• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Eveytime your team gets bounced in the playoffs is rough. This time not nearly as hard on me than in the past. Boston is the better team. Our D is ok in spots and is fucking downright terrible in others (jesus that 3rd pairing couldn't get any worse). Injuries took their toll but we found out some kids can really fucking play. We also found out that most of our veterans need to be sent out to pasture. Spent big bucks on a free agent center that played 10 games all year. Traded our number 1 center prospect and a 2nd rounder for a guy who is playing 4th line winger.

Few bright spots about this season. Our kids showed they could play. We kept the streak alive. That's about it.

Bring on the offseason and hopefully some much needed changes that need to be made to this team for them to be a tad more competitive in the playoffs.

Congrats B's fans good luck the rest of the way.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
A Babcock coached team is the last team I would expect to take a too many men penalty at this point in an elimination game.

zroid

Banned
Ok Zetterberg does have a pretty epic beard. He looks like a true viking.

Reminds me of this guy

Rudolph-Portraits-Clay-Walker-2.jpg

pringles

I'll try to forget about this series in about 10 minutes time. We were just outmatched in every way. GG Boston, you are a hell of a team. Unlikeable, but very, very good. And Rask is crazy.

The season as a whole had a lot of good moments. Hopefully the kids learn from this series and can put on some muscle and come back stronger next year. I like our future, hopefully Holland makes the right decisions this summer and moves forward with our youth instead of signing some washed up veterans.

Ending on a too many men penalty seems fitting for this team. Dumb mistakes have been a constant all season long.

Red_Man

Couldn't even extend it to 6 games.....thanks for nothing Detroit. Shouldn't have even bothered showing up.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
My perfect line up for next year is

Z/Pavel/Top 6 scoring winger via trade
Tatar/Sheahan/Nyquist
Jurco/Weiss/Pulkkinan
Miller/Helm/Abby
Andersson/Glendening can rotate in or get traded for all I care

Actual #1 offensive D man/Kronwall
DeKeyser/Ericsson
Sproul/Oulett

Howard
Mrzek

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Glad the B's will get some rest before next round. Not worried about "rust" or anything like that (it's gonna be a few days since we'll have at least 2-3 seven gamers this round) since the Habs are just sitting around as well.

Solo

Habs/Bruins Round 16 in my 31 years on this planet. Bring ittttttttttt. Can't wait to be in the Bell Centre for Game 3.

Red_Man

This series should be pretty ridiculous. No Ryder to save any goals this year either for the Bruins.

Top Bottom