• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

diehard

Fleer
The belief that NBA scouts have in Aaron Gordon being able to improve his shooting and shot creating from "catastrophic" to "good" really seems out there. If he does improve his skill level dramatically, he'll be very good...But you can say that about a ton of players who are rated as a late first round picks or second rounders and Gordon is projected top 7.

is he really any worse at shooting that MCW was?

giri

Who are the Grizz knocking off?

They play the Mavs twice, and just about every other playoff seed out west atleast once.

And then a whole bunch of east teams.

Their season is really in their hands now.

mavs, suns, GSW are vulnerable. Heck, Portland and Houston are an injury away from a potential collapse.

This is some lolbad basketball being played between the Mavs and Pistons right now. I don't know if I could take a loss to the Pistons..........

jjasper

We also own the tiebreaker against the suns and are 2-1 against #fullsquad. With the amount on injuries we have dealt with and only being 1 1/2 out I would be shocked if we didn't make it at this point (and I was an advocate of tanking earlier).

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Wtf? Marc Jackson calls a timeout one possession after a full timeout after they got a defensive stop.

Da truth

Be88Hu9IIAADp8W.jpg

Pkaz01

They play the Mavs twice, and just about every other playoff seed out west atleast once.

And then a whole bunch of east teams.

Their season is really in their hands now.

mavs, suns, GSW are vulnerable. Heck, Portland and Houston are an injury away from a potential collapse.

What happened to the warriors they had so much separation from the suns now if they lose tonight they are tied? I thought we were going to have trouble maintaining that 8th spot until bledsoe got back but if the warriors lose today and we beat the 76ers tomorrow we are 6th

My thing with the Mavs is that this is kind of their team at this point the Grizz are getting better with Gasol back and the suns will get better with Bledsoe back. What are the mavs going to do other than fall off once the other two improve?

Well least the mavs didn't lose to the pistons. Devon Harris has looked pretty good lately off the bench.

Just gotta prepare myself mentally for Houston on tues, Parsons will probably get like 50 points or something.

giri

What happened to the warriors they had so much separation from the suns now if they lose tonight they are tied? I thought we were going to have trouble maintaining that 8th spot until bledsoe got back but if the warriors lose today and we beat the 76ers tomorrow we are 6th

My thing with the Mavs is that this is kind of their team at this point the Grizz are getting better with Gasol back and the suns will get better with Bledsoe back. What are the mavs going to do other than fall off once the other two improve?

From the little i've seen of the GSW's.

Bad coaching.

Minimising the best out of their back court.

Harrison Barnes regressing.

Their second unit stinks.

Outside of Bogut defense has been optional. Even iggy has been playing some mediocre defense this year.

It's a bizzare team. It feels like they're out talenting other teams, but thats it.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm back for the second half. Close game, I see apparently we aren't getting calls and Curry is scoring, with a helping of Jackson stupidity.

Typical loss on this homestand then.

The Warriors don't really have perimeter shot creators other than Curry and four of their top 8 guys (not counting Crawford since he hasn't played much yet) are not really threats at all on offense (Bogut, Green, Barnes, Speights) so their offense has been really mediocre.

I think they'll figure some things in the second half of the season and be a pretty major threat in the playoffs though.

Kronotech

One thing that always makes me laugh about games is when a call is made (or not made) and a player argues with the ref about it like the ref will say "oh yeah you're right. sorry i missed that!"

AcridMeat

Banned
giri and ItWasMeantToBe you're both spot on.

I'm really disappointed at Barnes' regression this season. He was playing so damn well in the playoffs last season. I don't know if it was his scary head injury to end last season, or just the signing if Igoudala maybe doing something to his psyche, but it's sad to see.

Maybe it's up to Thompson to be more aggressive and develop his passing game rather than his drive and pop or spot up shooting.

reilo

Portland 0/8 to start the quarter.

Oh shit Damian!

Edit: wtf is it with Bogut...

giri and ItWasMeantToBe you're both spot on.

I'm really disappointed at Barnes' regression this season. He was playing so damn well in the playoffs last season. I don't know if it was his scary head injury to end last season, or just the signing if Igoudala maybe doing something to his psyche, but it's sad to see.

Maybe it's up to Thompson to be more aggressive and develop his passing game rather than his drive and pop or spot up shooting.

He wasn't playing all that well in the playoffs, he was just putting up a lot of shots and had a couple of 20 point games, one of which was really bad.
But he was decent in the first round I think.

He started off the year well enough, he was averaging like 13 or 14 points on 48% shooting, he's been shit as of late though.Well, not as of late, he''s been shit every month since November. Couple of things I don't like is whenever there's someone smaller on him, Mark Jackson is convinced that he can score on an iso or post up, when he isn't good at either of those things.

Idk, He's not particularly good at anything, or anywhere on the floor so I'm not sure how much Warriors' fans should expect from him.

AcridMeat

Banned
He averaged 16/6 on 45/37 in the playoffs last season as a rookie. He was good, come on man. Thing is they ran the offense through him a fair amount as well, and it usually led to buckets then.

He can take people off the dribble I just don't think he's being encouraged to as much anymore.

reilo

Aldridge has 4 fouls... All in the quarter. What a nightmare game for him.

He averaged 16/6 on 45/37 in the playoffs last season as a rookie. He was good, come on man. Thing is they ran the offense through him a fair amount as well, and it usually led to buckets then.

He can take people off the dribble I just don't think he's being encouraged to as much anymore.

fuck it, you're right. He was really good in the first round and I'm being overly critical about his performance vs the Spurs and extra critical about his game overall for some reason. I blame IWMTB.

He has been awful in every month since November.

reilo

What an awful final possession. Why didn't Batum take the first time he got it instead of playing hot potato...

SamuraiX-

SWAGLemore has such a silky stroke.

Really surprised his shooting percentage is in the gutter. He doesn't take too many bad shot attempts either.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
GSW exposing LMA and I don't understand how they're doing it, really.

Edit: I guess it helps that they were playing yesterday night.

Top Bottom