• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

giri

None of that for someone who is 22 is worse than paying someone like Derek Fisher $2 million.

At least Marshall has looked like one of the 30 backup PGs in the league so far.

All I'm saying is I don't get why teams don't take a chance on a 22 year old D-leaguer over the likes of players who are clearly too horrible to be playing anymore.

Yeah, the 22 year old might suck as much, but we don't know that. And he's cheaper and you can instantly replace him with another 22 year old dude when it comes time.

Watch someone sign rip hamilton over a D-leaguer who at least deserves a shot.

Marshall got 700 total minutes last year to prove himself and was cast aside. I bet there's a hand full of players like him in the D-league who would be better than some NBA players right now.

The difference is i guess, Fisher has proven he can do it under pressure in the biggest games. Where as marshal can't in a regular season game.

Again, i don't disagree. But come play offs time i can sort of understand it.

Why it's not done more with regular season contracts 13,14 & 15 i don't know.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The difference is i guess, Fisher has proven he can do it under pressure in the biggest games. Where as marshal can't in a regular season game.

Again, i don't disagree. But come play offs time i can sort of understand it.

Why it's not done more with regular season contracts 13,14 & 15 i don't know.

I'd take him over Sessions right now

Agreed, he somehow turned into a selfish chucker since coming to Charlotte after being known for his passing. The pick and roll dunk he executed with Biyombo against the Knicks earlier this week is the only play I can remember this season being happy with his play. If he did more of that and called his own number less I'd love to keep him around.

Also, I am dying to buy some gear with the new Hornet logo designs. If I am any indication for the market then MJ is about to make major bank. I am seriously ready to drop some money on that stuff.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Agreed, he somehow turned into a selfish chucker since coming to Charlotte after being known for his passing. The pick and roll dunk he executed with Biyombo against the Knicks earlier this week is the only play I can remember this season being happy with his play. If he did more of that and called his own number less I'd love to keep him around.

Also, I am dying to buy some gear with the new Hornet logo designs. If I am any indication for the market then MJ is about to make major bank. I am seriously ready to drop some money on that stuff.

They've done a really good job setting up the transition down in Charlotte. MJ and his new FO don't get enough recognition for all they did to reverse Bob Johnson's fuckery.

They've done a really good job setting up the transition down in Charlotte. MJ and his new FO don't get enough recognition for all they did to reverse Bob Johnson's fuckery.

Yeah, they've really done a great job engaging the community and fanbase in a positive way over the last few years. Charlotte is really starting to embrace the team too, the change back to the Hornets and the work MJ and co have done in the community are going to completely change the vibe of the team, in a good way.

Also, if you haven't signed up for this you might as well. The team is randomly picking people to give free stuff too, no reason to turn down cool free swag.

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/new-hornets-gear-giveaway

140117_gear2_01.jpg

MVP

Banned
What is OKC's record during KD's little high-scoring streak? Oh just checked...so "valuable", such MVP lol

Not yet, lil' man. You'll have your day eventually.

YTrJ3pA.jpg

is JJ reddick to the clippers what iggy was for the warriors? They are pulling themselves away from the rockets and warriors and doing it without chris paul.
We're better offensively and worse defensively with him starting. I he's free a feeling we're going to get blown out today, though. Facing the Pacers on the second game of a back to back on the road seems like a recipe for disaster even if we were fully healthy.

The Minnesota Timberwolves are once again losing their seesaw, back-and-forth battle with the .500 mark. After breaking even yet again at 18-18 on Jan. 10, the Wolves have lost two straight to fall to 18-20.

More concerning than the record—which still isn't that bad—is the effect this seasonseems to be having on point guard Ricky Rubio. The third-year guard vented his frustrations to reporters, courtesy of the Associated Press' Jon Krawczynski.

Rubio: "I'm going to be honest. I'm not feeling comfortable out there."
— Jon Krawczynski (@APkrawczynski) January 17, 2014

Rubio: "I'm not being myself and the team is noticing. I just have to be back where I was, be myself. I'm working on that."

Rubio: "It's basketball. I love it. But I'm just not having as much fun as it used to be."

Uh-oh. Those are troubling statements, particularly the last one. Rubio usually plays with such singular vision and enthusiasm. Win or lose, he seems like a kid who plays for love of the game.

Scrubio is losing hope...

We're better offensively and worse defensively with him starting. I he's free a feeling we're going to get blown out today, though. Facing the Pacers on the second game of a back to back on the road seems like a recipe for disaster even if we were fully healthy.

I'll admit that I was pretty down on Griffin at the beginning of the season, but he's improved so much this year.

