• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

fertygo

You know whats funny?

We're only talking about Harden's overrated offense at this point but when you include Harden Defense aka worst in the league (OK STAT might be worse). You're talking about somebody whose a net neutral at best.

When the likes of Steve Blake and JJ Reddick caliber players school your ass every game you don't belong on the basketball court.

JJ Reddick is pretty good player.

Redick's averaging 16 per game while playing uder 30 minutes. He'd be right in the middle of 6th man of the year discussions if Doc ever decides to bring him off the bench instead.

KingGondo

Banned
72-10 and a Michael Jordan Face laughing.
This.

linsivvi said:
Harden has yet to have an above average coach in his professional career. His game will change for the better when he does.
Brooks has his faults, but he's undeniably above average--especially when it comes to player development. Every raw athletic guy we draft ends up panning out, and he has to get credit for that.

Also, we're on a 9-game winning streak without Westbrook, including road wins over the Rox, Spurs, and Heat (and wins over the Blazers and Warriors at home).

SamuraiX-

oDKuJWR.jpg

10,000 more coming shortly.

League on notice!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You know whats funny?

We're only talking about Harden's overrated offense at this point but when you include Harden Defense aka worst in the league (OK STAT might be worse). You're talking about somebody whose a net neutral at best.

When the likes of Steve Blake and JJ Reddick caliber players school your ass every game you don't belong on the basketball court.

This just couldn't possibly be any fucking more wrong.

Like the Rockets would not be anywhere close to the playoffs without him. He turned them into a playoff squad last year.

Your hate for Harden is hilarious. Hate the way he plays the game but discrediting how good he is just ridiculous.

Are the Kings the worst team in the league when bring talent into the equation

I mean how is that team not even treadmill level yet with all the pieces they have

fertygo

Are the Kings the worst team in the league when bring talent into the equation

I mean how is that team not even treadmill level yet with all the pieces they have

Injury and string of tough match derail them when they started winning in routine. Bulls should get that pick next year.

linsivvi

This.

Brooks has his faults, but he's undeniably above average--especially when it comes to player development. Every raw athletic guy we draft ends up panning out, and he has to get credit for that.

Also, we're on a 9-game winning streak without Westbrook, including road wins over the Rox, Spurs, and Heat (and wins over the Blazers and Warriors at home).

Lebron went to the Finals with a shit team in Cleveland, with COTY Mike Brown. Durant is having one of the best seasons ever. You could have a traffic cone as coach and the Thunder would still be winning.

You are giving Brooks credits where he doesn't deserve, but you're the forever optimist, so I'm not surprised....

ccbfan

Like the Rockets would not be anywhere close to the playoffs without him. He turned them into a playoff squad last year.

Your hate for Harden is hilarious. Hate the way he plays the game but discrediting how good he is just ridiculous.

The Rockets are 6-2 without him this year and 2-2 last year (3 games against teams with a better record than the rockets).

His defense was OK last year before he was pre-maturely appointed "The best 2 guard in the league".

This year his defense is so putrid and his ability to completely stop the flow of the offense is worse than melo like.

linsivvi

The Rockets are 6-2 without him this year and 2-2 last year (3 games against teams with a better record than the rockets).

His defense was OK last year before he was pre-maturely appointed "The best 2 guard in the league".

This year his defense is so putrid and his ability to completely stop the flow of the offense is worse than melo like.

Who is a better shooting guard in the league?

You can make a case for Dragic this season but he wasn't anywhere close last year.

Harden was #7 at WS/48 last season. Just because he regressed doesn't mean he wasn't the best at a position with horrible depth last season.

You know whats funny?

Jimmy Jackson once averaged 26 ppg in the NBA... stats alone won´t make a player great. Harden is a bit overated, he shouldn´t be considered the best SG in the game right now. He´s Mitch Richmond in SAC good at best.

Emwitus

This.

Exactly.

fertygo

Jimmy Jackson once averaged 26 ppg in the NBA... stats alone won´t make a player great. Harden is a bit overated, he shouldn´t be considered the best SG in the game right now. He´s Mitch Richmond in SAC good at best.

He maybe overrated, but I can't think any SG that better than him right now.. at least not when Wade struggling to even playing.

There's guy like Affalo, Stephenson or Derozan but all of those guy is at least a notch below him.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
He maybe overrated, but I can't think any SG that better than him right now.. at least not when Wade struggling to even playing.

There's guy like Affalo, Stephenson or Derozan but all of those guy is at least a notch below him.

Well is Stephen Curry a SG?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Harden last year and this year are different players.

