• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Was this already posted?

1JiH7z7.jpg

This gif makes me laugh whenever I see it. The outstretched arms in celebration are what get me all the time

The woman with the beer is what gets me. Like spearing a guy in the nuts is exactly the sort of thing that would get outrageous cheers from Boston fans.

Quick

Banned

Gonna break this down to show how terrible Subban is.

Selfish: Staring at the puck and not his teammates.

Classless: Didn't skate back and help Palat.

Attention whore: Fancy way of handling the puck.

Not playing the right way: He's just doing it all wrong.

Gonna break this down to show how terrible Subban is.

Selfish: Staring at the puck and not his teammates.

Classless: Didn't skate back and help Palat.

Attention whore: Fancy way of handling the puck.

Not playing the right way: He's just doing it all wrong.

Yeah what's a defenceman doing behind the other team's net?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
random hockey question, but is the blackhawks logo considered to be racist like the redskins one?

I think the issue with the Redskins has more to do with the name rather than the image. It's sort of like if we had the New York Hebes or the San Francisco Chinks.

At least Black Hawk was a real native chief.

Sanjuro

random hockey question, but is the blackhawks logo considered to be racist like the redskins one?

No. The name and logo both aren't associated really with anything overly insensitive. At least in comparison to the other highlighted examples.

Is it racist...probably?

I'm just not a major proponent who believes all these teams need to change their logos/team name. At the same time, I don't object to anything said on the other side of the spectrum.

*shrugs*

Sanjuro

if Emery can do for Philly what he did for Chicago, Flyers shouldn't worry too much.
It's not the same situation as in 2010

Flyers have a lot to worry about. Despite the nice win the other day. If they can't adjust defensively, the Rangers are just going to use those NHL video game hax all day.

Most of the goals were not really fair goals for the goaltender in both games.

Flyers have a lot to worry about. Despite the nice win the other day. If they can't adjust defensively, the Rangers are just going to use those NHL video game hax all day.

One timers/cross ice passes all day!

if they advance to Round 2 and end up defeating the Penguins... that will be enough for me this year, I will be okay with that.

Giggzy

Beleskey is still out.

Maroon skating on top line with Beast/Good guy. I like him on that line. All those neat behind the net backhand passes will fall right to Perry in front of the net.

Etem and DSP switching off on the MP22/Finnish Flash. I'm going to assume Etem will play as his speed and forecheck will cause many problems for that Dallas D.

I'm pumped. We're doing this Heretic. BELIEVE!

Beleskey is still out.

Maroon skating on top line with Beast/Good guy. I like him on that line. All those neat behind the net backhand passes will fall right to Perry in front of the net.

Etem and DSP switching off on the MP22/Finnish Flash. I'm going to assume Etem will play as his speed and forecheck will cause many problems for that Dallas D.

I'm pumped. We're doing this Heretic. BELIEVE!

Pat Maroon is doing what I wish Dustin Penner did more often.

Speaking of whom, I guess the Caps can't leverage his playoff magic?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Flyers did adjust defensively in Game 2 after the first period. The Rangers suddenly stopped getting those cross-ice and backdoor chances that Philly had been giving up. Still had some opportunities and good looks, especially in the second, but they were pretty much all straightforward chances where Emery could get set comfortably to make the save.

There's still an obvious vulnerability to be exploited with Emery in net. Just need to work harder for it.

Sanjuro

Flyers did adjust defensively in Game 2 after the first period. The Rangers suddenly stopped getting those cross-ice and backdoor chances that Philly had been giving up. Still had some opportunities and good looks, especially in the second, but they were pretty much all straightforward chances where Emery could get set comfortably to make the save.

There's still an obvious vulnerability to be exploited with Emery in net. Just need to work harder for it.

They did, but Rangers were doing the same stuff they were doing in Game 1. You can't get by making adjustments after they pound in 2-3 goals.

kingslunk

Must win for the Stars tonight. Won't be posting much due to being at the game.

Good luck ducks gaf. Hope we can make it a series with a win tonight.

See ya guys after.

Sanjuro

See ya guys after.

You call yourself a real fan. Real fans post!

