• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Some real dirty shit going on in the first round. Seems worse than most years honestly.

NHL getting what they want for the first couple of rounds, with the divisional rivalry. Though, what happens when we get to the final and all of the stars are beat up? Granted, that happens anyway, but it might be worse than usual.

I kid about French Canadians. They're a good bunch. Just not up to the standards of a good Ontario kid

I'm excited for Game 6! But also excited for tomorrow's games
ibeNp73bJHdiZ5.gif

iLLmAtlc

After hours: Clippers owner tells GF not to bring Magic Johnson and other black people to his games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhT6d5fMhzI

-- "It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people. Do you have to?" (3:30)

-- "You can sleep with [black people]. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that ... and not to bring them to my games." (5:15)

-- "...Don't put him [Magic] on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games." (9:13)

this guy is done

Wait what the fuck, the dude is alright with her fucking other guys, doesn't care if they're black.. but just don't bring them to the game? It's too bad smelly isn't here to help me understand these inconsistencies.

If we are swept (fuck those first two wins, it's a god damned sweep), I'd like to see us go after Trotz. His system isn't radically different than Hitchcock's anyway, and I'd like to think he'd be able to make the fucking changes that Hitchcock doesn't seem capable of to win. There's enough offensive firepower on the current core to win in a way that Nashville never really had a chance at, especially with Schwartz and Tarasenko emerging as stars and Jaskin / Rattie in the wings.

I'm not sure I'd resign Miller either, if only because he's been decidedly average in this series and most of his regular season tenure here. Salvage the first round this year and grab Nick Schmaltz or Ryan Mac, save the cap space on Miller's contract and throw whatever we need to at the best UFA Center available (Stastny or Legwand hopefully).

Also, because everyone can enjoy it, here's this year's Steen is fuckin' pissed interview: http://video.blues.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=610034&lang=en.

Solo

Serious question, if the Red Wings come back and win the series, do your tickets automatically get switched over? I assume they would.

Yes. All they are selling are :

• Home Game #1 (Game 1 if they play Detroit or Game 3 if they play Boston)
  • Home Game #2 (Game 2 if they play Detroit or Game 4 if they play Boston)
  • Home Game #3 (Game 5 if they play Detroit or Game 6 if they play Boston)
  • Home Game #4 (Game 7 if they play Detroit and doesn't exist at all if they play Boston)

So I'm shooting for Home Game #1 or Home Game #2 if I'm successful.

Top Bottom