• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Roflobear

As much as I dislike the Bruins, I'll be cheering for them against the Habs so we can have an all American playoffs. The way it was meant to be

Sanjuro

Why do that when I can get drunk, wear my Habs red without getting stabbed, and see beautiful french Canadian chicks everywhere?

OH, CANADA!

Nah, you wouldn't get stabbed.

I agree with you on the women up there. However, we can offer you a chubby assorted gift basket...

...and booze!

ShaneB

Plenty of fun first round series, good to know one in the second round will be fantastic. Habs/Bruins will be fun to watch.

BY2K

Membero Americo
YO, BOSTON!

ME7hZuD.gif

Sanjuro

NO THANK YOU I'LL PAY $11.50 FOR WATERED DOWN MOLSON PRODUCTS AND ENJOY IT

I hope you're thirsty, friend.

jbuzvfN2K50dMf.jpg

It's always great to see the Montreal (and other visiting teams) fans roam around the city. They are usually always wearing their sweaters around town, fun to just welcome them and chat them up.

Solo

This is going to be a VERY interesting series, I think. As usual, it will likely come down to whether Montreal can effectively use their speed and transition game or if Boston can impose their will physically. Oh, and special teams and luck, of course.

Prediction: PAIN

Solo

I don't see a reason to make ANY roster changes until we get beat, personally. If the Bruins hammer us in Game 1, okay, bring in the thugs. Until then though? Ride the wave!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I feel like putting Murray in is such a coaches move though. Playing a bigger, stronger team? Better put a physical presence in to counteract that.
It's definitely a Therrien move, but he made a complete 180 in the first round and kept up with Cooper. I hope he doesn't reverse on that success and put him in.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like putting Murray in is such a coaches move though. Playing a bigger, stronger team? Better put a physical presence in to counteract that.

If you are going to put in a big physical guy to play against the Bruins, at least put the one that can actually play hockey in. We have Tinordi for a reason.

Solo

If you are going to put in a big physical guy to play against the Bruins, at least put the one that can actually play hockey in. We have Tinordi for a reason.

Tinordi had a rough playoff last year though. I'm guessing they'll try to get another year of seasoning into him before getting him back out there in the playoffs.

BY2K

Membero Americo
This is going to be a VERY interesting series, I think. As usual, it will likely come down to whether Montreal can effectively use their speed and transition game or if Boston can impose their will physically. Oh, and special teams and luck, of course.

Prediction: PAIN

Markov is gonna get injured in that series, won't they?

Red_Man

We beat the Bruins using our speed, putting in a big, fat, slow pylon completely goes against the game plan.

I'm not too bummed about Detroit losing. Boston was the better team for the better part of the series and the injuries definitely took their toll by the end even though they had some great chances and shots that could have easily gone in. Still, 23 straight playoff appearances is something to take some pride in. Hopefully next year is better for us. Always cool to see players shake hands and chat at the end too.

Boston/Montreal will be interesting and that's about all I'll say.

Now I want to see them Jackets take a lead.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Tinordi had a rough playoff last year though. I'm guessing they'll try to get another year of seasoning into him before getting him back out there in the playoffs.

Would have been fine if they hadn't buried him in the minors all year in favour of Murray.

We beat the Bruins using our speed, putting in a big, fat, slow pylon completely goes against the game plan.

I don't care whether he Tinordi plays or not. I'm just saying if the coach insists on putting someone in for MOARBIG reasons, which regular season Therrien would do, I'd rather it be Tinordi than Murray.

The team has been playing well enough that they should just stick with the current roster for now so hopefully it won't be an issue.

Alucard

Banned
Go Pens. Do it. I expect them to come out looking to prove a point.

...and then lose 4-3 after going up by 3 goals in the first.

Red_Man

I don't care whether he Tinordi plays or not. I'm just saying if the coach insists on putting someone in for MOARBIG reasons, which regular season Therrien would do, I'd rather it be Tinordi than Murray.

The team has been playing well enough that they should just stick with the current roster for now so hopefully it won't be an issue.
I agree, I don't think he can change the roster after the first sweep in 20 years.

I think I'm gonna have to cheer for Boston
#CupforIggy
Who are you?

Zeppeli

Banned
Hahahah traitersson I cant stop laughing.

Ruin your entire legacy for the extra 5 games hahahahahaha

Alfy didn't owe Ottawa anything. He would have rather given himself a chance at a Stanley Cup before retirement and actually make the playoffs. It's not his fault Boston beat them.

Red_Man

Alfy didn't owe Ottawa anything. He would have rather given himself a chance at a Stanley Cup before retirement and actually make the playoffs. It's not his fault Boston beat them.
It is his fault that he destroyed his legacy for a team that everyone knew didn't have a chance at the cup.

Top Bottom