• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You would think they would find something else to talk about at this point. Maybe talk about how he won the Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award or something. Anything.
:lol or how Pouliot has somehow become one of their most important players. Not sure if that's AV's effect on him or if he's finally just matured as a player.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
:lol or how Pouliot has somehow become one of their most important players. Not sure if that's AV's effect on him or if he's finally just matured as a player.

AV took Pouliot aside early in the season and basically told him you only get to fuck up so many times before you stop getting chances to play on the NHL level. That was early in the season when he was utter garbage along with Taylor Pyatt (whose useless ass is currently sitting in the Penguins' press box). Shortly after that the Brassard line was formed and began to click, and he's been a different player ever since.

zroid

Banned
The Raptors have been embarrassing so far tonight so it's nice that I can flip to hockey and watch the Peens get curbstomped

Velcro Fly

They should have drafted Toews instead of Staal. Imagine that team.

But yeah they suck and aren't winning this series. This isn't news!

Red_Man

AV took Pouliot aside early in the season and basically told him you only get to fuck up so many times before you stop getting chances to play on the NHL level. That was early in the season when he was utter garbage along with Taylor Pyatt (whose useless ass is currently sitting in the Penguins' press box). Shortly after that the Brassard line was formed and began to click, and he's been a different player ever since.
Message must have finally got through to him, it was pretty obvious he was running out of teams to hop too. I was never a fan of him, but good for him for getting his game back on track.

Did you know Ryan McDonagh was acquired from Montreal for Scott Gomez?

Not sure if you've heard.
I didn't know that, but thankfully McGuire will remind me 6 times in the next week!

Oh god I totally forgot that the Pens took Staal ahead of the Hawks taking Toews. Not enough lulz in the world for that.

Yeah, but does Toews become the same player if he played behind Crosby and Malkin?

Could have probably traded one of Malkin or Toews for Weber though.

Solo

Yeah, but is Toews the same player if he plays behind Crosby and Malkin?

Could have probably traded one of Malkin or Toews for Weber though.

In a theoretical situation of Malkin/Crosby/Toews landing in PIT in 2004/2005/2006, surely one of them would have been converted to a winger. Probably Malkin.

Red_Man

Centers are worth more than wingers, one of them would have been moved. Probably Malkin. A 1-2 punch of Crosby-Toews would have been other worldly.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Weak play by Brassard to let Stempniak right in. Nice play, though.

That's the problem with playing the Penguins. The second you let up even a little bit defensively, they can slice you up.

Top Bottom