• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

ScRYeD

12866059814_cff616a855_o.jpg

12866053614_e259d5f0ca_o.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Thanks! Also just to make sure, are native 4k pic's not allowed in this thread?

99% of people viewing this thread don't have 4K monitors so it's kinda pointless. Downsampling will still show off the benefits of 4K since the image will generally be aliasing free.

Thanks! Also just to make sure, are native 4k pic's not allowed in this thread?

Just doesn't make a ton of sense right now. Most people are using 1920x or 2560x monitors. It can already take a while to load these pages with screenshots in those sizes.

I capture most of my screenshots at a minimum of 5120x2880 (usually higher if possible). It just makes more sense to downsample those to typical monitor sizes for both image quality and filesize reasons.

edit: beaten! i was distracted by a cat while typing that

BONKERS

Sharpening simulator
Sorry, couldn't help myself. I am just not a fan of sharpening in most cases. (Yes, The Witcher 2/3 I am looking at you T_T).

It does seem like there is sharpening in that shot, are you doing that to counteract the FXAA by chance?

BONKERS

Normally downsampling would help with increasing the sharpness a bit. (Especially once you get ~ the 1.6 x 1.6 mark), but I wonder if the in game SSAA does anything like that?

LuminatX

Neo Member
yes there is sharpening, i feel the fxaa is a bit too blurry for my taste, but of course maybe my taste is a bit sharp for others.

If my higher resolutions would show up in the Thief launcher, I would probably do with less sharpening, but alas, they do not.

My 2 cents on image size. I'm stuck with a bad internet connecction, when i load up a page in this thread i usually only wait until most of the jpg pictures of people have loaded ´to full res, then i cancel the loading of the page so that other downloads (steam) aren't affected by it. So i don't see a lot of the images some of you post because they are too big in filesize.

Timu

My 2 cents on image size. I'm stuck with a bad internet connecction, when i load up a page in this thread i usually only wait until most of the jpg pictures of people have loaded ´to full res, then i cancel the loading of the page so that other downloads (steam) aren't affected by it. So i don't see a lot of the images some of you post because they are too big in filesize.
It takes between 5-30(if there's way too many) seconds to load all these images, guess I'm lucky.=p

Pjsprojects

Best games i have ever played, what other games let you walk up to anyone and piss on them?

ibyycUSKaIFwLf.png

Glad i have all three even if they are old now.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

You come in here with a shit internet connection!?
You are a brave soul.

Edit: That second ME picture is my new wallpaper. So pretty!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Split/Second is a real pain of a game to screenshot. It just does not work out well because of all the motionblur/1080p max res.

On top of that, the framerate is locked to 30. Total buzzkill.

BONKERS

yes there is sharpening, i feel the fxaa is a bit too blurry for my taste, but of course maybe my taste is a bit sharp for others.

If my higher resolutions would show up in the Thief launcher, I would probably do with less sharpening, but alas, they do not.

Have you tried setting your desktop to your desired resolution and then opening the launcher to see if it shows up?

Top Bottom