• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Sanjuro

Dude was concussed and probably in fight or flight. I hate backes but come on man. Classless to mock a dude for that even if he's a player like backes and those shirts are just bullshit.

I wouldn't say I'd like to see it happen, because I wouldn't, but I would have zero remorse if that was Matt Cooke on the receiving end.

He is the only player I could say I've ever felt that way about.

dont get it twisted, i dont support the shirts or the inital hit by seabrook(its not a major to me, it shouldve just been a minor). i think the comment keith made is funny in the context of him saying it. its better than keith retaliating and hitting backes, after backes blindly went after keith.

For all Backes knew in that moment it was Keith who hit him. Not sure if you've ever had a head injury but it's not exactly easy to know exactly what the fuck is going on when it happens. Keith not doing the worst thing he could've possibly done isn't really vindication from doing something shitty still.

Also, fuck this shit. Why isn't Frey here to make the rounds instead? Making me defend backes.. grime that will never come off.
I wouldn't say I'd like to see it happen, because I wouldn't, but I would have zero remorse if that was Matt Cooke on the receiving end.

He is the only player I could say I've ever felt that way about.
I think every fan has one player at some point that gets the best of their morality. Fuck knows I've said/felt some awful things towards Bertuzzi. Still do most days, but the vast majority of that is actually being disgusted with the league that he has had himself a nice long career after ending another player's. Despite the shit I say I don't actually want the guy to be in an equally debilitating condition like Moore is in. I just find it disgusting that he's still in this league.

zychi

Banned
For all Backes knew in that moment it was Keith who hit him. Not sure if you've ever had a head injury but it's not exactly easy to know exactly what the fuck is going on when it happens. Keith not doing the worst thing he could've possibly done isn't really vindication from doing something shitty still.

Also, fuck this shit. Why isn't Frey here to make the rounds instead? Making me defend backes.. grime that will never come off.
ive had 3 concussions, two from football, one from a car accident. the second football concussion, i'm missing ~36 hours of my life from my memory. my "instinct" wouldn't be to attack someone.

considering keith has had a few concussions in his time, and gotten his face blown up by a puck. i'm okay with him mocking backes. especially since it was keith who mocked him, and not seabrook.

Acid08

Banned
mocking a known dirty player? its trash talk.

i wouldn't blindly attack a player on the opposing team like backes did. can't even attack the right guy. so he gets mocked. but hey, everyone has their own personal opinion on what is right and wrong. backes is just wrong all around to me.
Yeah, you're definitely a dick.

ive had 3 concussions, two from football, one from a car accident. the second football concussion, i'm missing ~36 hours of my life from my memory. my "instinct" wouldn't be to attack someone.

considering keith has had a few concussions in his time, and gotten his face blown up by a puck. i'm okay with him mocking backes. especially since it was keith who mocked him, and not seabrook.

I just don't get the argument here. Keith takes that hit, doesn't get concussed, guess what he would do? His instinct would be to get off his ass and punch whoever he thought was responsible. Backes does it, probably doesn't know who the fuck hit him and it's something to joke about because..?
you shouldn't say that. maybe i'm concussed. it might hurt my feelings.
Oh ok, nevermind. I got my answer.

Sanjuro

I don't believe in the eye for an eye thing (except maybe getting his face caved in the next game). I don't have a huge problem with Cooke still playing. I'll just hiss and moan about it. Savard was my favorite player after Bourque left, he was a pretty big deal around here.

There are always players like that or questionable ones that end up on the team you root for. It's just the nature of the game.

zychi

Banned
I just don't get the argument here. Keith takes that hit, doesn't get concussed, guess what he would do? His instinct would be to get off his ass and punch whoever he thought was responsible. Backes does it, probably doesn't know who the fuck hit him and it's something to joke about because..?

Oh ok, nevermind. I got my answer.

actions are worse than words.

i can call you names all day. the second you hit me, you went to a lower level.

edit: i love that the few people in this thread condone fighting, but "ew don't make fun of him for being concussed"

The shirt is classless and anyone defending it as "funny" is classless and a shitstain.

Brown, Torres, whoever it may be. I don't find humor in players being seriously injured. Especially in a way that is potentially career ending.

actions are worse than words.

i can call you names all day. the second you hit me, you went to a lower level.

edit: i love that the few people in this thread condone fighting, but "ew don't make fun of him for being concussed"

Yeah because a bloody nose is clearly on the same level as having a concussion. I've heard people commit suicide all the time over not being able to deal with bloody nose symptoms.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Why are there so many nut shots this during these Yoffs? Gonna post again because it's hilarious

117rztg.gif

That is amazing.

