• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Pkaz01

If the Suns want him why haven't they extended him?

There are two other guys potentially on the market that are similar players in Lowry and Isaiah and Bledsoe is coming off knee surgery. If they wanted to get him on a good contract, the time is now.
Because he is set to come back this season and they can still evaluate his play once he does. Also if they sign him now it will effect there capspace in this offseason in case of a trade or something for someone like love. But if they trade for someone like love first then they can extend bledsoe even if its over the cap since he is restricted

And I honestly never did think the suns wanted to trade dragic or were shopping him. They always intended on playing them together and the only people ever commenting on the dragic trade were members of the media that have no fucking clue like bill simmons and some others on Espn

giri

It could be his agent leaking random rumors to drive his market value up, and trying to force the Suns to extend him.

They can't extend him now until the off season. So it would entirely be his agent trying to drive up the price.

Which wouldn't be surprising.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
New OT goes up Saturday.

Drop some OT ideas, and as always, if you really want something to be included in OP, then PM me.

Feb |OT| Thrilli Vanilli from Minny

linsivvi

They can't extend him now until the off season. So it would entirely be his agent trying to drive up the price.

Which wouldn't be surprising.

Yeah. The Lakers probably have a list of players they want to go after, but there's no way they can decide who is their primary target until they know their draft position.

New OT goes up Saturday.

Drop some OT ideas, and as always, if you really want something to be included in OP, then PM me.

Feb |OT| Thrilli Vanilli from Minny

Put this in the OP please.

tim-legler-drew-a-sad-face-over-carmelo-anthonys-sad-face.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Dirk Nowitzki is the 6th player in NBA history to score 26K points with one franchise. He joins Malone, Bryant, Jordan, Olajuwon, Havlicek.

who?

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Last night, Kyle Lowry had 33 points, 11 boards, 7 assists. Lowry and Kevin Durant are only players with multiple 30-10-5 games this season.

#contractyear

John Havlicek

He was Bird's Bird

But really he is one of the best players in NBA history

Feb |OT| Deng even misses the doctors that tried to kill him
Feb |OT| 18-27 and in the playoff race
Feb |OT| Anthony Bennett getting close to being too good for Cleveland
Feb |OT| Evan Turner figures out how to depress Philly fans with game winners

giri

I wonder which poor fanbase is going to inherit a dumb GM's signing of evan turner.

Cleveland, Pistons, Wizards lead the race i think.

New OT should say something about Stern or Silver?

Stern's reign ends this weekend, right?

In other news:

The Lakers' ratings on Time Warner Cable SportsNet declined 37.5% over the team's first 40 games versus the same period last season, according to Nielsen ratings in the Los Angeles market.

Lakers games averaged a 2.72 rating over those games, down from a 4.35 last season, TWC's first as the team's broadcast partner.

No shocker given the lack of good players and team performance.

In the six games Bryant has played this season, the Lakers averaged a 3.57 rating on TWC in the Los Angeles market. In the games

Kobe still matters for ratings.

The Clippers' TV ratings also have dipped this season, though not as sharply. The team's average rating of 1.28 on Prime Ticket in L.A. for the first 40 games was down 14.7% from the 1.5 rating at the same point last season.

HAHAHA. The Lakers at their very worst still get more than double the ratings of the Clippers. But I was told it's a clipper town!?

In the games Paul played on Prime before sustaining a separated shoulder last month, the Clippers averaged a 1.39 rating in the same market.

Little difference.

The Clipper ratings are worrisome. If the Clippers are seeing a decline even as a contender, I wonder what's happening in other NBA contending markets. Don't want ratings going down league-wide...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Spoilers on Twitter for ASG reserves:

RT @WojYahooNBA: Indiana center Roy Hibbert will be selected to the Eastern Conference All-Star reserves, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
RT @ChrisBHaynes: BREAKING: #Blazers G Damian Lillard, F LaMarcus Aldridge selected as All-Star reserves, league sources tell @CSNNW
RT @WojYahooNBA: San Antonio's Tony Parker has been selected to the Western Conference All-Star reserves, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Nori Chan

Ace no one uses pipe anymore. Well syphon does. But he's just a bot programmed to say the same things only with new names.

