• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Being from CO I'm going to root for the avs the rest of the playoffs, if they get dropped I'll root for the ducks since they took out the stars.

Sorry for the massive amounts of NaCl.

I'll be more mature acting in the future.

GG ducks hell of a series .

Hell of a future your team has. They're fast and hit hard. Jamie Benn will be a fixture for a long time. Lehtonen is a game changer.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
#Cup4Koivu

I'm rooting for Koivu's old team in the East
colbert_keeps_a_high_five_handy_now_with_proper_spelling-45662.gif

kingslunk

Hell of a future your team has. They're fast and hit hard. Jamie Benn will be a fixture for a long time. Lehtonen is a game changer.

I don't think Kari is the answer at goalie. Stars need to address their power play. Let's be honest one of the main reasons the stars lost is we couldn't pull the trigger on the power play. The second stars bruins game is when I said our powerplay would be our downfall. I think we were 0/8. If we want to win our defense needs to improve a little and our pp has to improve greatly.

I don't think Kari is the answer at goalie. Stars need to address their power play. Let's be honest one of the main reasons the stars lost is we couldn't pull the trigger on the power play. The second stars bruins game is when I said our powerplay would be our downfall. I think we were 0/8. If we want to win our defense needs to improve a little and our pp has to improve greatly.

Jack Campbell is awaiting in the wings to replace Kari in the future.

I think that is when we will be raising a cup over a heads.

This is so weird... I have 0 angry or sad emotions to this loss. I'm totally fine with it. I cant wait for future years. Our team is going to be beast mode. Colorado is experiencing something very similar to what we will be experiencing here in the near future. I'm pretty excited about that prospect.

Let's go Bruins-age and Sharks-age!

Being from CO I'm going to root for the avs the rest of the playoffs, if they get dropped I'll root for the ducks since they took out the stars.

Sorry for the massive amounts of NaCl.

I'll be more mature acting in the future.

GG ducks hell of a series .

Good stuff, guy. Never easy watching an elimination, but once you realise how far you've come and how great your teams future is then you realise it's an exciting future ahead to look forward to.

Kingslunk at least your team is actually improving
the Leafs will just suck forever :(

OEIb136.jpg

Jack Campbell is awaiting in the wings to replace Kari in the future.

I think that is when we will be raising a cup over a heads.

This is so weird... I have 0 angry or sad emotions to this loss. I'm totally fine with it. I cant wait for future years. Our team is going to be beast mode. Colorado is experiencing something very similar to what we will be experiencing here in the near future. I'm pretty excited about that prospect.

Let's go Bruins-age and Sharks-age!

Jack Campbell will be very good. I actually attended that NHL entry draft at Staples. Saw him get drafted and then Cam Fowler was picked by Anaheim right after which has worked out well

Socreges

Banned
No, that's called "observational selection" and it's a fallacy. Do we go through this whole series and match up missed penalties with penalties issued?

Hopefully in the future you have a few more playoff rounds to experience so you can see what playoff hockey is like and how it works. But not EVERYTHING will be called, otherwise the Canucks would have a Stanley Cup and Buffalo would have your 2009 Stanley Cup instead of you.

I mean, let's just focus on that for a second, your whole franchise has their first Stanley Cup based on a very terrible missed call.

Give it a rest, like literally, go rest your head and calm down. Come back when you're out of sodium and had a few glasses of Harden The Fuck Up.

It's playoffs. We get eliminated and we as men allow ourselves a golden opportunity to cry tears. But we cry because we were eliminated, not because FUCKING REFS. We then REFLECT on how good our team is and how proud we should be. And hell, maybe we should even be GRATEFUL that we were in the playoffs in the first place.
Fuck you for continuing to pin that shit on the Canucks when the Bruins were just as bad and DID win

Oh and congratulations on the big win!

Jack Campbell will be very good. I actually attended that NHL entry draft at Staples. Saw him get drafted and then Cam Fowler was picked by Anaheim right after which has worked out well

Yeah. Campbell is 12-2 this season and kept the Texas Stars in first place in the AHL this season and is going to carry them deep in the playoffs.

He is beast.

Seguin's contract was for 6 years at the beginning of this year yeah?

YUP! :D

jacket320

...Buffalo would have your [1999] Stanley Cup instead of you.
Woah woah woah, lets not get crazy here. It was an even series against two great teams. It was also 3OT of game 6...like deep into the 3OT, nearly the home stretch to the 4th. Even if it had been disallowed, (debatable call, though Im a fan and am not capable of an un-biased conversation on this topic) there's no way of know what would have happened in the remainder of the game - lucky breaks could have been had on both sides. Also, the series would have returned to an extremely hostile Reunion Arena for game 7. Belfour went through the best in the league for that title and he was a man of destiny; he would not be denied his cup on home ice in a potential game 7. That team was resilent, sledding through another tough season in 2000 on their way to a Presidents Trophy (memory is hazy here) and an unsuccessfull defense against the Devils and Broduer in the finals. Man, just thinking about it makes me nostalgic. What a crazy ending that year.

