• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

TrueGrime

Question. Is there a rule that states the puck should always be in motion? I know that if the guys tie it up on the boards then the ref would blow the whistle. What if a team decided not to forecheck the team with the puck and the team with the puck just held it in their zone. Would that constitute a delay of game?

Brown has been a Messier Award finalist three years in a row now.

I understood 2011 but didn't agree with it.

2012 I thought was Messier being a nostalgic idiot.

2013 it became hilarious.

2014 it's now even more hilarious because he's an even bigger piece of shit.

Question. Is there a rule that states the puck should always be in motion? I know that if the guys tie it up on the boards then the ref would blow the whistle. What if a team decided not to forecheck the team with the puck and the team with the puck just held it in their zone. Would that constitute a delay of game?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=380075

Quick

Banned
I remember this. He simply held it until the ref blew that whistle. However, what if the two defensemen simply passed the puck back and forth to each other?

Refs probably would've blown it dead anyway. There isn't a time limit on staying on your zone, but the refs would've realized what they were doing and just call a face off.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 37m
#CBJ R.J. Umberger played through a broken finger, separated shoulder and herniated disc. Lower body is fine, he joked.

Yikes.

Sanjuro

So, the Ultimate Warrior theme has played a few times since his death at Bruins home games. I was trying to see what the crowd reaction was from the last game when it happened and supposedly this guy got fan of the game.

9yomsNO.jpg
6hQWeFT.jpg

Mii

Banned
Takes me back to 2009. I think that was Mii's avatar as well. I didn't even have a GAF account... And now I live in the NHL threads

If there is ever a good time for deadshark.jpgs, it would be now.

Time to open up my stash.

I'm going to need to resize the OG deadshark for the 'new' avatar size standards first though, bbl.

Curufinwe

Bill Meltzer ‏@billmeltzer 3h
Gill taking line rushes paired with Streit.

qSPQU.gif

Bill Meltzer ‏@billmeltzer 1h
Gustafsson is in tonight.

zqYpB.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 37m
#CBJ R.J. Umberger played through a broken finger, separated shoulder and herniated disc. Lower body is fine, he joked.

Yikes.

Hockey players. Different breed I tell ya.

Any time something like this comes up in hockey (i.e. once a week) I always recall the time Mo Vaughn sustained a season-ending injury jogging from the pitcher's mound to home plate. Edit: Sorry, I typed home plate when I meant first base.

Cat Party

DGB posted some mind-blowing stats today. A first round sweep is a death sentence for the winner. At least since the cap was put in place. Rest is inversely proportional to success in the second round. Only 2 of 8 teams to pull off first round sweeps have advanced past the second round, and neither won the cup.

Todd McLellan is a genius.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Just purchased Game 1, 2, and 7 tickets for round 2. I'm excite

How did you get tickets for Game 1 and 2? The site has been telling me there are none available since 10:00.

Scratch that, I just tried again and now it is letting me go through. Must have just been slow in getting them up or something.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So, the Ultimate Warrior theme has played a few times since his death at Bruins home games. I was trying to see what the crowd reaction was from the last game when it happened and supposedly this guy got fan of the game.
I have a friend who has dressed as a Bruins/Warrior combo to games in the past. I don't know why. I'm guessing most teams have numerous wrestling-inspired super fans.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Aside from the Flyers in 2010 and Blackhawks in 2011, who were the other teams that have forced a Game 7 in recent years after trailing 0-3? Didn't two teams in one season do it a couple of years ago? Red Wings against the Sharks, and someone else?

Weird how it's only happened nine times EVER and like half of those have come in the last few years.

Aside from the Flyers in 2010 and Blackhawks in 2011, who were the other teams that have forced a Game 7 in recent years after trailing 0-3? Didn't two teams in one season do it a couple of years ago? Red Wings against the Sharks, and someone else?

Weird how it's only happened nine times EVER and like half of those have come in the last few years.

Colorado came close against San Jose once on two consecutive Sakic OT goals.

But then Cheechoo went ham in game 6.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Good. I thought the commissioner might go easy on him since they're recorded remarks that could've been doctored.

He interviewed Sterling in person, and he admitted it was legit. Silver also called for the owners to vote to force the Clippers to be sold, requires a 3/4 majority to pass. Fascinating to see a league commissioner with some balls.

Meanwhile, this day is taking FUCKING FOREVER. Is it game time yet?

Acid08

Banned
DGB posted some mind-blowing stats today. A first round sweep is a death sentence for the winner. At least since the cap was put in place. Rest is inversely proportional to success in the second round. Only 2 of 8 teams to pull off first round sweeps have advanced past the second round, and neither won the cup.

Todd McLellan is a genius.
RIP Habs.

iLLmAtlc

I kinda wonder whether this ban would survive a legal challenge tbh.

In California it's a crime for even for private citizens to record someone without their permission, so this ban could be based on illegally obtained evidence.

The other side of it is by being an nba owner he accepts its rules and punishments. I'm just not sure if banning someone based on illegal evidence is covered by the by laws and if not they could be overstepping their power.

Samyy

Done all my interviews and shit, looking forward to just lying and watching some goddamn hockey tonight.

Fucking sharks come on :(

Top Bottom