• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Sanjuro

Who's this clown?

(See, that implies that not only are you a clown, but one of the lesser known ones as well)

Congrats on the heel turn, whoever you are.

So edgy!

Anyway, the point is I don't put a ton of stock in the regular season. Does the West have more threats? Yeah. The style of play just rapidly changes when it comes down to the second season. That is why I liked the lockout season more than most. A ton of competitive games when there really shouldn't have been.

Solo

No torches this year, only rockets:

untitledceqcu.jpg

Solo

How many seconds will it take for Grapes to mention anything Leafs unrelated to Game 1 on Coach's Corner?

I suspect tonight's Coaches Corner will feature four things:

- Leafs talk
- Subban bashing
- Stamkos good ol' Markham boy ballwashing
- Leafs talk

Sanjuro

- Leafs talk
- Subban bashing
- Leafs talk

I never can tell if I should be jealous about not receiving this type of programing in the states.

Sanjuro

All NFL announcers on air tend to stroke tom brady on air

Well, there are only like four of them really. We usually have the top broadcasting team more often than not. It's nice when we play the Bills or Jags and we get the C-Team. They usually don't even know who Tom Brady is, it's like they read their entire play-by-play off a teleprompter.

To sum it up, NFL broadcasts are shit. NBC is probably the best available option. Even then you have Bob Costas with some kind of agenda.

kingslunk

Well, there are only like four of them really. We usually have the top broadcasting team more often than not. It's nice when we play the Bills or Jags and we get the C-Team. They usually don't even know who Tom Brady is, it's like they read their entire play-by-play off a teleprompter.

To sum it up, NFL broadcasts are shit. NBC is probably the best available option. Even then you have Bob Costas with some kind of agenda.

NFL needs to get personalized feeds for each team with biased announcers for each team

GAF, where a thread about the firing of a famous developer/composer leads to an abortion debate.

MDExoID.gif

Edit: Dang my avatar is creeping myself out.

Sanjuro

NFL needs to get personalized feeds for each team with biased announcers for each team

Radio broadcasts, brother! Our great play-by-play guy retired a couple seasons ago, so it's been pretty much homer radio. Pretty sad stuff.

The NHL homer announcing I think is fun, just not when it's at a national level broadcast. I can't really think of any other sport I would enjoy it in however.

Curufinwe

Mason not at practice today so it looks like Emery will start tomorrow.

Megna needs to be beaten senseless next time we play them.

NHL playoffs start tonight, and dark souls 2 PC releases next week?

please tell my wife and kids that i love them.

"when's daddy coming back?"

"i don't know sweetie. i...don't...know."

Got my Ducks playoff wallpaper on my iPhone and iPad. Wearing a Ducks shirt to work. Lets do this.

May ask a friend if he's down for last minute plans to go to the game.

'YOFFS

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

- Leafs talk
- Subban bashing
- Leafs talk

Breaking news the Leafs have signed "blank" and in other news the Canadians have won the cup.

Pretty excited for tonight.

Edit: the HFB is great :lol

Giggzy

The thing scaring me the most is our goaltending issue. Hopefully we find out in the next few hours who's starting.

Top Bottom