Enjoy the game. Live postseason hockey is the best. I'm just bitter that I can buy a $27 ticket to that game right now. That is $100 less than our cheapest regular season game!

See ya guys after.

Have fun at the game!

Not a must win for Dallas though, best of 7 series after all. I can see Lehtonen stealing the series. Scared of him waking up and shutting out Anaheim today and forever

Giggzy

Have fun at the game!

Not a must win for Dallas though, best of 7 series after all. I can see Lehtonen stealing the series. Scared of him waking up and shutting out Anaheim today and forever

I'd say it's definitely a must win. Coming back from 0-3 down has only happened like what, 3 or 4 times?

zychi

Banned

The team name is derived from Chief Blackhawk, a person, rather than a tribe. In the early 1800s, he fought expansion by white settlers into Illinois and surrounding states.

The hockey team's first owner commanded a World War II unit nicknamed "The Blackhawk Division," after Chief Blackhawk.
it's also not a slur.
edit: a bit more:
For those unfamiliar with the history of the Blackhawks name, here's a quick history via The New York Times: "The Blackhawks’ founder was Maj. Frederic McLaughlin, whose family owned Manor House Coffee, a popular brand in the first half of the 20th century. McLaughlin named the team after the Blackhawk division, a unit he helped lead as an officer in the Army. It was formed during World War I, but the war ended before the unit, or McLaughlin, saw action. The unit was named for a Sauk and Fox American Indian leader who fought against the United States government in the War of 1812 and in 1832." The team's immmensly popular Blackhawks Indian head logo was created by Irene Castle, wife of McLaughlin, in 1926 at the team’s inception into the NHL.

themoreyouknow.gif

zroid

Banned
What the hell am I going to do with a surplus of these?!

040fd8a0-c979-11e3-9d2b-ab426379e29f_500.jpg

I hope he's OK.

As much as I think Keith is an asshole for that comment, it would be amazing if this became a thing and Chicago fans wore these shirts when the Hawks hosted the Blues in future seasons.

It was definitely an asshole thing to say, Backes clearly had his bell rung, he was struggling to get to his feet and seemed pretty out of it.

zychi

Banned
It was definitely an asshole thing to say, Backes clearly had his bell rung, he was struggling to get to his feet and seemed pretty out of it.

i think it was more of a joke that backes came after keith instead of seabrook. so keith said it.

obv i have no idea what keith was thinking, but its definitely something i would say if i was being attacked by a concussed person who had the wrong guy.

Giggzy

Yeah... I've said some horrible shit in the heat of the moment during my sporting days. Hell, I still do in my adult soccer league

/ashamed

TrueGrime

I'll be on 24 hour duty tonight so I won't be able to watch any games or loaf around here on NHL.

I will live vicariously through you guys tomorrow.

Acid08

Banned
i think it was more of a joke that backes came after keith instead of seabrook. so keith said it.

obv i have no idea what keith was thinking, but its definitely something i would say if i was being attacked by a concussed person who had the wrong guy.
You sound like kind of a dick.

zychi

Banned
You sound like kind of a dick.

mocking a known dirty player? its trash talk.

i wouldn't blindly attack a player on the opposing team like backes did. can't even attack the right guy. so he gets mocked. but hey, everyone has their own personal opinion on what is right and wrong. backes is just wrong all around to me.

mocking a known dirty player? its trash talk.

i wouldn't blindly attack a player on the opposing team like backes did. can't even attack the right guy. so he gets mocked. but hey, everyone has their own personal opinion on what is right and wrong. backes is just wrong all around to me.
Dude was concussed and probably in fight or flight. I hate backes but come on man. Classless to mock a dude for that even if he's a player like backes and those shirts are just bullshit.

zychi

Banned
Dude was concussed and probably in fight or flight. I hate backes but come on man. Classless to mock a dude for that even if he's a player like backes and those shirts are just bullshit.

dont get it twisted, i dont support the shirts or the inital hit by seabrook(its not a major to me, it shouldve just been a minor). i think the comment keith made is funny in the context of him saying it. its better than keith retaliating and hitting backes, after backes blindly went after keith.

Top Bottom