• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

BROOKLYN DOMINATION SOON. I knew they would come back strong at some point. The Truth is ready for his ring. The East belongs to us. Suck it, Knicks.

Yours,

Franck

58k51d5m.jpg

I come bearing gifts : An interview with knux future

;_;

image.php

good hearing from you breh your team is in such a great position right now

want to provide gaf an update on your thoughts, you mind answering a few questions?

1. Thoughts on MCW

Glad to eat Crow, on him for sure. I thought dude would suck big time. Has been a huge surprise. Still he can't finish for shit because he is light as hell and goes for weird contorsions on his layups and Turner's bitchassness is rubbing off on him as he is complaining a ton. Also occasionally gets Kome on too much. But overall wayyy better than expected

2. Thoughts on your early success / current tank

I get super concerned when dudes like Thad start beasting for no fucking reason and lead us to 5 game winning streaks. the way the East is that shit can lead you to a top 5 seed. I expect one of Turner, Thad, or Hawes to be moved tho. Games have become super unwatchable tho.

3. Who you like in the draft for your team so far

I want Wiggins still. Embiid is tempting but this city has shitty luck with bigmen. I just think Wiggins is the type of guy we need. Doesn't need the ball to be effective, super athletic and if Brown can fix MCW broken shot...then imagine what he can do with Wiggins. I'd be ok with Parker but I am scared of his potential lack of athleticism at times...Look at Turner for example.

Take care

We miss you knux

;_;

big-boss-salute.jpg%3Fw%3D300%26h%3D189

Whoever gets the #1 overall in this draft is going to be sweating

Same with the #2

If you let Wiggins drop and he somehow fulfills the hype...damn.

By the same token, how do you take a prospect that has looked fairly meh in college over a guy like Embiid?

Same with the #2

By the same token, how do you take a prospect that has looked fairly meh in college over a guy like Embiid?

How has Smart looked so far? Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, and Randle all seem to have significant red flags right now.

linsivvi

Same with the #2

1. Get all of them to play in the Olympics and become buddies.
2. Make sure you have the cap room to sign all of them the summer they are to become free agents.
3. ????
4. Profit.

How has Smart looked so far? Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, and Randle all seem to have significant red flags right now.

Smart's still kind of an asshole (and I'm sure 29 fanbases in this thread will hate him as soon as he reaches the NBA. There must be something in the water in Oklahoma with both the FThunder and Smart coming from there) and still can't shoot, but he's improved his ability to score pretty dramatically and his stats are still great.

I don't think Embiid has that significant of red flags personally.

1. Get all of them to play in the Olympics and become buddies.
2. Make sure you have the cap room to sign all of them the summer they are to become free agents.
3. ????
4. Profit.

I think 3 involves living somewhere with no state income tax and a good night life scene.

Edit: I think dumb fouls can be a bad sign, though it's possible something he'll grow out of.

I think 3 involves living somewhere with no state income tax and a good night life scene.

Edit: I think dumb fouls can be a bad sign, though it's possible something he'll grow out of.

This is my red flag with Embiid. He looks great otherwise, but he's averaging 4 personal fouls a game after last night.That's crazy considering the competition he's faced.

The question is just how many of those are just "I don't know how to defend without fouling" fouls and how many of them are "I'm an asshole" fouls.

Good news is I think it's more of the latter. He seems to have an attitude issue and does shady stuff nearly every night. That's something he can at least mature through.

thekad

Banned
The early hype on this draft class has made people ridiculously critical of the top tier players. Every prospect is going to have weaknesses, they're 18 years old. Rose was mediocre in college and even Durant had a fairly weak rookie year though he showed plenty of potential.

Wiggins, Embiid, Smart, Parker will all be all-star caliber pros and I wouldn't be surprised if Exum and Randle will too.

The early hype on this draft class has made people ridiculously critical of the top tier players. Every prospect is going to have weaknesses, they're 18 years old. Rose was mediocre in college and even Durant had a fairly weak rookie year though he showed plenty of potential.

Wiggins, Embiid, Smart, Parker will all be all-star caliber pros and I wouldn't be surprised if Exum and Randle will too.

I will say that I saw Arkansas beat Blake Griffin's Oklahoma team in person and he looked baaaaad (we destroyed them and then didn't win a single SEC game), so it's probably too early to tell on some of these guys.

Meh, the flaws that Randle and Gordon have are major, fundamental to them, and possibly unfixable I think. Randle is just a small, unathletic player with a completely broken jump shot and no defensive fundamentals, that's not a guy who should go top 10, I think, regardless of backlash effects. Gordon is Shaq-like on jumpers and is too small to dominate the paint (on either end) to make up for that and looks extremely stiff in general. I think Embiid and Parker have issues that are fixable (Embiid is too anxious on defense, but he's played basketball for 30 months), but I think there's definitely question marks on a lot of these highly hyped Freshman. Guys like Perry Jones and Harrison Barnes (who Wiggins has been an extremely close match to) aren't really tearing it up in the NBA after their disappointing college career...

Everyone is sleeping on Noah Vonleh, I hope he falls to us and we're smart enough to take him. He's the third best prospect in this draft in my opinion.

MKG, Vonleh, and Biyombo would be the best defensive frontcourt in the NBA in 2 years.

I like him a lot, but isn't he going back for his Sophomore year?

That's what I've read too. He would be smart to declare though because the only competition he has in this year's lottery are Randle and Embiid. I like him better than both of them. And next year's class is the most loaded frontcourt class since the year Hibbert and Lopez were drafted.

C'mon Felton you had a 2-for-1 there.

Oh well Knicks played that 1st like they played an OT game yesterday. Gonna have to get contributions from the young guys tonight.

No excuses, this team is always crying about being tired,others deal with it and do fine.

Not really. Most teams tend to struggle on the back end of a back-to-back, especially if they played an OT game the night before and especially if they're missing one of their starters. I'm not a Knick fan, but with MKG also returning, this was going to be a tough game for them to win.

Top Bottom