• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
mvp flew too close to the sun

rip pleighboi
Unless I'm missing someone McBob and Kemba seem to be the only two on the squad who can throw a pass that doesn't careen off a fan's dome in the stands.

On my phone so I don't see them but I bet any 5 man squad without at least one of them is a shit show unless maybe that group just runs 100% post ups for Big AL.

Holiday ans Jason Smith are solid defensively as well, but Tyreke/Gordan/Andersen/Morrow/Rivers/Roberts are all a fucking mess defensively, and aminu is either impressive or a fucking diaster depending on the night/matchup
mcbob gets those assists by playing his own, special breed of basketball - which isn't 'bad' but its not something that he'll ever be able to do for more than 20 minutes a game. and that was when he didn't have a foot in the grave. he's slowly dying on the court looking more and more feeble every game. i still like him, but he should never be anything more than a bench player. hell, he'd probably be great for us coming off the bench (because fuck sessions). sooner or later though, coach cliff is gonna need to take be honest with himself, start biz, and just deal with it.

and the pelicans are a clusterfuck man... there's no reason they should be in the situation they're in

I don't even get why LeBron suddenly flipped, that was a relatively clean wrap with no contact above the shoulders, and he didn't even lose his footing.

The Wiz did far worse his first few playoff appearances.

MVP

Banned
How do you know he is trollin for sure?

Don't let them convince you I'm trolling, most people secretly agree with me about Lebron, but won't admit it because they're afraid of being ridiculed by their internet peers. Luckily I don't have any internet friends so I can say what I want lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Damn Parsons out again...

wtf

giri

I know bill simmons isn't the most analytical guy, but the birdmester podcasts / videos have been entertaining to listen too.

I also actually understand what they meant about Granger basically HAS to be traded on the pacers.

They're keeping West, Hibbert and George. Thats basically $40M next year. And then they've got to keep Lance. They've obviously invested incredibly heavily in him and intend to keep him. And the salary cap will be about $58M next year. Indiana also don't like to go over the cap, or if they do, very far.

So they basically have $18M for the rest of their roster. George Hill is making $8M. Granger just made $14M this season. Which puts them ~$4M over the cap.

And that's before Lance is re-signed. That 14M Granger made, That's going to Lance next year.

And that's before the fill out the rest of their roster. Which you assume they'll be trying to do whilst staying under the luxury tax (probably ~ 72M next year)

So unless the pacers want to see Granger walk for nothing... they basically have to trade him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I know bill simmons isn't the most analytical guy, but the birdmester podcasts / videos have been entertaining to listen too.

I also actually understand what they meant about Granger basically HAS to be traded on the pacers.

They're keeping West, Hibbert and George. Thats basically $40M next year. And then they've got to keep Lance. They've obviously invested incredibly heavily in him and intend to keep him. And the salary cap will be about $58M next year. Indiana also don't like to go over the cap, or if they do, very far.

So they basically have $18M for the rest of their roster. George Hill is making $8M. Granger just made $14M this season. Which puts them ~$4M over the cap.

And that's before Lance is re-signed. That 14M Granger made, That's going to Lance next year.

And that's before the fill out the rest of their roster. Which you assume they'll be trying to do whilst staying under the luxury tax (probably ~ 72M next year)

So unless the pacers want to see Granger walk for nothing... they basically have to trade him.

I agree with you 100%. This is kind of why they won't trade him.

They can't really afford to trade him for anything other than matching expiring deals or in a bigger package that also unloads another contract alongside his.

giri

I agree with you 100%. This is kind of why they won't trade him.

They can't really afford to trade him for anything other than matching expiring deals or in a bigger package that also unloads another contract alongside his.

They could do it for a vet that would re-sign for much less, for a chance to contend for a while. Simmons suggested Stuckey, not the worst name.

But also they could add bit part players in the trade that they want to keep. Or for picks so they can keep the guys on rookie contracts.

The main salary intake would have to be another expiring though.

Forever

Banned
Sir you are getting far to belligerent right now. You need to calm down right now.

Problem with Drake night is we already beat his favorite team last night.

0621-miami-heat-party-02-480w.jpg

kansas players suck

i gave up on wiggins as soon as he committed

Self usually makes his best guys look NBA good too

So the fact that his team is ass right now is concerning for Wiggins and Embiid imo

McLemore could shoot though.

In terms of stats, Wiggins is a near exact match with...Harrison Barnes.

I think people will take Barnes over McLemore though.

I'd have written Wiggins off by now if it weren't for the fact that he can dribble better than Barnes.

Doesn't take away the fact that he is still passive but he actually has the ability to take over games which is more than you can say for Harrison.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
F-ing leaking rain at the Verizon Center.

Rockets/Wiz game is delayed now

Top Bottom