• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

UberTag

As a Bruins fan that painfully remembers the Flyers series from 4 years ago, San Jose fans have my sympathies.

The Jackets loss tonight knocked 3 more teams out of the perfect bracket sweepstakes (including myself).
21 brackets remain untainted as of right now. Will be interesting to see which ones escape the 1st round unscathed.

Socreges

Banned
6a00cdf7e406c6094f00fa96a5d88b0003.jpg
shark-6442104.jpg

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I think the Shorks will win game 7. They've only lost one of their three home games in this series.

Zeppeli

Banned
I think the Shorks will win game 7. They've only lost one of their three home games in this series.

Doubt it. Their momentum is completely gone and the Kings are in their heads. I think game 7 will be another close one until the third where Niemi will collapse.

Kinda bullshit of Roy to put out McLeod and Bordeleau with 15 seconds leftin the game. Guy knew exactly what he was trying to do.

Otherwise PARISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Cat Party

All of my teams are fucking up right now.

Sharks? fuck
Timbers? fuck
Everton? fuck
49ers? been a few months now, but fuck

fuck

FUCK

Thinking about it, how the hell did the Kings even get out of the second tied? 5 -3, immediate PP afterward, and like six minutes of exhausted players after that? Sharks needed to score there. It was the best they looked all night and the Kings were gassed.

AcridMeat

Banned
All of my teams are fucking up right now.

Sharks? fuck
Timbers? fuck
Everton? fuck
49ers? been a few months now, but fuck

fuck

FUCK
Sharks and Warriors seem to have traded places. Now the Warriors threaten to take back their series while the Sharks are cooked. :(
I've been wondering for the past couple of games. He looks injured out there.
Yeah pretty sad to see. Not the same as he's been all year.

Zeppeli

Banned
You could say all the exact same things about the Canucks that year yet they pulled it out. The Sharks could too.

The 2011 Canucks were a better team than the 2014 Sharks, and the 2011 Blackhawks were a worse team than the 2014 Kings. I can't see it happening.

Acid08

Banned
The 2011 Canucks were a better team than the 2014 Sharks, and the 2011 Blackhawks were a worse team than the 2014 Kings. I can't see it happening.
But this Sharks team is not worse than the Kings. It's Game 7 with tons of pride on the line. Regardless of what you think their mental state is they're now playing with their backs up against the wall like the Kings have been for the last three games. Our core has been here before too, 2011 Detroit series which they won after dropping the 3-0 lead.

Canucks could've lost Game 7 in 2011. But thankfully we have Chris Campoli to thank for that. He should be in the Ring of Honour.

It'll come down to goaltending. Niemi should start and he needs to outplay Quick.

The 2011 Canucks were deeper and more talented in almost every respect

I'd give the forwards edge to the Sharks (especially without Malhotra) but the Canucks had a deeper defence. Goaltending is a tossup; I'd take Luongo any day but Niemi has a Cup.

Zeppeli

Banned
On defense and in goal, sure. Don't think so for forwards.

It's arguable. 4th line San Jose definitely has an edge, though.

Canucks could've lost Game 7 in 2011. But thankfully we have Chris Campoli to thank for that. He should be in the Ring of Honour.

It'll come down to goaltending. Niemi should start and he needs to outplay Quick.

I'd give the forwards edge to the Sharks (especially without Malhotra) but the Canucks had a deeper defence. Goaltending is a tossup; I'd take Luongo any day but Niemi has a Cup.

The Canucks also had Schneider to fall back on, and I could have won a cup as a goaltender for the 2010 Chicago team. They were that good. :lol

Top Bottom