• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

WoodWERD

Wow just saw the story about the Crawford-Durant free throw incident...fuck that guy. I had OKC in 7 but would love to see MEM pull it off.

Black Hat

Wow just saw the story about the Crawford-Durant free throw incident...fuck that guy. I had OKC in 7 but would love to see MEM pull it off.

Joey pls.

joeycrawford.gif

As a Thunder fan that moment was disheartening... especially with the missed free throw later.

Refs started and ended the series without calling one single moving pick on the Bulls, despite some of the most egregious examples I've ever seen. Unbelievable

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that or rather acknowledged it. Was frustrating watching taj and the other getting away with it.

Into

To think Hawks or Wizards will be in the Eastern Conference final, lol, but i suppose it is indicative how weak the conference is. Suns would have merked both those of teams and they never even got in, #Dragon

Really hope the Pacers just crash out, just so we dont have to read about them and their problems anymore, go have your UFC cage match between Turner and Stephenson and Hibbert can go sulk in a corner. Flash in the pan, fucking T shirt of the week

At least OKC is losing to a good team, that has always be tough to beat

Yep. The Heat might not be better than a few teams in the West, but by the times the Finals come around they'll more than likely be much better rested.

at this rate there's a good chance they play two athletic, decent teams in Toronto and Washington so it's not going to be a cakewalk. Washington has beaten them comfortably from time to time the last couple of years and embarassed them this season. Toronto is just good. Toronto is better than a few teams in the Western Conference Playoffs currently.

Emwitus

at this rate there's a good chance they play two athletic, decent teams in Toronto and Washington so it's not going to be a cakewalk. Washington has beaten them comfortably from time to time the last couple of years and embarassed them this season. Toronto is just good. Toronto is better than a few teams in the Western Conference Playoffs currently.

Uhm. Toronto is better than which western conference team?

TylerD

Joey pls.

joeycrawford.gif

As a Thunder fan that moment was disheartening... especially with the missed free throw later.

Joey Crawford taking the moment to steal the show so he could make sure that the scoreboard showed that both teams were in the bonus...

Asshat!

That did not make us lose the game.

Crawford screwed everything about that last three minutes up. He made the wrong call on BOTH reviewed possession replays, he interrupted KD on the free throw line, and he didn't add the correct amount of possession time to OKC after reviewing the video (should have been 3.1 seconds, not 2.9).

Ibaka's put back counts if Crawford doesn't screw up the clock there. I'm not arguing conspiracy, just that Crawford is a horrible ref who inserts himself into every game.

overcast

Crawford seeks out attention/power so desperately it's disgusting. Where is that gif where he running down the court throwing his arms?

andthebeatgoeson

Now that Silver threw out that bum, maybe he'll take on Crawford. The refs shouldn't be in the story. He's screaming at the guy at the scorer's table. It wouldn't have taken anything to blow the whistle after the FT. Either way, it interrupts the flow, but damn...

zychi

Banned
Crawford screwed everything about that last three minutes up. He made the wrong call on BOTH reviewed possession replays, he interrupted KD on the free throw line, and he didn't add the correct amount of possession time to OKC after reviewing the video (should have been 3.1 seconds, not 2.9).

Ibaka's put back counts if Crawford doesn't screw up the clock there. I'm not arguing conspiracy, just that Crawford is a horrible ref who inserts himself into every game.
Crawford didnt miss the free throw, and ibaka shouldnt have had to rebound that shot if it goes in the first time.

Now that Silver threw out that bum, maybe he'll take on Crawford. The refs shouldn't be in the story. He's screaming at the guy at the scorer's table. It wouldn't have taken anything to blow the whistle after the FT. Either way, it interrupts the flow, but damn...

Everyone says this is assuming he would have made it without this interruption even though he was 2/4 before this. If he didn't make the free throw, with 20 something seconds left, no way would it then be acceptable to call a dead ball. If they got the rebound (likely), Memphis would try to rush it down the court, OKC would maybe try to foul them not knowing they were in the penalty due to the incorrect scoreboard. If OKC got the board from the miss they would rather have an opportunity for a tip in or quick score before the defense is set.

The only other option to stopping the play while the ball is already technically dead as he did is just letting the mistake run the game out.

TylerD

Everyone says this is assuming he would have made it without this interruption even though he was 2/4 before this. If he didn't make the free throw, with 20 something seconds left, no way would it then be acceptable to call a dead ball. If they got the rebound (likely), Memphis would try to rush it down the court, OKC would maybe try to foul them not knowing they were in the penalty due to the incorrect scoreboard. If OKC got the board from the miss they would rather have an opportunity for a tip in or quick score before the defense is set.

The only other option to stopping the play while the ball is already technically dead as he did is just letting the mistake run the game out.

He did the right thing but just made the situation very awkward.

lil smoke

Banned
I think that is ridiculous timing but it's no different than a batter calling time or a ref stopping right before a field goal.

But the NBA officiating in general to me is a complete joke anyways.

Okay, D will just doesn't want to be here.

Top Bottom