• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Every series looks fantastic in the first round. Only one that I don't really care about is Columbus vs. Pittsburgh, and even then the matchup still might be pretty interesting.

I could not care less about Anaheim/Dallas, no goalie change is going to affect that. Other than that, they seem pretty good.

Socreges

Banned
A map showing which team each State/Province supports in the Playoffs.

k5g4bxclxcwbnry1s01c.jpg
Before anyone gets too carried away, that map is based entirely on Facebook likes. ie, it is bullshit.

Sanjuro

I could not care less about Anaheim/Dallas, no goalie change is going to affect that. Other than that, they seem pretty good.

I have some interest in Dallas due to players, and curious how Andersen performs. If he team wasn't in this position, I would be very skeptical on starting him. I'll be watching!

Are we Ducks?

Or what?

We are Ducks. And Ducks fly together.

http://youtu.be/RzJY_K0cX1c

I don't mind the 2 and a half Dallas Stars fans either. Hope for a good series. The hated Dallas player plays for Anaheim now.

Quack quack my friends.

I was eating lunch yesterday at Chipotle and there were ducks outside the restaurant. A good sign?

Off topic, faux rich guy with jewelry, nice clothes and shades was complaining about paying $1.90 for guacamole.

Giggzy

I have some interest in Dallas due to players, and curious how Andersen performs. If he team wasn't in this position, I would be very skeptical on starting him. I'll be watching!

I don't think you'll find a duck fan feeling skeptical of starting Andersen tonight. If you've watched him all year you'd see how good he is. Just oozes calmness between the pipes.

Sanjuro

I don't think you'll find a duck fan feeling skeptical of starting Andersen tonight. If you've watched him all year you'd see how good he is. Just oozes calmness between the pipes.

That's why I said if the team wasn't in this position. If the seeds were reversed and Anaheim was the 8th seed, I would send out Hiller and use Andersen as a quick replacement for the hook. There would be no sense messing with the psyche of a goaltender that young unless there was a massive variance between the two goaltenders.

I would be fine starting Gibson as well.

Really want Hiller to get the confidence back though. I want all 3 to be good. I don't know how successful we can be in the playoffs. Usually teams ride one goalie til the bitter end.

At least we're in a position where maybe they'll push each other to perform better because the moment you lose, the other guy gets a chance

Giggzy

That's why I said if the team wasn't in this position. If the seeds were reversed and Anaheim was the 8th seed, I would send out Hiller and use Andersen as a quick replacement for the hook. There would be no sense messing with the psyche of a goaltender that young unless there was a massive variance between the two goaltenders.

Touché. Misread that part.

Parch

Plenty of argument about whether or not the rest of Canada will support Montreal. They'll get a lot of media coverage so it really depends on what you consider "support". Canada will definitely be "watching".

Get on board Canada. Don't be riding that yank propaganda.

Plenty of argument about whether or not the rest of Canada will support Montreal. They'll get a lot of media coverage so it really depends on what you consider "support". Canada will definitely be "watching".

Get on board Canada. Don't be riding that yank propaganda.

Not a chance. Anyone but the Habs to bring the cup home. We'd never hear the bloody end of it!

Socreges

Banned
Ole ole ole oleeeeeee
6 out of 10 16-year-old girls agree: the Montreal Canadiens are a hockey team from Canada in the playoffs! Like!

I'll be watching whichever series are the most entertaining for the sport itself. May find myself rooting for the Habs if they make it far enough, though, since there are a bunch of players I like.

Parch

I think there's upset potential in the east. Boston doesn't match up well against speed, so both Detroit and Montreal can give them trouble. I think Philly can beat Pittsburgh too.
Not saying it's going to happen, but there's definitely upset possibilities there.

Var

I think there's upset potential in the east. Boston doesn't match up well against speed, so both Detroit and Montreal can give them trouble. I think Philly can beat Pittsburgh too.
Not saying it's going to happen, but there's definitely upset possibilities there.

We just have to get by NY first.... :-(

_DrMario_

Just read that Tampa is preventing Ticketmaster from selling Canadians tickets for Round 1 games.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Top Bottom