• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Knox

Ugh, the worst part about the Rockets is that since the team is still "new" they probably have to go through at least another season of losing in the early rounds to actually drop McHale. Watching the ends of these games is so painful.

Cloudy

Banned
All jokes aside. Howard has to come out hungrier next time and Harden just needs to play smarter. He used to be a decent passer.

We can never stop Aldridge though.

Houston will not win Dwight being hungry for offense. Featuring him is a recipe for a series loss (He has no post moves and is a liability at the line).

Blazers guards are just as defenseless as Houston's. That's the advantage. Dwight needs to play some defense and clean up on the glass

Ugh, the worst part about the Rockets is that since the team is still "new" they probably have to go through at least another season of losing in the early rounds to actually drop McHale. Watching the ends of these games is so painful.
lol dam every rocket fan hates mchale.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If Bev's injury is serious, the Rockets are done in this series. Canaan just isn't effective enough to play big minutes.

I don't think it is. He continued to play, he simply fouled out.

overcast

Houston will not win Dwight being hungry for offense. Featuring him is a recipe for a series loss (He has no post moves and is a liability at the line).

Blazers guards are just as defenseless as Houston's. That's the advantage. Dwight needs to play some defense and clean up on the glass
He's done well against the Blazers continously this season. Without Dwight playing well (on the boards or offensively) we will be out of the playoffs in 6.

Harden too, can't jack up threes. Gotta get to the rim, pass, and play efficiently. Beverly did his thing, as did Jones and Parsons (aside from vanishing in the 2nd half).

It'll be a series full of close games either way. We don't win the next game the series is already over.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
welp I have a really bad feeling about this...

Nice series win Blazers

"@patbev21 has a sprained right knee, the same knee he injured earlier this season. He is scheduled for an MRI on Monday."

"Howard sounded as if Beverley injury pretty serious. "It hurts all of us. We just have to step up here as a team and win it for him.""

""To see him (Pat) go down hurts. He sacrificed his body for us, now we have to sacrifice our body for him."- Howard on Beverley hurting knee"

You guys knocking our wing defense must not watch much basketball. Mathews is a great defensive player, and Batum always contest with his length. But you can't stop great offensive players like Harden, you just hope to contain them.

Unbelievable how many mistakes rockets did in the crunch time of the game. Just bad decision after bad decision. Also McHales off timeout plays has got to be the worst of any HC's currently in the playoffs.

welp I have a really bad feeling about this...

Nice series win Blazers

"@patbev21 has a sprained right knee, the same knee he injured earlier this season. He is scheduled for an MRI on Monday."

"Howard sounded as if Beverley injury pretty serious. "It hurts all of us. We just have to step up here as a team and win it for him.""

""To see him (Pat) go down hurts. He sacrificed his body for us, now we have to sacrifice our body for him."- Howard on Beverley hurting knee"
If he's gonna miss a game or games or the series which I hope not to happen, Then this is gonna be a quick exit for rockets.

lol dam every rocket fan hates mchale.

I think Mchale is alright quarters 1-3. His problem is really crunch time he either goes full retard, or he just freezes the fuck up and has no idea what he should be doing. It's like he just standing there, but with no purpose.

I can't believe the Wizards have a legitimate shot at making the ECF. I don't know what the fuck the Pacers are doing.

otapnam

lol home court advantage

this first round has been crazy so far

Unbelievable how many mistakes rockets did in the crunch time of the game. Just bad decision after bad decision. Also McHales off timeout plays has got to be the worst of any HC's currently in the playoffs.

If he's gonna miss a game or games or the series which I hope not to happen, Then this is gonna be a quick exit for rockets.

Lin's actually played defense well against lillard earlier in the season. I think bevs defense is overrated since the rest of the package isn't as great. He's smaller, fouls alot, and isn't a play maker.

Id love to see D mo on Aldridge, Jones is undersized and outskilled in the match up

Truphenom

Woodson finally gone! Time to clean house and get the rest of those fucks out starting with Melo. Him leaving and Felton going to prison would be a great jump start to the rebuilding, then I'd only have to watch Chandler, Amare, and Pasta play 1 last season together. Then there's JR Smith...

Woodson finally gone! Time to clean house and get the rest of those fucks out starting with Melo. Him leaving and Felton going to prison would be a great jump start to the rebuilding, then I'd only have to watch Chandler, Amare, and Pasta play 1 last season together. Then there's JR Smith...
Forget Woodson, the reign of Herb Williams is finally over!

Two belated comments about last night's game:

1) Beverly's knee injury. On one hand, I hope it isn't serious. On the other hand, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. That YNB Karma.

