• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

linsivvi

I wasn't talking as a Spurs fan. Just an observer. What team is above OKC?

It doesn't matter what team you root for. You can't use lack of defense to describe the 2nd or 3rd best defensive team in the league, especially when they play in the West against all these high scoring teams.

Cloudy

Banned
The reason Kobe is dead is because he fought against your powers all those years. It took all he had to defeat you and win 2 chips late in his career.

His body just flat gave out.

Haven't you done enough?

Don't be a downer. He'll be back in a few weeks and we actually have a PG now :)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
It doesn't matter what team you root for. You can't use lack of defense to describe the 2nd or 3rd best defensive team in the league, especially when they play in the West against all these high scoring teams.

they gave up 74 or whatever to Houston in 1 half

Can't excuse that shit no matter how much Houston shit the bed in the 2nd.

BeO6SPoIcAEWBQb.jpg

LuchaShaq

Banned
Honestly 54 on 28 shots with ANDRE IGOUDALA/top 5 team in the league defense this year on you is more impressive than 81 on 46 shots with old ass Jalen Rose/old ass Morris Peterson and a bunch of bigs who gave zero fucks.

Most impressive scoring game I can ever remember watching.

....Just kidding Kobe had Smush Mihm and Kwame on that squad playing big minutes, means every bucket was literally 1v3 no matter how open they were.

Karma for what?

The Warriors sat all of their players other than Klay the last 25ish games of the season to intentionally lose to get a top 7 pick. They owed that draft pick to the Jazz, but it had top 7 protection. The pick turned into Barnes.

Then again, I don't know if it's as much karma as him being stiff and robotic, but it does feel better than if they picked Drummond or Henson.

The Warriors sat all of their players other than Klay the last 25ish games of the season to intentionally lose to get a top 7 pick. They owed that draft pick to the Jazz, but it had top 7 protection. The pick turned into Barnes.

Then again, I don't know if it's as much karma as him being stiff and robotic, but it does feel better than if they picked Drummond or Henson.
OK thanks. Would diehard also consider it karma if the Lakers get Parker and he turns out to be a bust? Slightly different situation but it still involves tanking and screwing over the Jazz.

linsivvi

OK thanks. Would diehard also consider it karma if the Lakers get Parker and he turns out to be a bust? Slightly different situation but it still involves tanking and screwing over the Jazz.

Lakers taking Parker doesn't prevent the Jazz taking another top prospect this summer.

Them winning games does.

giri

I bet he follows Kendall Marshall on Twitter.

"I love the way you assist. You are way better than Nash and Dwight put together. You can help Kobe win #6."

Kendall is considered a legit starter now?

Standards have really dropped in laker land.

Then again, i guess any warm body is considered legit atm.

C4Lukins

So I did some stat crunching. You do not even want to know. Dirk is having somewhere between his sixth and seventh best season out of 16 this year at the age of 35. And if you were to take into account his minutes played which is 3.4 below his average, he would be somewhere between his third and fourth best season ever. This is taking into account fouls, assists, steals rebounds and the such. I used 16 specific stat categories over his career. I think he would also be top 6 this season per a 48 minutes in scoring compared to all other players.

And of those six. He would be 4th in fg% and 1st in both 3 point % and free throw%. So yeah, Dirk is the man.

Lakers media was on his dick after the beat the worst team in the western conference (2nd worst team in the league) heralding him as the second coming of nash.

AcridMeat

Banned
Was busy all day and night, saw that Durant dropped his career high on the dubs, and curry had 7 turnovers. How bad, or good was it?

Konex is not laker land, come on now!

That said, I think it's ridiculous how Derek Fisher has a backup PG role in the NBA but somehow Kendall Marshall couldn't even get a chance to play for 2 months. I don't think Kendall Marshall is a starter by any means and I don't even know if he's good enough to make it in the league long term, but he at least could potentially be a backup PG in the L and he's young. Why are teams paying large vet mins to guys who we know are done and can't play like Fisher or Mike James last year or whomever.

And this isn't directed at just Marshall. All positions, like Stephen Jackson this year couldn't have been done by a young SG prospect?

Frustrating.

pilonv1

Don't forget they had to win a coin flip with Toronto as well.

I'm not giving up yet but he's been nothing but disappointing all season outside of the last time they played OKC

giri

Konex is not laker land, come on now!

That said, I think it's ridiculous how Derek Fisher has a backup PG role in the NBA but somehow Kendall Marshall couldn't even get a chance to play for 2 months. I don't think Kendall Marshall is a starter by any means and I don't even know if he's good enough to make it in the league long term, but he at least could potentially be a backup PG in the L and he's young. Why are teams paying large vet mins to guys who we know are done and can't play like Fisher or Mike James last year or whomever.

And this isn't directed at just Marshall. All positions, like Stephen Jackson this year couldn't have been done by a young SG prospect?

Frustrating.

He isn't lightening quick. Has no change of pace. Has no out side shot (thats reliable anyway), gives up rookie fouls (that clear path foul in PHX was just dumb), and lacks a lot of composure. I'm not sure whats in it for teams to pay him to be a backup and fuck up. But i can see the argument for paying him 1M vs a vet backup 5M.

Pkaz01

is JJ reddick to the clippers what iggy was for the warriors? They are pulling themselves away from the rockets and warriors and doing it without chris paul.

He isn't lightening quick. Has no change of pace. Has no out side shot (thats reliable anyway), gives up rookie fouls (that clear path foul in PHX was just dumb), and lacks a lot of composure. I'm not sure whats in it for teams to pay him to be a backup and fuck up. But i can see the argument for paying him 1M vs a vet backup 5M.

None of that for someone who is 22 is worse than paying someone like Derek Fisher $2 million.

At least Marshall has looked like one of the 30 backup PGs in the league so far.

All I'm saying is I don't get why teams don't take a chance on a 22 year old D-leaguer over the likes of players who are clearly too horrible to be playing anymore.

Yeah, the 22 year old might suck as much, but we don't know that. And he's cheaper and you can instantly replace him with another 22 year old dude when it comes time.

Watch someone sign rip hamilton over a D-leaguer who at least deserves a shot.

Marshall got 700 total minutes last year to prove himself and was cast aside. I bet there's a hand full of players like him in the D-league who would be better than some NBA players right now.

Top Bottom