• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

demolitio

Better hope LeBron teaches him on the defensive side this year. Kyrie has looked better on D earlier in the qualifiers for team usa.

I really think he just didn't care about playing defense the past few years since the Cavs sucked and he wasn't motivated. On team USA, he actually has a reason to be excited and play defense while being under a familiar coach he probably wouldn't want to disappoint as well.

I think he'll be a lot better defensively this year now that there's some excitement again and he'll be more motivated to play defense since he knows his team can win games now. Mind you, I don't think he'll be a great defender or even good by any means, but a lot better than what he was last year.

As long as he's willing to learn and stays positive, he can't do any worse.

overcast

865154291.gif
Am I gonna have to watch this shit again this year? Harden with no improvement on D?

Gonna get a head start on drinking.

Afrikan

LOL at the NBA player's facial expressions at the New Zealand team doing Haka before the game. Some of them looked like they thought there was about to be a fight...haha. Spooked as shit.

They pointed out on the radio today that Zach Grienke, who is not even the best pitcher on his team, will make more in 2014 than any NBA player.

NBA players must be like
tumblr_ma298wx0pe1ras7i8o1_400.gif

"We have the worst fucking union"

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
They pointed out on the radio today that Zach Grienke, who is not even the best pitcher on his team, will make more in 2014 than any NBA player.

NBA players must be like

"We have the worst fucking union"

Greinke is still one of the best pitchers in baseball, for one. And two, the salary situation in MLB is why baseball sucks.

Greinke is still one of the best pitchers in baseball, for one. And two, the salary situation in MLB is why baseball sucks.

Grienke is a great pitcher, but there are any number of NBA players who have a far greater and more valuable impact on their teams than he does on the Dodgers. The owners bent the players over in the last CBA negotiations.

Grienke is a great pitcher, but there are any number of NBA players who have a far greater and more valuable impact on their teams than he does on the Dodgers. The owners bent the players over in the last CBA negotiations.

We all know what this is really about. You want the Lakers to be able to buy their way into more championships.

In FIBA world cup action, Spain lost in the quarters to France today. Serbia also beat Brazil.

USA will face Lithuania in the semis tomorrow (9/11), and the winner faces the winner of France and Serbia (9/12). The final is, of course, scheduled for 9/14.

Piecake

I agree with lakers #1. Color combination and lighting of the crowd looks right on tv. Surprised to see cavs are at 30. No way their court looks worse than the wolves, bucks or nets.

I'd put the nets court at number 2 behind the Hornets. Lakers and Boston's courts are rather dull. I feel like they are getting a huge boost because of 'tradition'

I agree with lakers #1. Color combination and lighting of the crowd looks right on tv. Surprised to see cavs are at 30. No way their court looks worse than the wolves, bucks or nets.
Nets at #4's a total mystery to me, I get that it looks clean but it's so boring to look at. It also doesn't come off that great on TV as Lowe suggests.

Jag

I read this and got me wondering.. What stupid shit can PG do while in crutches?? Checked espn and yep. It was dumber than what I thought it would be.

So the first few tweets are barely intelligible.

I don't condone hittin women or think it's coo BUT if SHE ain't trippin then I ain't trippin.. Lets keep it movin lol let that man play!
I'm not actually sure what the first part means.

Looks like his damage control team wrote his last one:

Let me apologize to the women and to the VICTIMS of domestic violence people my intent was not to downplay the situation..

Bowser

So the first few tweets are barely intelligible.

I'm not actually sure what the first part means.

Looks like his damage control team wrote his last one:

He's saying he doesn't condone hitting a woman, but because Janay Rice is on Ray's side, he's also on Ray's side.

Lkr

Good move that they got rid of those 3d optical illusions under the post. I absolutely hated those things.

not gonna lie, i loved it because of how silly it looked when playing 2k

is there no fiba thread? not surprised the US is cruising to the title, but it is a shame there won't be a matchup against Spain. i love the enthusiasm of the crowds for the European countries. i'm glad they never play these things in the US, it would be boring as hell in comparison

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
the 'Haren lololol' cirlcejerk is already unbearable and the season hasnt even started

Hey Harden was the one that said "I am the best player in the league". Anyone who says that about themselves deserves all the scrutiny and "lol" comments he gets.

petran79

Banned
Serbian fans celebrating Serbia's silver in World Championship

BxmZrcKCAAAWEmB.jpg

Lithuania team receives welcoming celebration for fourth place

U45P5029DT20140916141444.jpg

USA team receives gold metal and hardly anyone knows about it....

Christian

Hello, NBAGAF. The waifu and I will be in Chicago over Columbus Day weekend, and I wanna hit up that preseason game against the Nuggets on Monday. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get decent tickets at a reasonable rate? Much love.

jbug617

Banned
Wolves are going to sign Bledsoe to a max deal offer sheet. Trying to get a sign and trade done.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-bledsoe-max-contract-sign-trade-phoenix-suns
With just days before the start of training camp, the Minnesota Timberwolves are making a final push to acquire restricted free-agent guard Eric Bledsoe in a sign-and-trade with the Phoenix Suns, sources told ESPN.com.

The Wolves are offering Bledsoe the four-year, $63 million maximum-level contract that he has been seeking, sources said. Bledsoe and the Suns have been in a stalemate all summer after the team offered him a four-year, $48 million deal in July.

Fjordson

Meh. As a UK fan, I love love Bledsoe. But I'm not sure he's worth a max deal.

That being said, I would probably take him over Rubio if he can stay healthy and maybe he will be worth the deal in a few years. I wonder if they'll go with two point guards like Phoenix did with Bledsoe and Dragic or try to shop Rubio.

edit: oops, didn't read the sign and trade part. Wonder who Phoenix will get.

Kronotech

YIkes... as a Suns fan, I can't imagine who we would agree to take in a S&T for Eric. Rubio wants max next year and we're not getting Wiggins.

Top Bottom