• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Pkaz01

Portland really doesn't want to see the warriors on suns in that first round. That is going to be a nightmare for them after such a good season

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
TfxFG9H.gif

Plays like shit but still acts like a douche

otapnam

Portland really doesn't want to see the warriors on suns in that first round. That is going to be a nightmare for them after such a good season

Saw a chart somewhere that showed the blazers opponents so far have been way easier than they will be after the break. And its not necessarily based on record alone

I think they would pull out the series as well but I just don't think they match up well with those two compared to the other first round possibilities.

Not sure where this is coming from. First game at oracle the blazers crushed them. Warriors are like the blazers with a slightly better bench and no low post threat. The one thing they do well against us is play the passing lanes. I think stotts could adjust over the course of a series and let batum/matthews go backdoor a little more often.

Suns have done a good job exploiting portland's weaknesses with their offensive scheme since they like to attack the middle and pull out our bigs forcing lopez out of the game. Plus, their midrange shooting skill off the dribble is perfect for attacking our sagging pnr defense. I just don't see them keeping up with our offense going nuts in a playoff atmosphere.

Blackace

Forever

Banned
The look of uncomfort on his face tells a different tale that your narrative
lol you can't be serious. That's a smile through the mouthguard and a playful fist. All the Celtics boards and blogs will tell you the same thing. Their closeness is well documented. Even the announcers at the time were going d'aw. It's not my narrative, it's the truth.

Here see for yourself.

Just goes to show how much unwarranted flak KG gets. The man can't even show affection without being labeled a douche.

Blackace

lol you can't be serious. That's a smile through the mouthguard and a playful fist. All the Celtics boards and blogs will tell you the same thing. Their closeness is well documented. Even the announcers at the time were going d'aw. It's not my narrative, it's the truth.

Here see for yourself.

Just goes to show how much unwarranted flak KG gets.

KG playful taunts former teammate is the headline pretty much everywhere

And nothing is unwarranted about the flak KG gets...

exarkun

Portland, GS, Houston, and the Clippers all occupy that second tier of "good" teams that is marked by inconsistency, lapses of defense for extended periods, and headscratching moments of wtf created by either a player or coach.

With Portland those moments come from mo williams and some of the bench guys, GS and Houston from their coaches (and it trickles down to the players), and the Clips its Dudley/Crawford/and their front court guys. They all have stretches of "defense is optional" play.

Im not even hating because I can't see Houston beating those teams in a playoff series. Since the beginning I've said we're second round fodder (lol at the commentators saying we could make it to the west conf. championship) and that if we win a game or two in the second round the bottles will pop. Because of our coach, I don't even think we make it to the second round anymore. The lone bright spots on the rockets are Parsons and Howard. Uggh can't even watch 4th quarters anymore since I know no adjustments are going to be made and collapse is imminent.

Wasted my time watching Portland vs. Golden State. Both teams didn't play shit, but Portland was on another level. Funny the announcers acting like GS defense had something to do with it.

Lebron getting embarrassed in front of David Motherfucking Beckham. Good stuff.

http://deadspin.com/football-still-really-freaking-popular-1509795727

Hockey is almost as popular as the NBA now. That sucks.

The league won't get popular until someone that isn't the usual suspects (Lebron/Kobe/the Spurs/the Celtics) gets to win - and for the other teams in popular locations to actually be plausible contenders as well.

Last season was on the right path. This season, everyone's hurt and teams are openly tanking deliberately, so there's really nothing exciting about it unless you're already a diehard fan.

jjasper

That poll is strange. I really don't see how it possible for Men's soccer to be down 1% in popularity compared to 1985.

Anyway the NBA's TV arrangement will almost always limit its popularity. The fall in popularity lines up perfectly with the move to ABC/ESPN.

KingGondo

Banned
http://deadspin.com/football-still-really-freaking-popular-1509795727

Hockey is almost as popular as the NBA now. That sucks.
Wrong. The percentage of the population that says the NBA is their favorite sport is 6%, the percentage that says hockey is 5%.

If you asked the same people to list their top 5 sports, most would have the NBA above the NHL.

I'm honestly not sure I could even answer that question. I'd probably pick the NBA, but I also love college football and the NFL. For me, it's probably 1a. NBA 1b. CFB 2. NFL

captmcblack said:
Last season was on the right path. This season, everyone's hurt and teams are openly tanking deliberately, so there's really nothing exciting about it unless you're already a diehard fan.
This has been a really bad year for the casual fan. The usual suspects from the big markets suck or have major injuries, there are no truly exciting rookies (other than Steven Funaki Adams) to latch onto.

There's some great stuff to watch if you're a hardcore fan (Blazers, Warriors, KD's insane run, Knicks and Cavs schadenfreude) but the large number of teams unapologetically tanking is hard to take.

When Bosh is moved for Asik in the off-season and LeBron goes back to Cleveland in combination with a stellar draft class and the end of hardcore tanking, the NBA will deliver a product that shames the peak Jordan days.

Believe.

When Bosh is moved for Asik in the off-season and LeBron goes back to Cleveland in combination with a stellar draft class and the end of hardcore tanking, the NBA will deliver a product that shames the peak Jordan days.

Believe.

Riley hates Euro players

Never going to happen

Hey Faze did you see Kanter dominate the Wiz after you hated on him?

Nope, dvr fail

Was he eating up Gortat

That Bitch

The Toronto Raptors remain interested in trading Kyle Lowry despite his strong play and the team's recent surge.

Lowry will be a free agent this offseason and the Raptors prefer a return on an asset they are unlikely to re-sign.

The Raptors have yet to find a team willing to meet their asking price for Lowry.

Lowry is a strong candidate for the All-Star Game.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

BOW

Masai is really impressive

Top Bottom