• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

The trash goes all the way up to the 5th seed out East. The draft this year should have good players outside of the top 5, so I would say it's pretty meaningful.

I think it drops off pretty badly after the top 4 (Embiid, Parker, Smart, Exum) personally...There are good players after that, but I don't know if those guys after the top 4 will impact things too dramatically instead of just being role players.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If Rondo stays healthy and they get their chemistry quickly Boston really could be out of getting a top 10 pick really easily.

There's

Bucks
Orlando
Utah
Philly
Boston
LA
Sac
Cleveland
New York
Nola
Charlotte

They're seriously not even out of the playoff race out East.

Utahs been playin well, Sac, Cleveland with Deng will be fine, charlotte won't tank, Nola needs to weather the injuries but they'll be fine. Like I said Kobe won't be ok with a tank so when he's back I expect the Lakers to be about 500.

Sanjuro

smh again

Are you not aware of the absurd amount of picks we have or are you just being a prude on some silly comment? Point is, we probably will hoard them away and waste them on things that aren't useful.

Boston is a couple losses away from a guaranteed top 4 pick tho

I know. I'm not saying this team's priority is to win now. Due to this market, we can't become what we were in 2007. With what we have now, we can still drum up ticket sales to an acceptable level and keep the interest. This market isn't prime for a complete waste of space for another couple decades again.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
He's had your team underachieving for a while now

I don't know about that, but he definitely isn't helping. His rotations are a mess, he has this weird insistence on running his system which hasn't proven to be all that effective to the point of dictating personnel moves and he marginalizes Rubio by having him stand around on offense a lot.

Are you not aware of the absurd amount of picks we have or are you just being a prude on some silly comment? Point is, we probably will hoard them away and waste them on things that aren't useful.

I doubt that happens, it seems pretty clear that Ainge is hoarding all of these picks so that he can eventually trade them when the right deal comes along not unlike the KG/Ray Allen trades or more recently the James Harden trade.

Sanjuro

I doubt that happens, it seems pretty clear that Ainge is hoarding all of these picks so that he can eventually trade them when the right deal comes along not unlike the KG/Ray Allen trades or more recently the James Harden trade.

Ainge scares the fuck out of me. A broken clock is still right twice a day. He had no idea what to do with this team for years. Playing without a point guard?! No problem guys!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
"You haven't proven anything. You can forget about being a playoff team. Why don't you come out and prove it?"

damn, adelman

Utahs been playin well, Sac, Cleveland with Deng will be fine, charlotte won't tank, Nola needs to weather the injuries but they'll be fine. Like I said Kobe won't be ok with a tank so when he's back I expect the Lakers to be about 500.

Maybe, maybe not, but Kobe ain't gonna have this team playing .500, no way no how. We'll probably be worse with him trying to get into game shape for a couple weeks and fudging up Dantoni's system.

He'll hate it, but he own't have no choice.

Sanjuro

Maybe, maybe not, but Kobe ain't gonna have this team playing .500, no way no how. We'll probably be worse with him trying to get into game shape for a couple weeks and fudging up Dantoni's system.

He'll hate it, but he own't have no choice.

You'll see those phantom injuries show up more if that's the case. Don't blame him though. Difference between Boston and LA is the Lakers have to be and are supposed to be good.

Ainge scares the fuck out of me. A broken clock is still right twice a day. He had no idea what to do with this team for years. Playing without a point guard?! No problem guys!

He hasn't been perfect but given the lack of real assets he's had I think he's done a pretty good job with this team. I will agree that it seems like he had no idea what to do with the team for years but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that he pretty much couldn't do much of anything with the team until the Nets were willing to overpay for Pierce/KG/Terry.

Sanjuro

He hasn't been perfect but given the lack of real assets he's had I think he's done a pretty good job with this team. I will agree that it seems like he had no idea what to do with the team for years but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that he pretty much couldn't do much of anything with the team until the Nets were willing to overpay for Pierce/KG/Terry.

Those assets are rarely available. NBA isn't structured to be a fun league.

You'll see those phantom injuries show up more if that's the case. Don't blame him though. Difference between Boston and LA is the Lakers have to be and are supposed to be good.

We'll never know; Blake Nash Kobe and even Xavier Henry have been out for significant chunks of the season. Pau has been playing hurt for a while and we are playing two d-leaguers. We are, and should be bad by any reasonable person's expectations.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

With what he's done the last 2 years I've been made a believer. I thought the whole thing post 07 was overblown in that he never really found the replacement pieces for posey or Tony Allen, not to mention a new center, and his drafting was beyond questionable. That being said the pierce/kg/terry trade was insane, the courtney lee deal was great, and moving crawford was smart. But if he blows the tank here he's screwing up. They have so many assets, and a ton of good free agents comin up. If they could get a franchise player from the draft, sign a FA, and with some damn solid pieces they have now, they could be a contender in 3 or 4 years.

Top Bottom