• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Quick

Banned
Don't mess with dead shorks! "That makes my blood boil!"

Perfect time to put the shark fin in the pot.

In this late hour, I'm truly impressed that the Queens were able to stretch this series to 7 games. Go Shorks!

1jRP8KE.gif

I wish to subscribe to this newsletter.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I would put chapter 5 of Heretic's "Act Like a Lady, Simp Like a Man" to use by charming her with compliments on her ability to bend.

The books written by this group are truly works to be remembered. I hope I can one day stretch my ideas into a full length feature, though I lack the simp knowledge of our buddy Heretic.

mE9lFeV.gif

Spike

Takes me back to 2009. I think that was Mii's avatar as well. I didn't even have a GAF account... And now I live in the NHL threads

I posted this pic way back during the 2008 playoffs. Sad to see that it is still a thing all these years later. I thought for sure the Sharks would have won a cup by now...

Acid08

Banned
I posted this pic way back during the 2008 playoffs. Sad to see that it is still a thing all these years later. I thought for sure the Sharks would have won a cup by now...
As soon as DW figures out how to build a defense we will!

nah

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pavelski would rake in a pretty massive return if he was ever moved, I eagerly await Gaming_Noob's trade proposal for him.

Because we don't need more right side D right now and he's more valuable as a forward. Also he wasn't good at defense.

The irony is we got him for D. I was always baffled by that since like you said, he wasn't very good at it every time I saw him play. I was even more surprised when he turned out to be a pretty good forward and we actually got usage out of him.

Ah.

Could see Pavelski going in the summer if they collapse.

Nah, I don't think we'll get rid of Pavs. There will be other cuts first.

Acid08

Banned
The irony is we got him for D. I was always baffled by that since like you said, he wasn't very good at it every time I saw him play. I was even more surprised when he turned out to be a pretty good forward and we actually got usage out of him.

Nah, I don't think we'll get rid of Pavs. There will be other cuts first.
I don't even know what changes I'd want at this point. Right now I'd say DW and the coaching staff are first on the chopping block. Can't imagine ownership is too happy with them after years of this same shit.

DW fucked up hard this year by not acquiring another left side defenseman. There's no way that both Hannan and Stuart should be playing at the same time when we're healthy. Hannan is at least solid but Stuart has been straight up awful this entire year. I blame Robinson a lot for that though, he's so fucking obsessed with playing our old, slow veterans more than Vlasic. And I wouldn't even be mad if Boyle's time was done here after this season. Love the guy but he has lost a big step and doesn't deserve the multi-year deal he's asking for. This year is supposed to be a weak draft and I fucking hope DW decides to use our 1st to acquire a good top 4 puck moving defenseman.

Really frustrated with this team right now. Some guys are just not firing on all cylinders like they need to be. Pavs, Thornton, Couture, Wingels, Demers, Stuart, Boyle, Niemi, Burns. Lots of guys not playing as well as they should be and there's no way you're winning shit with that much talent underperforming. But whatever they'll lolchoke again and the entire league will laugh and we'll all be left wondering why we even still support this garbage.

Solo

WTF Shorks. I had you to win the Cup, and now you're about to become the 4th team in NHL history to blow a 3-0 series lead?

Serves me right to have put faith in the biggest chokers of the past decade :(

shrks pls. Don't fuck this up.

Quick

Banned
The books written by this group are truly works to be remembered. I hope I can one day stretch my ideas into a full length feature, though I lack the simp knowledge of our buddy Heretic.

http://i.imgur.com/mE9lFeV.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I can't wait for his next book, to further stretch out his simp game.

[quote="Roflobear, post: 109904044"]Does this come before or after I buy her luxury goods in the hopes my money will earn her affection?[/QUOTE]

That'll be chapter 10: "CREAM - Cash Rules Everything Around M'lady"

WTF Shorks. I had you to win the Cup, and now you're about to become the 4th team in NHL history to blow a 3-0 series lead?

Shorks are like the Blues children. Making all the same mistakes. 0-38 in the 'yoffs is your inheritance.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 9h
Fleury: “I was kind of going, and then I changed my mind – maybe I should stay. And then I thought , maybe I should go … and just show ..."

"... that (the puck) doesn’t always bounce over your stick. Then I thought, ‘I don’t need to show anybody. Just get back in the net.'"

That Fleury quote amuses me greatly. It may well scare the hell out of #Pens fans. Sounds like an overcaffeinated squirrel making decisions.

lulz

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers are 0-11 in their last 11 playoff games in which they've held a series lead.

Surely that means nothing for tonight's game.

Surely.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wednesday's schedule, for those curious:

Flyers at Rangers - Game 7 - 7 pm ET
Wild at Avalanche - Game 7 - 9:30 pm ET
Kings at Sharks - Game 7 - 10 pm ET

ShaneB

Same, they were my pick when I made my bracket. I should've known better!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tim Panaccio ✔ @tpanotchCSN
Gill with Streit so far. Gustafsson appears scratched

Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull
“@davegisaac: Gill still with Streit and Hartnell still on the top line.”

Flyers appear to be going with same lineup as G5. I would have used Gus.

giphydcje0.gif

Gill with Streit so far. Gustafsson appears scratched

“@davegisaac: Gill still with Streit and Hartnell still on the top line.”

Flyers appear to be going with same lineup as G5. I would have used Gus.

giphydcje0.gif

Goddamnit Chief!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 1m
Looks like Gustafsson is replacing Hal Gill for #Flyers. Gustaffson talked as Gill stayed on late

Surprise. Gustafsson is IN even though Gill took prax shifts.

Chief apparently didn't want Rangers to see much of Gus in drills.

Nooooooooooooooooez

Top Bottom