• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Samyy

BlxghyRCMAAPkvJ.png:large

Hertlllllllll

Acid08

Banned
BlxghyRCMAAPkvJ.png:large

Hertlllllllll
^_^

Hertl and Nieto have been so great this year. Along with Sheppard and Wingels really coming into their own our young talent is looking great. They'll be ready to step up when Jumbo and Marleau become less effective.

Heretic

Beleskey is still out.

Maroon skating on top line with Beast/Good guy. I like him on that line. All those neat behind the net backhand passes will fall right to Perry in front of the net.

Etem and DSP switching off on the MP22/Finnish Flash. I'm going to assume Etem will play as his speed and forecheck will cause many problems for that Dallas D.

I'm pumped. We're doing this Heretic. BELIEVE!
I BELIE---

Have fun at the game!

Not a must win for Dallas though, best of 7 series after all. I can see Lehtonen stealing the series. Scared of him waking up and shutting out Anaheim today and forever
WAY TO BRING ME DOWN!!!!

I'm surprised Tampa has that many

I kind of have a feeling that STL's is going to go through the god damned roof over the next couple of games. I just hope we aren't chasing hits rather than keeping our feet on the series' throat.

Holy cow LA has a lot of hits

A good example of how chasing hits is fucking useless when you are playing playoff hockey against good teams. Hitchcock openly admitted that it was a fast way to lose against a team like Chicago. San Jose isn't any different.

More hits is sometimes an indication of how much time you don't have the puck

This is true and also sometimes going out of your way to hit gets you out of defensive position.

Not that LA has a history of giving up goals until lately. Did they throw their Jennings Trophy away?

Acid08

Banned
LA has looked rattled for 5/6 periods in the series so far. I think that continues if the Sharks get an early goal or two next game.
Early goals help but I think we proved yesterday that they aren't completely necessary. LA is just having huge problems with the speed at which we play the game. That's how you beat teams like LA and Boston.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's because they barely have the puck.

Habs aren't getting tossed around, so I don't feel too bad about these stats.
Yea, they've had it pretty easy. It's refreshing after getting beat up by Boston and Ottawa in the last 3 years. Should make it to the second round relatively healthy.

Samyy

Early goals help but I think we proved yesterday that they aren't completely necessary. LA is just having huge problems with the speed at which we play the game. That's how you beat teams like LA and Boston.

Yep :(
Just need a half competent defence too :(

I just mean I think that any "regrouping" by LA will be meaningless if the Sharks get an early lead. Their psyche seems delicate.

people commit suicide after being beatup in high school. school is bad!
people commit suicide after losing their house. houses are bad!

great analogy!

Hey

I'm the one from Hawks GAF who's supposed to post stupid shit

Not you

Holy shit did I really just read that.

Alright, whose fucking alt is that? This guy isn't real. I refuse to believe it.

he's a cubs fan. Par for course.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wonder how many goals St. Louis would have scored against Montreal by now if Tampa didn't trade him.
He would have helped with their speed. Callahan has been really unimpressive so far in these 3 games. Same with Filppula.

Acid08

Banned
Aaron Ward still looks so weird to me.

And the Sharks org got recognized by the EPA for being very environmentally conscious and reducing their trash footprint. They donate all of the prepared but untouched food to shelters across the Bay Area, something like 8100 pounds of food this season.

Top Bottom