And there are entirely too many nut jobs in these yoffs.

Quick

Banned
I was concussed and I'm okay with mocking head injures because I was concussed. it's cool because it was a player from my favourite team that also had a concussion in the past so it's okay that he's the one mocking the other player because it was a player from my favourite team that also had a concussion in the past.

Acid, you homophobe you!

I was concussed and I'm okay with mocking head injures because I was concussed. it's cool because it was a player from my favourite team that also had a concussion in the past so it's okay that he's the one mocking the other player because it was a player from my favourite team that also had a concussion in the past.

Acid, you homophobe you!

Wait, did Acid call someone a shitpacker? I missed it. God damn, Acid. I know you want the Wild to beat the Avs and all but you really don't have to fully immerse yourself in their fandom.

Vman pls I am joking

zychi

Banned
Yeah because a bloody nose is clearly on the same level as having a concussion. I've heard people commit suicide all the time over not being able to deal with bloody nose symptoms.

people commit suicide after being beatup in high school. school is bad!
people commit suicide after losing their house. houses are bad!

great analogy!

Giggzy

Back in middle school I didn't know what a fudgepacker meant so I used it on my AOL screen name. My sister logged on under my name and my friend messaged her. Once she stated that it was her using my SN he decided to mess around by saying a bunch of sexual things. This led to a very funny and awkward family meeting.

In high school we have the morning announcements and one of my friends knew the student council person who speaks in the morning. Got her to say congratulations to a person (actually a friend of mine too) won a fudge packing contest on Saturday.

I didn't know what it meant either. I was picturing I Love Lucy and the candy conveyor belt. Of course, I started connecting the dots when people were roaring with laughter that it didn't mean what I thought.

Giggzy

In high school we have the morning announcements and one of my friends knew the student council person who speaks in the morning. Got her to say congratulations to a person (actually a friend of mine too) won a fudge packing contest on Saturday.

I didn't know what it meant either. I was picturing I Love Lucy and the candy conveyor belt. Of course, I started connecting the dots when people were roaring with laughter that it didn't mean what I thought.

Hahaha. My thought process was very similar. At the time I was like, "fuck yeah I love fudge, of course I'll pack it. Give me the fudge!!"

Roflobear

people commit suicide after being beatup in high school. school is bad!
people commit suicide after losing their house. houses are bad!

great analogy!

Getting beat up and losing your house are bad. Not sure why you're substituting both those scenarios for high school and houses in general.

Getting beat up and losing your house are bad. Not sure why you're substituting both those scenarios for high school and houses in general.

Nope, and now I'm going to make fun of both scenarios because at least I didn't cause them to be homeless or get bullied in school.

HAHA YOU FUCKING LOSERS HOW DOES IT TASTE

zroid

Banned
Holy shit did I really just read that.

Alright, whose fucking alt is that? This guy isn't real. I refuse to believe it.

I don't buy it. Can't see any of the regulars being able to pull off a zychi.

Only the forces of nature are chaotic enough to produce a specimen like this.

zychi

Banned

i was mocking him for bringing suicide into the discussion of an insult. he brought suicide into a conversation about saying "wakey wakey" too someone who was coherent enough to attack someone. i'm sure backes will contemplate suicide while he sits out :eyeroll

we've already gone over the fact that the hit and the concussion are bad. the shirt is tasteless. keith reacted to backes(a known dirty player) coming at him. its not a cheapshot like smacking crosby in the head like some players have.

verbally telling someone to "wake up" is apparently worse than blindly attacking someone who had nothing to do with the hit/concussion.

Vossler

I like how all the Hawks players decided in the locker room after the game to conveniently "forget" what they said. Everything was "the heat of the moment".....bullshit.....I am a Blues fan, and I will admit that Backes did turn at the wrong moment, but as Seabrook you have to lay off/pull up....he put his ENTIRE body into Backes head.....should have been much more than three games.

I played hockey for 24 years, was concussed once and know what it feels like after you get railed....light are super bright and people become shadow outlines....not to mention Backes looked like he was out for a few seconds, as he fell straight down, so him not knowing who clipped him wouldn't be uncommon.

Bottom line is the Blackhawks are playing shitty dangerous hockey (Keith with his slashes, Bickell going knee to knee) because the Blues are too fast and hard nosed. Those shirts just reinforce the classless, ignorant mindset of the Blackhawk fan.

