• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

ufo8mycat

Just wondering, as I plan on upgrading my PC soon, those high-res screenshots of Ryse in this thread that you guys capture at that resolution, what FPS are you getting in-game? Stable 60fps? And if a single GPU is capable of this or do you need SLI?

And also what about the other games in here - would a single high-end card like a GTX 970 be able to run these games max settings @ 60fps on 4k resolution?

blaidd

Banned
This has not been the most enjoyable area, mainly because Hope is there and does nothing but mope.

15487684446_70cc3a09b2_o.png

15510849955_f7f2be2c21_o.png

Lol, yeah... Vanille is annoying as fuck and her voice makes your ears bleed (those changing accents doesn't help much - english, scottish, australian, ect.) but Hope is such a whiny little pussy, I wanna punch him the whole time. Or just leave him to die perferably.

Evo X

Just wondering, as I plan on upgrading my PC soon, those high-res screenshots of Ryse in this thread that you guys capture at that resolution, what FPS are you getting in-game? Stable 60fps? And if a single GPU is capable of this or do you need SLI?

And also what about the other games in here - would a single high-end card like a GTX 970 be able to run these games max settings @ 60fps on 4k resolution?

No single GPU is capable of running the latest games at 4K/60fps. I'm running SLI GTX 980s and even they might not hit a stable 60fps at 4K in all games.

What's the problem? I was looking forward to this :(

The way I make these game hacks is this:

First, I find the address in memory that holds a value I want to edit. To control the camera, I need to find the address that holds camera coordinates. But then, because the game constantly updates the camera position to where your character is, I also need to disable the lines of code that modify those values.

Now most of the time, the line of code that updates the camera position will only modify that 1 address in memory. Disabling that line of code will only cause the camera to stay static. I can then change the coordinates how ever I'd like. This is the best case scenario.

In the case of Ryse, that line of code happens to change about 40 addresses. So disabling that code will completely break the game. So normally in this situation, I need to modify the free camera script so that it filters out the camera coordinate address. When I know that's the address I'm dealing with, I can disable the code ONLY for that address. The problem is, there's just too many addresses and the values change too much each time you boot up the game. So it was impossible to create a reliable filter for the camera.

That said, I did just solve this exact same problem in Shadow of Mordor (for a different issue). I think I can probably apply that same method to Ryse in order to get the camera to work. Not sure though. Will probably take another half of my day trying and I still might fail :(

BONKERS

Lol, yeah... Vanille is annoying as fuck and her voice makes your ears bleed (those changing accents doesn't help much - english, scottish, australian, ect.) but Hope is such a whiny little pussy, I wanna punch him the whole time. Or just leave him to die perferably.

image.jpg

Thorgal

Funny thing about that is that people where complaining that Her Australian accent sounded fake And not Australian sounding .

The punchline ?

Her voice actress, Georgia Van Cuylenburg, is actually from Australia

To quote Tv tropes : Reality is unrealistic .

Xyber

I'm using the Japanese voices and I have no complaints about how Vanille sounds. I do not like her English voice at all though.

Durante

Note that if you use GeDoSaTo, you can set "maintainAspectRatio" to ... maintain the aspect ratio (getting black bars instead of stretching).

GavinUK86

Yep it is. Game only renders at 16:9 resolutions, and stretches elsewhere.

Might as well be something wrong with yours... It's 16:10 ;-)

But you're right, it get's squashed, I hadn't changed the aspect ratio in GeDoSaTo after the last update.

Oh okay. I thought they looked a bit off. I thought maybe Lightning had lost some weight.

I posted these in the GTX 900 series thread but figured they were worth sharing here.

wolfneworder_x642014-9orsf.png

wolfneworder_x642014-knqvh.png

Good frame rates with the new cards?

gunbo13

Only played for a bit @ 4K but it typically held 60. Drops occurred mostly during in-engine non interactive moments. Saw a small dip to ~40fps before that nurse shot, for example.

I'm using a 970 with a tame overclock at the moment. I'll have to see how fire fights go.

Vitor711

"Short back and sides please mate."

ryse2e4uae.jpg

ryse4jvubi.jpg

Wow. Just finished the game and I'm glad I played through it.

Crytek actually found out how to write a decent story, I was shocked. Gameplay was super repetitive but I didn't mind for the 3/4 playthroughs I sat through. As long as you don't try to marathon that game, it really is quite enjoyable, in spite of its many failings.

Denton

Man the glorious Ryse screens are making me want to pick it up.
Gotta hold out, too many games as it is. But it looks insane and makes me really excited about Kingdom Come and Star Citizen. Finally an era of glorious Cryengine games is coming.

GavinUK86

Wow. Just finished the game and I'm glad I played through it.

Crytek actually found out how to write a decent story, I was shocked. Gameplay was super repetitive but I didn't mind for the 3/4 playthroughs I sat through. As long as you don't try to marathon that game, it really is quite enjoyable, in spite of its many failings.

I finished it today too and was pleasantly surprised that the story was actually very good and had a satisfying conclusion. It didn't feel that repetitive to me though, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Bear in mind I am the kinda person who loved Beyond Two Souls and thought it was one of the best games of the year. Take that as you will.

Cdammen

hl22014-10-1222-36-17dccle.jpg

hl22014-10-1222-23-22csd43.jpg

Just got my monitor up to 4k with some manual tweaks. It's amazing to play Half-Life 2 at 4k, with max application AA, and all the bells and whistles and still maintain above 120fps. All this on a super-cheap second-hand 680 GTX :)

Spazznid

hl22014-10-1222-36-17dccle.jpg

hl22014-10-1222-23-22csd43.jpg

Just got my monitor up to 4k with some manual tweaks. It's amazing to play Half-Life 2 at 4k, with max application AA, and all the bells and whistles and still maintain above 120fps. All this on a super-cheap second-hand 680 GTX :)

Now play it at 4K with 8xSGSSAA and forced Ambient occlusion. Get that framerate bat to the single digits!

Top Bottom