• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

Wasn't Durant the favorite around this time last year?

Obviously the YNot injury helps more this go around though.

I think so. Dude has been absolutely insane since December. LeBron usually starts peaking around this time too. It's gonna be fun, I think this might be KD's year. If he keeps OKC in the top 3. I'd give it to him unless LBJ does something other worldly.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Cool

His draft model's make the Wolves' already terrible drafting history look even worse. If these guys studied his analysis (analysis...by a fan) before making picks the team would be better off than they are now

I don't know, man, Bazz has 14 points so far in his D League debut.

KingGondo

Banned
Looks like the NBA may be (sorta) close to ending the Silna TV deal:
The NBA has long tried to get out of the infamous arrangement, which paid out a reported $19 million last season alone. In recent years, it has threatened to become even more onerous—the Silnas filed suit for a share of revenue streams that didn't exist in 1976, like international TV deals and online streaming. Now, says the New York Times, they're close to a buyout.

It's not cheap. The NBA will give the Silnas a reported $500 million dollars up front to drop their lawsuit. The Silnas will retain an unknown but smaller share of TV revenues, but the NBA will have a future option to buy them out.

http://deadspin.com/nba-to-pay-500-million-to-get-out-of-the-worst-deal-ev-1496519535

This has to be one of the greatest business swindles of all time from the Silnas' perspective. Amazing.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I don't think Kyrie's injuries are a concern; it's not like he's had to have major surgery or even hurt the same thing twice. With the way Kyrie plays, it's kind of expected that he will pick up some bumps and bruises throughout the season. I mean look at his most recent knee injury, it was a freak accident that occurred during a drive to the hoop. He has a knee contusion, not a torn meniscus or ACL.

Kyrie doesn't play great defense right now but guess what? He's only 21 and has time to improve! He's a very talented player, trying to act like signing him to a max offer would be a bad idea is very foolish.

But you were probably kidding because you already knew this :)

Kyrie isn't just bad or mediocre on defense he is atrocious.

Signing the 7th best guy at a position to the max (before even considering mcw/smart/exum) isn't the best idea.

Pkaz01

This season has been amazing so far. Between all of the tanking and surprise teams and injuries no one knows what to predict anymore.

There's this thing called Chiraq going on at the moment.... its getting people killed bruh...

Come on now, buddy. That's Media bullshit. Way too many young black males get killed in Chicago each year, but the murder rate in Chicago is still 50% of Oakland's and Golden State doesn't seem to have any trouble drawing in free agents.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Also I feel bad for this kid, he was doomed to the bench as soon as he was drafted and is now the butt of most Wolves-related jokes

The anti-adelman player

I don't feel bad about not playing him. There's nothing that suggests that he's a good basketball player. He sucked at UCLA, where he used up a lot of possessions but didn't do anything but score with no real efficiency.

I think if he could play, Adelman would be giving him some run.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
If any team can help an ailing center it's Portland

Reilo would dive off a cliff if that were to go down.

And then I'd have no one to talk to about cars.

No one who will laugh at others with me.

No one who will make NBA threads with bitter truths about NY sports organizations

No one who will laugh at me when the Knicks pick up scrubs for millions of dollars

No one who will come to me for advice on a car build

No one who I can share this mysterious thing called 'life' with

No one who will tell me it'll be alright when my dog Scooter dies and that puppy heaven exists.

...No one :'(

I don't have a dog named Scooter

No one who will make NBA threads with bitter truths about NY sports organizations

No one who will laugh at me when the Knicks pick up scrubs for millions of dollars

No one who will tell me it'll be alright when my dog Scooter dies and that puppy heaven exists.

The Shamaladingdong twist: your dog's name is Ninja

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Bynum is better off playing in North Korea, quite frankly. Hopefully his cancer spreads and kills Kim Jung Un.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If I were the Rockets I wouldn't do it.

Well, it'd only be for half a season then he would be free to get paid again.

Stop trying to pull a gucci and reverse logic the rape

Come on now, buddy. That's Media bullshit. Way too many young black males get killed in Chicago each year, but the murder rate in Chicago is still 50% of Oakland's and Golden State doesn't seem to have any trouble drawing in free agents.

look at the warriors roster then look at the bulls..... look at sunny Cali then look at Chi in the the cold weather hell vortex..... its still not a contest

I don't feel bad about not playing him. There's nothing that suggests that he's a good basketball player. He sucked at UCLA, where he used up a lot of possessions but didn't do anything but score with no real efficiency.

I think if he could play, Adelman would be giving him some run.
Oh, no doubt, I don't think he's good. I only feel bad for him because our FO drafted him way way early. Sort of like Bennet.

But then he's probably getting paid more so eh.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

No Coheed line? Breh!

Buzzy item out of Reno: Bucks, I'm told, will do everything they can to find new home for guard Gary Neal via trade before Feb. 20 deadline

So I guess Larry Sanders won the debate?

Or they still don't want to move Sanders and they're worried that Larry will straight up murder Neal?

Top Bottom