• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

anhso-14002_edward-norton-clos.gif

tehfryguy

Marshall already got picked up in my fantasy league. This is what happens when you're living in L.A. and everything basketball related is in a Lakers vacuum.

Hayward with another tank defensive play. Honestly, he makes a few dumb plays every game I watch him every year.

Oh well. Lakers had to eventually win and going 1-3 against the ass of the nba is about the best you can hope.

Maybe lakers will give their friend Brian Shaw some love.

lol Hayward with the horrible play to prevent tacos. Eat it.

With the Clippers essentially forfeiting their division title and OKC deteriorating precipitously in the absence of Westbrook, is it time to start considering the Warriors' championship prospects? They'll finish at worst with the fourth seed, and I'm don't really think there's a bad match-up for them out west.

With the Clippers essentially forfeiting their division title and OKC deteriorating precipitously in the absence of Westbrook, is it time to start considering the Warriors' championship prospects? They'll finish at worst with the fourth seed, and I'm don't really think there's a bad match-up for them out west.
spurs will beat them. also russell will be back in time.

Uhh, the worst case scenario for the Warriors is much worse than 4th in the West considering the past of Curry and Bogut.

But I could see them making the Finals if they're healthy in the postseason. They're really good. San Antonio seems to be in the situation where if Manu falls off again, they're without shotcreators. OKC has Westbrook's health in question. Houston has issues, Portland's defense may not be good enough, still hate the Clippers' roster...I might lean towards Golden State if they're healthy and Westbrook isn't by the end of the year.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
CP3 out 3-5 weeks? Damn... Wish they had Bledsoe right now, huh?

Any news on Ryno?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I was curious to see that Portland now is averaging 109PPG and was wondering when the last time a team averaged that many.

Turns out, the 2009-10 Suns at 110PPG. Which, took me down into a rabbit hole of statistical analysis:

Basic
VAWxBb1.png

j6H9SOK.png

Advanced
mxqGapk.png

D9ndemC.png

Portland
6VWTtn1.png

Phoenix
eaXoWEf.png

Lots of similarities with an emphasis on taking a lot of threes, although Portland takes a significant amount more.

Pkaz01

I was curious to see that Portland now is averaging 109PPG and was wondering when the last time a team averaged that many.

Turns out, the 2009-10 Suns at 110PPG. Which, took me down into a rabbit hole of statistical analysis:

Basic
VAWxBb1.png

j6H9SOK.png

Advanced
mxqGapk.png

D9ndemC.png

Portland
6VWTtn1.png

Phoenix
eaXoWEf.png

Lots of similarities with an emphasis on taking a lot of threes, although Portland takes a significant amount more.

I fucking loved that suns team! ironically robin lopez was on that one too

giri

Don't worry laker stans. Marshall is legitimately terrible. He won't be your steve blake.

Also, with the CP3 injury, the suns could make a move to take the division lead... bring on a top 4 seed!

That said, Marshalls best skill is his passing / reading the floor. In a super up tempo dantoni offence............... you never know.

But he's a bum.

linsivvi

I wish Pringles would coach the Rockets. Harden would never hear a thing about defense again.

We would take McHale. He's the perfect coach for tanking.

With the looming possibility of Carmelo Anthony departing New York as a free agent this summer, New York Knicks officials have discussed proposing a trade to the Los Angeles Clippers for Blake Griffin, according to league sources.

Could Carmelo Anthony and Blake Griffin be switching uniforms? The teams each have talked internally about a potential deal, sources said.
Sources say Clippers management has also had internal discussions about such a deal but that the clubs have not yet spoken to one another about a potential trade

Via Multiple Sources

benjipwns

Banned

Not quite as much on that Suns team (though still a bit), but look at the minutes distribution for the season on the 2005 team.

And look at the current Blazers.

benjipwns

Banned
Steven Rivera · Top Commenter
Cp3 only been out the first round twice in his career and Blake has never sniffed a conference finals before. So please tell me what has those guys won recently that Melo hasn't won??? cause I love the way you guys bash one players playoff record without looking at the other 2 guys

De'Adrian Jarrett · Top Commenter · Duke University
302 melo haters SMH......melo lead the league in scoring last year, he been top five in scoring since he enter the league. He lead Syracuse to a national championship by himself! Never had an teammate that can consistently produce points. Every team thats having success have multiple players that can produce night in and night out. According to coach k melo was the BEST player on the national team and his favorite player to coach, saying he was the reason why they won every game. (Look at the stats). Melo is the truth he can post up hit the mid range jumper and pull up from deep. And he rebounds look at the stats. He can't be guarded by a 2 3 or 4. Nobody has a better offensive game than melo. #NUMBERSNEVERLIE

Kelly Kittles · Top Commenter
LOL Griffin here in the apple? let's also bring in Drake to introduce our players before games. Praying this won't go down. Melo needs to re-sign. Leaps and bounds better than Griffin. It's really not even close. You Melo haters are as credible as the "Nigerian prince" who keeps emailing me for my bank account information. You know nothing about hoops, son!!
I thought that last one said Kerry Kittles at first.

Top Bottom