• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

LuminatX

Neo Member
Have you tried setting your desktop to your desired resolution and then opening the launcher to see if it shows up?

EDIT: Okay, so It works if I set it to desktop res first.
just have to make sure ingame SSAA is either LOW or OFF, cause at high I get like 8fps haha, but with it off I get 50+/- at 4k

12898724944_cdeff9417d_o.jpg

12898709134_2dcd697e16_o.jpg

BONKERS

EDIT: Okay, so It works if I set it to desktop res first.
just have to make sure ingame SSAA is either LOW or OFF, cause at high I get like 8fps haha, but with it off I get 50+/- at 4k

I bet it looks glorious though!...I would hope anyway.

Also: TESO, forcing SGSSAA is impossible in DX9. I'm so sad. At least they have a UI scale slider. So you can play with downsampling and FXAA/SMAA. (Guessing by the shots, you using downsampling only?)

Also: If you do use the in game AA with Downsampling,(It's FXAA), disable it and use the driver FXAA in inspector instead. Doesn't blur anymore, but has much better coverage of edges.
eso looks half decent at 6k

Okay, how does it look now that I got some downsampling.
12899082804_62f102060d_o.jpg

GLORIOUS

eso looks half decent at 6k

The art is decent, but the technical aspects of it are kinda meh. Foliage and trees are awful. Everything kinda feels wooden\stiff. Not to mention the game is just awful to play.

ESO seems to be awful..its time for modding, again.

It can not be modded. Hell, I couldn't even get SweetFX to work. It just crashes on launch. I think they're detecting injectors and not allowing them.

The art is decent, but the technical aspects of it are kinda meh. Foliage and trees are awful. Everything kinda feels wooden\stiff. Not to mention the game is just awful to play.

It can not be modded. Hell, I couldn't even get SweetFX to work. It just crashes on launch. I think they're detecting injectors and not allowing them.

Throw ESO in the trash and come play CLoS 2! Your talent is wasted for that...and I extremely need a cheat table! Ghghghghgh

I was just screwing around during the free beta weekend. I've seen enough :)

I don't really like the new Castlevania games. I'm certainly not paying full price for the 2nd one. I tried cracking the camera in the demo but I didn't have any luck. Though I didn't try very hard :)

I was just screwing around during the free beta weekend. I've seen enough :)

I don't really like the new Castlevania games. I'm certainly not paying full price for the 2nd one. I tried cracking the camera in the demo but I didn't have any luck. Though I didn't try very hard :)

Whats wrong with CLoS? Its an amazing game (if u like the genre obviously), a great art direction and very impressive locations. With a freecamera tool could become a screenshots paradise...and maybe with a hudtoggle for the crappy ubiquitous minimap.

R8TEDM3

Mirros Edge is a quite old game but man, dat art style... it looks like a true Next gen game.

Totally agree with you mate! For some reason when the game first came out, i only played the first chapter, and couldn't get into it at all!

So just recently i decided to give it a second chance, and honestly i'm totally blown away by this 5 years old game! Incredible art style, and there's so many different ways to screenshot each location!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
12898398563_8316a8e1b1_o.jpg

12898696164_fd3dbb9322_o.jpg

It's not a matter of willingness. It's a matter of ability\time to learn. I just don't think I can right now.

I tried the ESO beta a couple months ago and thought it looked (and played) terrrible.

Your shots are totally changing my opinion. Great job dude.

Baleoce

I searched but couldn't see any, and was wondering if anyone has submitted any high res / downsampled screenshots of the PC version of Remember Me? I think they'd make Neo Paris look stunning imo.

decyx

Have you tried injecting SweetFX through RadeonPro? That's how I got it to work during thet beta. It works with Nvidia cards too.

My hipster is ready to face the Elves!

12921390005_81aae1be25_o.jpg

Downsampling does wonders on these trees

12922043855_ddbcf213ea_o.jpg

Have you tried injecting SweetFX through RadeonPro? That's how I got it to work during thet beta. It works with Nvidia cards too.

Not really interested unless that supports all of the 1.51 shaders (including gaussian bloom), but I don't think it does. Last I checked, RadeonPro only worked with an older version of SweetFx

Albeit a small/short horrorgame, small setting, everything forest, i'm still impressed by the work. Supposedly only one dude using Cryengine3 and i've seen more POM and tessellation here than in most tripple A games.

12915117103_111e1e4ac6_o.jpg

12915011053_1ddbe95593_o.jpg

Albeit a small/short horrorgame, small setting, everything forest, i'm still impressed by the work. Supposedly only one dude using Cryengine3 and i've seen more POM and tessellation here than in most tripple A games.

Thats cause its using all the assets provided in the CE3 SDK. I spent ages working on a map in CE3 and i recognize every single one of those assets, from the trees, to the rocks, to the houses :lol

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.4 GHz
2x-SLI EVGA GTX 680 4GB
16GB RAM @ 1866 MHz
QNIX QX2710 2560x1440 monitor

Why do you ask?

Because your screens are beautiful and running at insane res.

Btw.....excuse me while I drool over your rig.

Top Bottom