Funny thing about Lowry is that even though the way he's playing right now is probably unsustainable he's still only averaging 18.6 and 8.3 APG this month

#TeamDemar

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...y-calls-royce-white-worst-1st-round-pick-ever

"I take some sort of pride in that you could argue that Royce White is the worst first-round pick ever," Morey said in a Q&A discussion with Houston season ticketholders, according to the ClutchFans.net blog.

White, who is 6-foot-8, has struggled with an acknowledged anxiety disorder that would make it a challenge for him to play a full NBA season.

"He's the only one that never played a minute in the NBA that wasn't just a foreign guy staying in Europe," Morey said. "It just shows we swing for the fence."

lol

buurrrrrrrrrrrrrrn

Zeus Molecules

Peace is for wimps. Look at this shit:

j6MCX0o.png

Oh but hey, let's vote Carmelo Losethony in and talk about how great James Harden is.

random swipe when carmelo is forward and lowry is a guard. Also Melo has great stats before being voted in and didn't just go crazy in a contract year..... then dropped 62 just to prove he should hang.... but hey stay salty bruh

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
random swipe when carmelo is forward and lowry is a guard. Also Melo has great stats before being voted in and didn't just go crazy in a contract year..... then dropped 62 just to prove he should hang.... but hey stay salty bruh
Are the Knicks even a playoff team yet?

ESPN has the Jazz taking either Dario Saric (OK...) or Aaron Gordon (ffffff) right now D:

We're the 7th to 8th worst team and better than the Lakers so they've helped win all of the arguments that I had against Sancha, but it's really cool if they start losing now.

Dario Saric is a good player and there are other good players that could go in that range as well (Ennis, Anderson, LaVine, maybe Vonleh), but we don't need more guys that are just good...

ESPN has the Jazz taking either Dario Saric (OK...) or Aaron Gordon (ffffff) right now D:

We're the 7th to 8th worst team and better than the Lakers so they've helped win all of the arguments that I had against Sancha, but it's really cool if they start losing now.

I kind of want to see the Jazz get Marcus Smart.

Part of me thinks I'm being harsh on him when that whole Knicks situation is Dolan and Bargnani's fault. But then I remember Carmlose-o's a scorer who's ranked 83rd in the league in ORtg and I'm like whatever. Keep jackin', broheem.

Zeus Molecules

Are the Knicks even a playoff team yet?

.5 games from 8th a anyhow

Don't try to change the subject.

is the all star assignment based on win shares? Shit kobe got in? lakers suck ass and he is injured, but the swipe is at a forward for a guard spot? If he had beef with his contract seeking star not getting the all star nod (and charging the raptors more to keep him) he should talk shit about irving.

You know, I'm more impressed that Durant have very big 3.0 point gap above Lebron at WS.. What the fuck..

LeBron can't really get DWS this year because the Heat are mediocre to bad on defense (though a lot of that is probably on him) and because he's not getting steals or blocks this year.

Durant's season is the best ever going by Win Shares (adjusted for playing time) as well.

Dario Saric is a good player and there are other good players that could go in that range as well (Ennis, Anderson, LaVine, maybe Vonleh), but we don't need more guys that are just good...

LaVine is a nobrainer in that spot. He's actually top 5 on my personal board...so maybe I'm a little biased..

Fun Fact #1: Of the players with 100 drives attempted (or more) so far this season: LBJ (63.2) and Kevin Durant (58.3) rank first and third in FG% on such shot attempts. The 2nd guy?
Manu Ginobli
at 60.6%.

You won nothing. Go back to my arguments, I said that Utah could end up with a better record because the Lakers intentionally won't play their best players.

Well guess what, they're intentionally not playing Kobe, Farmar, Blake, Henry, and on occasion Pau. :p Kendall Marshall is starting ffs!

Here are my all-star reserves:

West: LMA, Dirk, Davis, CP3, Harden, Conley, Duncan. If CP3 can't go, then Dragic.

I have a feeling Dwight might screw AD or Dirk out of a spot. And Dragic or Conley is a coin flip to me, so either is fine.

East: Bosh, Lowry, Wall, Afflalo, Milsap, Noah, uhhhhhh uhhhh...Drummond?

Sure, why not.

thekad

Banned
Mamba, you forgot that someone is replacing Kobe's broken down $50 million ass.

Quote:
Despite the excitement for the Cavs heading into the 2013-14 season, the team sits at a disappointing 16-29 in the Eastern Conference. According to a new report, All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving is telling those close to him he wants out. Irving can’t become an unrestricted free agent until July 2016.

According to Chad Ford of ESPN:Kyrie Irving has been telling people privately he wants out. Cleveland can’t afford to lose him and LeBron. They know the urgency. I expect them to be major players at the deadline.

This could be the one "star" who takes the qualifying offer.

Top Bottom