• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Yeah they totally didn't fuck them on that goalie interference bullshit that would have changed the complexion of the series.

Am I doing the speculation thing right?

BFIB

Yeah they totally didn't fuck them on that goalie interference bullshit that would have changed the complexion of the series.

Am I doing the speculation thing right?

There's been wild theories all over here in St. Louis about the calls. I'm sure the same is happening in the Windy City.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Best part about that goalie interference call is it is technically correct going by rule book, regardless of whether it's a terrible rule or not.

Acid08

Banned
Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke 8m LeBrun on TSN Radio "Holy Mackeral, how about them Sharks? I get sucked in every year, I'm Mr.Sharks and everyone makes fun of me."

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke 8m LeBrun "this is as impressive as I've seen this team [the Sharks] in a long time"

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke 7m LeBrun "it's the depth, the health and the speed of this team. Among the real Cup contenders, the Sharks had fewest players go to Sochi"

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke 6m LeBrun "the Kings have no answer for the Sharks and they're the ones that look tired and old right now."

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke 5m LeBrun "not only are the Sharks getting a pretty good discount in the amount by their stars but look at their term"

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke 5m LeBrun "the Leafs like to throw the word culture around at their news conference but they have no idea what it means"

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke 4m LeBrun "the Sharks have a culture. People want to be there, want to be part of it and believe in the program"

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke 4m LeBrun "you walk into the Sharks dressing room last night after a big OT win against a rival and it was like after a game in October"

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke 3m LeBrun "it was ho-hum and all business for the guys and that gave me the impression of a team that has their eye on playing for two months"

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke 2m LeBrun "I felt that the winner of the SJ-LA series was going to the final"

LeBrun back on the bandwagon now that we're up 3-0. It's true though, he was one of the only mainstream media guys that cared to give us coverage.

Also that shot at Toronto tho

ZeroGravity

Admitting that Montreal was the decisive beneficiary of officiating isn't somehow a knock against how well the played in the series. It's okay, nobody's insinuating you didn't deserve to win.

Tampa Bay screwed Tampa Bay

Of course they did. Your guys' experience made a world of a difference.

It's stupid to say whether or not the call being changed would have or wouldn't have changed the series potentially, though.

Tampa will be dangerous in a year or so though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Admitting that Montreal was the decisive beneficiary of officiating isn't somehow a knock against how well the played in the series. It's okay, nobody's insinuating you didn't deserve to win.
Call was technically correct according to the rule book and Tampa was handed a goal in game 4 and scored off a phantom penalty in game 3. Considering how much Montreal had the puck, they should have drawn more penalties. Refs were shit both ways.

they do allow the most shots in the league

post-22077-rap-battle-parody-perfect-loop-gLVH.gif

Top Bottom