Our Achilles' heel is going to be rebounding, especially o-boarding this season. If we don't fix it by the end of the season, we're toast in the playoffs.

Scrubio is losing hope...

I'll admit that I was pretty down on Griffin at the beginning of the season, but he's improved so much this year.

Our Achilles' heel is going to be rebounding, especially o-boarding this season. If we don't fix it by the end of the season, we're toast in the playoffs.
Yeah I think DJ has focused so much on defense that he's much less engaged on the offensive glass. He will be needed in games against dominant big men like those on the Pacers. We also need to shoot better from 3, especially from Barnes, Redick, and Dudley.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Here's a thought... the closest you can get to a .500 record in the playoffs and win the championship with today's playoff format is with a 16-12 record. With a 5-game first round, you could go 15-11 and win it all.

Has any team done that, where they played every potential game in a series and won it all? The closest I can think of is Boston in '08 when they went 16-10.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Here's a thought... the closest you can get to a .500 record in the playoffs and win the championship with today's playoff format is with a 16-12 record. With a 5-game first round, you could go 15-11 and win it all.

Has any team done that, where they played every potential game in a series and won it all? The closest I can think of is Boston in '08 when they went 16-10.

Not sure about won but the 1994 Knicks played 25 games in the playoffs that year before losing to the Rockets in game 7. Pretty sure thats been the most played.

edit: Oh right those Celtics broke that.

What is OKC's record during KD's little high-scoring streak? Oh just checked...so "valuable", such MVP lol

Not yet, lil' man. You'll have your day eventually

if only he had a third all star player on his team to help him out if one them is injured :(

So what's the off-season anticipated to be from Heat fans anyway

Are Ray, Chalmers, Beasley and Battier expected to sign an extension?

Most likely, just do to bird rights.

Nobody is coming to MIA for significantly less money, in their primes, to watch Big 3 play 38 minutes a night.

So what's the off-season anticipated to be from Heat fans anyway

Are Ray, Chalmers, Beasley and Battier expected to sign an extension?
Ray and battier will retire. Battier has indicated as much. Some stupid team might overpay chalmers, I doubt it and he'll probably take whatever scraps Riley gives him. Cole is better anyway. Don't really care about beas. Hopefully Wade and Bosh opt out and sign smaller contracts. The really difficult part will be finding quality role players.

Also KD : bow

Your MVP to lose, hopefully lbj makes it interesting.

None of that for someone who is 22 is worse than paying someone like Derek Fisher $2 million.

At least Marshall has looked like one of the 30 backup PGs in the league so far.

All I'm saying is I don't get why teams don't take a chance on a 22 year old D-leaguer over the likes of players who are clearly too horrible to be playing anymore.

Yeah, the 22 year old might suck as much, but we don't know that. And he's cheaper and you can instantly replace him with another 22 year old dude when it comes time.

Watch someone sign rip hamilton over a D-leaguer who at least deserves a shot.

Marshall got 700 total minutes last year to prove himself and was cast aside. I bet there's a hand full of players like him in the D-league who would be better than some NBA players right now.

I think guys like Fisher are a security blanket for GMs and coaches. Vets that allow them to ignore stats and rates and justify their existence by "intangibles". Also if Fisher is playing late in a game (even though he has no business doing so) and misses a late shot or makes a mistake, people are far less likely to criticize the coach for having him out there because there is this perception that he is "clutch", whereas that wouldn't be the case if it was Kendall Marshall or some other marginal young player out there.

How did Wiggins only score 3 points? What?

Zack LaVine is gonna fuck around and be a top 10 pick.

He's like the guy from Mystery Men who can turn invisible as long as no one is looking at him. Explosive as fuck when no one is around, can't jump at all when anyone is near him.

I guess I wouldn't mind taking him in the lottery on the idea that he'll actually become a good basketball athlete instead of just a mixtape athlete, but he's just so strange physically right now.

How did Wiggins only score 3 points? What?

He's like the guy from Mystery Men who can turn invisible as long as no one is looking at him. Explosive as fuck when no one is around, can't jump at all when anyone is near him.

I guess I wouldn't mind taking him in the lottery on the idea that he'll actually become a good basketball athlete instead of just a mixtape athlete, but he's just so strange physically right now.

I really like his handles for a guy his size. I think it will let him be more of a combo guard at the next level if he can get to the rim. I think there is a lot to like there, I'm not 100% sold on him by any means, but I think he's the type of workout warrior that GMs are going to fall in love with come draft time.

I almost wish Ben Howland was still the coach at UCLA so then we could say he's being held back lol

Top Bottom