I brought suicide into the discussion when you compared the severity of a concussion to fighting. Good god, I am so done. Don't let the door hit you when the hawks are eliminated. I know you at least won't be around for the regular season.

Roflobear

I remember when the Seabrook hit happened, someone in this thread was downplaying the severity of the hit. Guess who it was?

Refs are terrible today. Call ticky tacky shit all day and then call that a major? fuck outta here
its clearly a penalty. its not a major/ejection. he never left his feet.
his arm protects him from the shoulder hit. the hit to the glass is was knocked him out. it shouldnt have been a major. shitty reffing all game led to an ejection.

zychi

Banned
I remember when the Seabrook hit happened, someone in this thread was downplaying the severity of the hit. Guess who it was?

and? its a penalty, shouldn't have been a suspension. nfl lawsuit/sidney crosby syndrome thats taken over sports. the previous page was about keith's comment to backes after backes went after him.

backes is a known dirty player:
http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2013/12/24/5241608/david-backes-knee-on-matt-stajan-flames-blues

whether backes was concussed at the time, or not is irrelevant. if i attack someone in a drunken stooper, i'm still liable for my actions. keith's comments are funny in the context of backes trying to attack him. verbally mocking someone for attempting to hit you is less upsetting than physical abuse everywhere but the nhl apparently.

Hockey can't come soon enough, work is dragging along

Rooting for these teams tonight:

COLUMBUS - cuz Lumbus
COLORADO - MacKinnon can't be stopped
CHICAGO - Backes is out, Chicago mad about being down 0-2 and are finally home
ANAHEIM - Good guys all around

Quick

Banned
Wait, did Acid call someone a shitpacker? I missed it. God damn, Acid. I know you want the Wild to beat the Avs and all but you really don't have to fully immerse yourself in their fandom.

Vman pls I am joking

First, we have a racist in Smiley.

Now, a homophobe in Acid?

Can't wait for the classist to emerge.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hawks-Gaf has another shit stain on their roster I see. Those shirts are awful, whoever would buy one is a piece of shit.

Edit: ^^^ Don't forget I'm a sexist bigot Quick

and? its a penalty, shouldn't have been a suspension. nfl lawsuit/sidney crosby syndrome thats taken over sports. the previous page was about keith's comment to backes after backes went after him.

backes is a known dirty player:
http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2013/12/24/5241608/david-backes-knee-on-matt-stajan-flames-blues

whether backes was concussed at the time, or not is irrelevant. if i attack someone in a drunken stooper, i'm still liable for my actions. keith's comments are funny in the context of backes trying to attack him. verbally mocking someone for attempting to hit you is less upsetting than physical abuse everywhere but the nhl apparently.

I'm often the last person here to call for a suspension. The Seabrook hit was a CLEAR case for a suspension. He left his feet to propel himself into Backes' head.

I agree that you shouldn't base a suspension on how badly the victim is injured, but that hit was pure bullshit.

belvedere

Junior Butler
I find the Blackhawks' angst lately...odd. As much as I hate that fucking team, I equally respect them (though a week ago I respected them a bit more). Yeah it's playoff hockey but the Hawks have nothing to prove, they have two cups and a number of statistically amazing seasons in the past few years while the Blues are STL's version of the Cubs. Hell, we can't even say that as the Cubs have at least won a fucking championship. I just don't understand the recent behavior from Keith and a couple of other players. I find Bickell's play overly aggressive, but at least he's using a facet of the game for strength, no matter how illegal or exploitative it is. Checking is a tactic but risky slashes and shit talking don't have much impact, especially coming from a flower like Keith. Any impact they do have will likely just end up benefiting the Blues. I'm not saying the Blues aren't guilty of the same, but it's not on the same level and they also aren't the defending champions.

whether backes was concussed at the time, or not is irrelevant. if i attack someone in a drunken stooper, i'm still liable for my actions.
I know I said I'm done and all but man, you might be the stupidest motherfucker I've encountered here. Tabris, you are off the hook.

Choosing to get wasted =/= suffering a HEAD INJURY.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
P.K. Subban is the first @CanadiensMTL defenseman with consecutive multi-assist games in the same playoff year since Larry Robinson in 1987.

ibyouFxvs3JzGi.gif

Also the Habs cup odds have gone from 20/1 to 7/1 for some reason

Top Bottom