Feb |OT| Where Nothing is A Fair Bet
Feb |OT| Come celebrate white girl Wednesdays
Feb |OT Old man fisherman isn't walking through that door
Feb |OT|| Hahaha good joke man :)
Feb |OT| What is love? Find out at taco bell

New OT should say something about Stern or Silver?

Stern's reign ends this weekend, right?

In other news:

No shocker given the lack of good players and team performance.

Kobe still matters for ratings.

HAHAHA. The Lakers at their very worst still get more than double the ratings of the Clippers. But I was told it's a clipper town!?

Little difference.

The Clipper ratings are worrisome. If the Clippers are seeing a decline even as a contender, I wonder what's happening in other NBA contending markets. Don't want ratings going down league-wide...

It would take multiple years of Clipper dominance with multiple titles combined with a long, long drought of Lakers being contenders for the demographic to even begin to change. The Dodgers are more likely to take the Lakers' place if anybody. With that said, the Clippers' dip is likely due to last year's disappointing first round exit killing a lot of the Clippers buzz. If they make the WCF this year, I expect next year's ratings to go up a bit. Also, the Lakers being so bad probably has given the town a bit of a basketball malaise. Laker fans who might have tuned into Clipper games to root against the Clippers just don't care anymore and casual basketball fans don't have as much fun talking basketball when Laker fans would rather not discuss the season at all.

CP3 Westbrook Harden Lillard Curry Parker Bryant

I don't see how Conley makes it

Westbrook is still hurt, Harden is currently hurt and hasn't played that great this year, Bryant is out, and Curry/Parker/Lillard are all apparently in. It's likely between CP3 and Conley for the final guard spot, but I wouldn't be shocked if CP3 got ruled out due to questions about his injury.

It would take multiple years of Clipper dominance with multiple titles combined with a long, long drought of Lakers being contenders for the demographic to even begin to change. The Dodgers are more likely to take the Lakers' place if anybody. With that said, the Clippers' dip is likely due to last year's disappointing first round exit killing a lot of the Clippers buzz. If they make the WCF this year, I expect next year's ratings to go up a bit. Also, the Lakers being so bad probably has given the town a bit of a basketball malaise. Laker fans who might have tuned into Clipper games to root against the Clippers just don't care anymore and casual basketball fans don't have as much fun talking basketball when Laker fans would rather not discuss the season at all.

eh, I don't think most Laker fans tune into Clipper games to root against but rather to just watch the other teams play or root against those like Miami/Hou/etc (the good ones, anyway) but to your general point I hope you're right.

Westbrook is still hurt, Harden is currently hurt and hasn't played that great this year, Bryant is out, and Curry/Parker/Lillard are all apparently in. It's likely between CP3 and Conley for the final guard spot, but I wouldn't be shocked if CP3 got ruled out due to questions about his injury.

There are at least 5 guards making it, IMO. I forgot about Lilard. Damn, west is stacked even with injuries.

I totally forgot to mention Hibbert in my east all-stars. Yeah, take Drummond off.

YNB isn't getting on. Not enough games and hurt. CP3 probably will get the nod and will be replaced if need be.

The Cleveland Cavaliers' season is slipping away, if it's not gone already.

General manager Chris Grant just knows it needs to stop. Now.

"We're all accountable for it, including myself," he said. "It's frustrating. It's disappointing to our fans. The fans deserve better."

Making a rare midseason appearance before the media to address some of Cleveland's most pressing issues, Grant said he's troubled by the team's will in recent games.

I don't even...

Seems like Dirx made it and Duncan didn't.

Dwight made it too.

Top Bottom