2) I will no longer fall into the trap of thinking Dwight Howard is good or that he could lead a team to a championship. When the Lakers picked him and Nash up, I thought they had the west on lockdown. We saw how that turned out. When the Rockets picked him up this offseason to pair up with Harden, I again thought the Rockets would be the team to beat. Bottom line: I'm done overrating Howard. He's average, and doesn't have the ability to take over a game.

Kobe>Wade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Harden

That fraud is going to make the all nba first team. The Spurs will be jumping for joy if Portland advances

Kobe has been done for two seasons now. The worst thing the organization did was pay him. Keep collecting those paychecks, Kobe!

Why they talking about Phil stepping in.. why would he tarnish his legacy taking over this team.

"After carefully reviewing coaching candidates, I've determined that the best fit for the team going forward is...me."

The Erie BayHawks released Chris Smith a month ago...he might be the missing piece!

zychi

Banned
Why they talking about Phil stepping in.. why would he tarnish his legacy taking over this team.

theres a better chance of thibs going to nyk and phil playing for thibs then phil coming down to coach

2) I will no longer fall into the trap of thinking Dwight Howard is good or that he could lead a team to a championship. When the Lakers picked him and Nash up, I thought they had the west on lockdown. We saw how that turned out. When the Rockets picked him up this offseason to pair up with Harden, I again thought the Rockets would be the team to beat. Bottom line: I'm done overrating Howard. He's average, and doesn't have the ability to take over a game.
the only reason orlando w howard made the finals, the czz were injury plagued and the cle lebrons didnt have anyone to stop the trio of jameer, turk, and dwight. lebron could only guard one person. add that the east was garbage that year too

so bulls have a 4pm presser today, last time it happened, derrick won mvp. speculation is that its either noah winning dpoty, or taj winning 6th man

s20kKNH.gif

2) I will no longer fall into the trap of thinking Dwight Howard is good or that he could lead a team to a championship. When the Lakers picked him and Nash up, I thought they had the west on lockdown. We saw how that turned out. When the Rockets picked him up this offseason to pair up with Harden, I again thought the Rockets would be the team to beat. Bottom line: I'm done overrating Howard. He's average, and doesn't have the ability to take over a game
This guy speaks true wisdom. Been saying this for a good while now.
Howard is such a damn diva

otapnam

I dont like the way they completely clear when he posts up, theres almost no one there to grab the boards for his misses. Maybe if they have guys cut more but i see that happening less than half time.

Kobe has been done for two seasons now. The worst thing the organization did was pay him. Keep collecting those paychecks, Kobe!

Two years? You clearly haven't watched a single Laker game during that time. Kobe had one of his best seasons ever during 12-13 season before he went down with the Achilles injury, carrying the Lakers to the playoffs down the stretch. Arguably it was better than the year he won MVP. That's the reason the Lakers extended him. How he adjusts after his recent injury remains to be seen.

AcridMeat

Banned
In JFK, I gotta say Brooklyn, Barclays center is niiiice. Didn't get a chance to see Madison Square Garden while here but I didn't want to catch anything that might be brought to the Warriors.

Two years? You clearly haven't watched a single Laker game during that time. Kobe had one of his best seasons ever during 12-13 season before he went down with the Achilles injury, carrying the Lakers to the playoffs down the stretch. Arguably it was better than the year he won MVP. That's the reason the Lakers extended him. How he adjusts after his recent injury remains to be seen.

Kobe stan much? He played literally zero defense, chucked up over 20 shots a game, and was involved with more chemistry drama than usual.

Yes, I'm so impressed that he led a team with Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, and Pau Gasol into the playoffs. Fearless.

Dude is a black hole on the court and for the future of the organization. The whole league celebrated when the Lakers paid his injured ass to ride pine.

Kobe is done.

Kobe stan much?

No, just someone who would actually comment on another player from actually watching them play. You said this:

Kobe has been done for two seasons now.

This is beyond false and anyone who watched the Kobe and not even on a consistent bases would tell you he had one of his best seasons ever that year before he went down to injury and saw him carry and facilitate the Lakers offense because a) Nash was done and D'antoni couldn't rely on him and b) Howard was coming off a serious back injury and played sooner than anyone hoped.(didn't stop him from complaining about shot attempts however)

If you haven't watched the Lakers, that's fine. But don't comment when you clearly don't know what your talking about. Your recent post just was just a ramble of a casual nba fan that catches a game or two on NBA TNT and pretends to be a expert.

Top Bottom