• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Acid08

Banned
What a steal. I think about that every time he's on the ice.

Also we palmed off Timo Pielmier too! Chest bump!

YVkwwye.jpg
Banging on the glass even when it's all over. Stars Pride™

No, that's called "observational selection" and it's a fallacy. Do we go through this whole series and match up missed penalties with penalties issued?

Hopefully in the future you have a few more playoff rounds to experience so you can see what playoff hockey is like and how it works. But not EVERYTHING will be called, otherwise the Canucks would have a Stanley Cup and Buffalo would have your 2009 Stanley Cup instead of you.

I mean, let's just focus on that for a second, your whole franchise has their first Stanley Cup based on a very terrible missed call.

Give it a rest, like literally, go rest your head and calm down. Come back when you're out of sodium and had a few glasses of Harden The Fuck Up.

It's playoffs. We get eliminated and we as men allow ourselves a golden opportunity to cry tears. But we cry because we were eliminated, not because FUCKING REFS. We then REFLECT on how good our team is and how proud we should be. And hell, maybe we should even be GRATEFUL that we were in the playoffs in the first place.

well said

kingslunk

No, that's called "observational selection" and it's a fallacy. Do we go through this whole series and match up missed penalties with penalties issued?

That's not what observational selection is. Observational selection points out favorable observations while ignoring unfavorable.

Mentioning the 1998 cup win is also a fallacy.

Good night. I'll apologize tomorrow for being salty. I don't take playoff losses too well.

Let him be salty

You were salty just the other day for ONE loss, Dastardly :p

Either way, I went into these playoffs super happy that we made it this far and the amount of young talent the Stars have is insane.

Can't wait for the future. It's going to be awesome for the Dallas Stars.

Marvie_3

Banned

Hopefully in the future you have a few more playoff rounds to experience so you can see what playoff hockey is like and how it works. But not EVERYTHING will be called, otherwise the Canucks would have a Stanley Cup and Buffalo would have your 2009 Stanley Cup instead of you.

I mean, let's just focus on that for a second, your whole franchise has their first Stanley Cup based on a very terrible missed call.

Give it a rest, like literally, go rest your head and calm down. Come back when you're out of sodium and had a few glasses of Harden The Fuck Up.

It's playoffs. We get eliminated and we as men allow ourselves a golden opportunity to cry tears. But we cry because we were eliminated, not because FUCKING REFS. We then REFLECT on how good our team is and how proud we should be. And hell, maybe we should even be GRATEFUL that we were in the playoffs in the first place.

Daaamn

Giggzy

I'll eat crow for not believing in my team that we would comeback this game.

They've proved me wrong many times this season!

tr0X888.jpg

That's not what observational selection is. Observational selection points out favorable observations while ignoring unfavorable.

Mentioning the 1998 cup win is also a fallacy.

Good night. I'll apologize tomorrow for being salty. I don't take playoff losses too well.

It's a good thing for you that the Stars don't get too many postseason appearances then.

Goodnight.

Let him be salty

You were salty just the other day for ONE loss, Dastardly :p

Either way, I went into these playoffs super happy that we made it this far and the amount of young talent the Stars have is insane.

Can't wait for the future. It's going to be awesome for the Dallas Stars.

Exactly. Then I got it out, had a glass of Harden The Fuck Up and came back level-headed. As I'm sure our boy is doing.

Dallas have a goddamn good squad and there's a lot to appreciate about them. There's a reason I was really worried about landing you guys in the first series.

Watching the end of the game again on Hockeystreams.

That was roughing. Chiasson kinda throws a punch but misses, Cogs shoved him. Then refs came in to break it up. If that was a fight no one got their monies worth.

If anything 4 on 4 favors Dallas with all that speed they have

Cake Boss

Banned
Last post of the night. I need to stop being salty. The whole series the referees calls have favored the ducks. The game misconduct on Garbutt and not Perry. The happy whistle in game 1 when the puck was clearly still moving. The lack of slashing on Gonchar in game 2. The lack of boarding call tonight. The ambiguous call on cole tonight. And the worst of the night: ambiguous line on what roughing and fighting is. I love sports that have lack of clarity for rules. NFL with pass interfence. NBA with fouls. I don't think Anaheim even pulls their goalie if it was 5v5.

Good night and GG ducks gaf. Good luck in the playoffs

Fuck refs.

Mallard_nose.gif

Last post of the night. I need to stop being salty. The whole series the referees calls have favored the ducks. The game misconduct on Garbutt and not Perry. The happy whistle in game 1 when the puck was clearly still moving. The lack of slashing on Gonchar in game 2. The lack of boarding call tonight. The ambiguous call on cole tonight. And the worst of the night: ambiguous line on what roughing and fighting is. I love sports that have lack of clarity for rules. NFL with pass interfence. NBA with fouls. I don't think Anaheim even pulls their goalie if it was 5v5.

Good night and GG ducks gaf. Good luck in the playoffs

Fuck refs.

image.php

ZeroGravity

Yeah I don't think you can complain about the refs too much tonight. They gave the Stars a bunch of opportunities to ice the game, and they couldn't do it.

We've been terrible on 4v4 all season. That's why we were terrible in OT.

Our D is young which killed us in those situations.

Either way, lots of upgrade potential this off season we have room too and with Nill doing the work, we should be able to fix his easily.

GL Ducks and Ducks-Age! Great series! Glad we could take you guys to 6!

Greg Beacham ‏@gregbeacham 12m
A California NHL team is now guaranteed to make the Western Conference finals for the 9th time in the last 11 seasons.

California: State of Hockey.

We've been terrible on 4v4 all season. That's why we were terrible in OT.

Our D is young which killed us in those situations.

Either way, lots of upgrade potential this off season we have room too and with Nill doing the work, we should be able to fix his easily.

GL Ducks and Ducks-Age! Great series! Glad we could take you guys to 6!

Hope you guys don't retool too much. You guys have a great squad as is. But yeah some veteran skilled D would be a good start.

kingslunk

Being from CO I'm going to root for the avs the rest of the playoffs, if they get dropped I'll root for the ducks since they took out the stars.

Sorry for the massive amounts of NaCl.

I'll be more mature acting in the future.

GG ducks hell of a series .

Top Bottom