So my buddy who is on vacation in Hawaii was able to watch the entire Ducks game at a sports bar......and back in Canada it was pre-empted by midget hockey........SMH

Heretic

well said
that's why he's the captain!

I'll eat crow for not believing in my team that we would comeback this game.

They've proved me wrong many times this season!
Serve me a plate!

LOL!!!

We've been terrible on 4v4 all season. That's why we were terrible in OT.

Our D is young which killed us in those situations.

Either way, lots of upgrade potential this off season we have room too and with Nill doing the work, we should be able to fix his easily.

GL Ducks and Ducks-Age! Great series! Glad we could take you guys to 6!
gg, bud. hated your guts for a while there...

Ducks-age.

487138363_slide.jpg
Woooooooooooooooooooo!

LOL!

:'(

850365919.gif

I'm still amazed Bonino made this shot from so close

Roofs it!

ahahahah and then we drafted John Gibson the next year ahahahaha

Fuck you for continuing to pin that shit on the Canucks when the Bruins were just as bad and DID win

Oh and congratulations on the big win!

In my head, they DID win that series.

And thanks pal <3

Woah woah woah, lets not get crazy here. It was an even series against two great teams. It was also 3OT of game 6...like deep into the 3OT, nearly the home stretch to the 4th. Even if it had been disallowed, (debatable call, though Im a fan and am not capable of an un-biased conversation on this topic) there's no way of know what would have happened in the remainder of the game - lucky breaks could have been had on both sides. Also, the series would have returned to an extremely hostile Reunion Arena for game 7. Belfour went through the best in the league for that title and he was a man of destiny; he would not be denied his cup on home ice in a potential game 7. That team was resilent, sledding through another tough season in 2000 on their way to a Presidents Trophy (memory is hazy here) and an unsuccessfull defense against the Devils and Broduer in the finals. Man, just thinking about it makes me nostalgic. What a crazy ending that year.

You learn something new every day. I never thought of the series going that way. Then again, I didn't even watch it or follow it live at the time. All I have to go off is historic recollections.

Socreges

Banned
It's crazy to me that the best goalie in the Ducks organization could actually be John Gibson. Maybe he's good enough, right now, to lead this team through the playoffs.

But that isn't how you handle a 20 yo rookie... I guess... you don't take that risk.

Btw that 2011 2nd round class has turned out to be unusually stacked.

Heretic

It's crazy to me that the best goalie in the Ducks organization could actually be John Gibson. Maybe he's good enough, right now, to lead this team through the playoffs.

But that isn't how you handle a 20 yo rookie... I guess... you don't take that risk.

Yup. Hillsy is a FA after this and they were hoping the Ginga Ninja could handle the pressure. Stood strong but the 'yoffs are a different beast. Next round should be Hiller's, I think.

Yeah, no kidding. Saad, Nieto, Gibson, Jenner, Jurco... (I'm ignoring Grimaldi on purpose because he can go suck a fuck).

Hahaha. And we used Torontos pick to get Gibson too!

The Anaheim Ducks' first-round pick went to the Toronto Maple Leafs as the result of a trade on June 24, 2011 that sent Boston's first-round pick in 2011 (30th overall) and Toronto's second-round pick in 2011 (39th overall) to Anaheim in exchange for this pick

They picked Tyler Biggs. We picked Rakell at 30th.

The same Rakell that made that sick pass on DSPs first goal.

Yup. Hillsy is a FA after this and they were hoping the Ginga Ninja could handle the pressure. Stood strong but the 'yoffs are a different beast. Next round should be Hiller's, I think.

Weird how they balanced it and how it all worked out, but yeah, Andersen will be our starter next year.

Hiller got the fire lit up underneath him that he needed.

Dallas maybe deserved a better fate this game, but they didn't put the game out of reach when they had opportunities to do so. Breaks happen and very rarely do they "give the other team the game", plays still have to be made to get it done. Situations like the other night when Benoit wasn't called for holding on that empty net are really the only type that can change the face of the game as severely as lump is claiming that 4v4 did. Even on a 4v4 your team has an equal amount of agency to not let shit happen.

The more experienced team won the game and that's really nothing to be pissed about. Dallas could've easily been watching Phoenix suffer the same fate instead, but they got their guys some playoff experience and that's invaluable to a group like that. I am not looking forward to having to deal with them in the coming years, especially because we're in need of the same additions as they are and if we get outbid by them for any FA's I'm not going to be happy.

Also, I don't even think Dater tries with his trolling anymore.
jJoyRKGyJUV7Y.PNG

I am not, however, afraid of the Wild. Sorry, FUBAR.
I dunno man, if the Wild get passed us Cooke will be at what? 3 games left on the ban? He'll be in at least the last game of that series. Be afraid.

Solo

4 for 4 so far in my first round picks in my pool. Now I just need Colorado, Pitt, Philly and San Jose to win to complete the sweep.

Top Bottom