• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Quick

Banned
Anyone but the Hawks and Kings at the final please. Sick of those two.

iTUTZ1nIIf5Cd.gif

iq204v3Ty2zYM.gif

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
My choice for the final, in order of preference:

San Jose, cause they never got a cup.
Avalanche, cause Roy.
Minnesota, cause I remember always playing as the Minnesota North Stars in Blades of Steel on NES because I felt it was the best team in the game. For some reason their colors were purple. Heck, I don't even remember playing as Montreal back then, I only remember the Stars and and the Kings for some reason lol.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My bracket is going great, I just need Columubs to do the upset, and the Flyers to come back.

Red_Man

Just stop. Our team is awesome and this is just the beginning.
Seriously. Taking the top team in the league in the regular season to 6 games, and being minutes away from a game 7 is a great accomplishment for them. All their best players are young kids too, lots of good times ahead.

I was asleep so I couldn't catch the game live, but I'm watching the comeback now and HOLY SHIT

I can't believe we're gonna win this.

Hugs Ducks-age <3 Boudreau just gave a little kick in the shins to that postseason reputation!

FUCKING REFS

Eugh, thank god this series is over. It was way too scary.

I don't know why everyone thinks this team will "kill" the Avs.

Lots of people are overlooking the record between the Wild and the Hawks in the regular season as well.

Obviously we have to get past the Avalanche first and obviously these are the playoffs so you really can't compare to the regular season, but I'd like to throw it out there.

Marvie_3

Banned
Shoving and pushing is not a roughing call. Punching motions are. If only one playing was swinging that's roughing. As soon as both players swing it's fighting.
You haven't been watching hockey long, have you? A lot of times in scrums, there's a lot of pushing and shoving going on and two guys get minors. It happens a lot.

My bracket is going great, I just need Columubs to do the upset, and the Flyers to come back.
If the Flyers lose, mine is in big trouble.

I think they're inferring Seabrook will literally kill them based on this round.

He'll do that and then rip off his jersey, revealing his hWo chest tattoo.

Hey kingslunk, I noticed you're going down in a blaze of FUCKING REFS so let me give you some advice.

Chill the fuck out. It wouldn't have made a difference.

Refs don't win games for you. Teams win games.

kingslunk

Last post of the night. I need to stop being salty. The whole series the referees calls have favored the ducks. The game misconduct on Garbutt and not Perry. The happy whistle in game 1 when the puck was clearly still moving. The lack of slashing on Gonchar in game 2. The lack of boarding call tonight. The ambiguous call on cole tonight. And the worst of the night: ambiguous line on what roughing and fighting is. I love sports that have lack of clarity for rules. NFL with pass interfence. NBA with fouls. I don't think Anaheim even pulls their goalie if it was 5v5.

Good night and GG ducks gaf. Good luck in the playoffs

Fuck refs.

Erdrick

As someone who witnessed the Jets blow huge leads many times over the past 3 years, and especially that one game against the Ducks earlier this year... I can feel your pain, Stars fans.

At least they improved from last year and will likely be even better next year. Take some solace in that. Not that Dallas fans really care about that at the moment, as I'm sure their all pretty let down after tonight.

I was asleep so I couldn't catch the game live, but I'm watching the comeback now and HOLY SHIT

I can't believe we're gonna win this.

Hugs Ducks-age <3 Boudreau just gave a little kick in the shins to that postseason reputation!

FUCKING REFS

Eugh, thank god this series is over. It was way too scary.

Everyone get in here
ifg4sJSI3H7nr.gif

Great series. Dallas has a bright future, they were tough and fast and dirty.

Nonetheless, it was fun. I just wish Robidas didn't get his leg broken.

Red_Man

Lots of people are overlooking the record between the Wild and the Hawks in the regular season as well.

Obviously we have to get past the Avalanche first and obviously these are the playoffs so you really can't compare to the regular season, but I'd like to throw it out there.
Tampa was 4-1 against us in the regular season, those stats don't mean much when it comes to the playoffs.

Last post of the night. I need to stop being salty. The whole series the referees calls have favored the ducks. The game misconduct on Garbutt and not Perry. The happy whistle in game 1 when the puck was clearly still moving. The lack of slashing on Gonchar in game 2. The lack of boarding call tonight. The ambiguous call on cole tonight. And the worst of the night: ambiguous line on what roughing and fighting is. I love sports that have lack of clarity for rules. NFL with pass interfence. NBA with fouls. I don't think Anaheim even pulls their goalie if it was 5v5.

Fuck refs.

Everyone else seems to understand it. Plenty of calls could've been called on Dallas as well. I'm not complaining about them, in the end they even out and both teams need to overcome adversity.

Ducks totally would've pulled the goalie 5 on 5. Why? They were down 2 goals

Good series but I don't think the series hinged on one or two calls.

hmm not as much salt on the espn boards as i expected.

most stars (not you slunk) fans, despite the dissapointment have accepted defeat and gave credit were it was due.

looking forward to either kings or sharks

Giggzy

Fuck refs.

Admits he needs to stop being salty.

Proceeds to let the salt flow.

Remember: If your team is so-so 5v5 then you can just keep complaining about not getting enough penalties to get enough chances for your PP to strike.

Special teams? Oh, you mean REGULAR teams.

kingslunk

OK here's where I can no longer take anything you post seriously.

Stars deserve to be out, later. GG.

Perry got two minutes for spearing and didn't even get fined.

Garbutt commits same penalty gets game misconduct and fined.

That's bias. With inconsistency and lack of clarity with the rules. You can't argue against this.

Perry got two minutes for spearing and didn't even get fined.

Garbutt commits same penalty gets game misconduct and fined.

That's bias. With inconsistency and lack of clarity with the rules. You can't argue against this.

No, that's called "observational selection" and it's a fallacy. Do we go through this whole series and match up missed penalties with penalties issued?

Hopefully in the future you have a few more playoff rounds to experience so you can see what playoff hockey is like and how it works. But not EVERYTHING will be called, otherwise the Canucks would have a Stanley Cup and Buffalo would have your 2009 Stanley Cup instead of you.

I mean, let's just focus on that for a second, your whole franchise has their first Stanley Cup based on a very terrible missed call.

Give it a rest, like literally, go rest your head and calm down. Come back when you're out of sodium and had a few glasses of Harden The Fuck Up.

It's playoffs. We get eliminated and we as men allow ourselves a golden opportunity to cry tears. But we cry because we were eliminated, not because FUCKING REFS. We then REFLECT on how good our team is and how proud we should be. And hell, maybe we should even be GRATEFUL that we were in the playoffs in the first place.

Fuck refs.

Great analysis

Top Bottom