• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
John Amirante is funny because he fluctuates pretty wildly in quality. On nights when he's on, he's pretty damn good. He's been pretty terrible much more frequently recently, though. :D

He actually doesn't do the anthems all that often during the regular season anymore. If I had to guess I'd say he probably only did about a third of the games this season. Getting too old for this shit, I guess.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Props to Neely for coming out and saying those things about the racist remarks. Maybe he should address the throwing garbage next.

I have a feeling we're going to hear some booing of a certain national anthem Game 3.
I'd be pretty surprised to be honest. Although with certain Quebece extremists, anything is possible.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Props to Neely for coming out and saying those things about the racist remarks. Maybe he should address the throwing garbage next.

I'd be pretty surprised to be honest. Although with certain Quebece extremists, anything is possible.

With all the shit surrounding Subban it wouldn't surprised me to hear the Habs fans in the Bell Centre do it as "payback". Even a couple hundred people doing it could make it on TV depending on how quiet the rest of the Arena is regardless.

If anyone on Boston does anything really dirty in game two I'd say we'd definitely hear it.

Red_Man

I can't even remember the last time it happened, Hab fan base is one of the most knowledgeable ones, I think they'll just boo Lucic & Chara like usual instead. I hope so anyways, don't stoop down to Boston's level, which would be hard to do.

Sanjuro

I can't even remember the last time it happened, Hab fan base is one of the most knowledgeable ones, I think they'll just boo Lucic & Chara like usual instead. I hope so anyways, don't stoop down to Boston's level, which would be hard to do.

Trolling.

MacAttack

Media coverage of the racists tweets has been pretty despicable.

Using inflammatory, incorrect and misleading statements to drive traffic instead of reporting facts and addressing the larger issues at hand.

Doesn't excuse the people who made those tweets but the way the media has acted is pretty transparent in its motives. (hint: $$$)

Sanjuro

Media coverage of the racists tweets has been pretty despicable.

Using inflammatory, incorrect and misleading statements to drive traffic instead of reporting facts and addressing the larger issues at hand.

Doesn't excuse the people who made those tweets but the way the media has acted is pretty transparent in its motives. (hint: $$$)

Based on the responses from people viewing those articles, the responses are just as transparent.

Basically, fear the future/present.

Solo

Who ever would have guessed before the playoffs that our best line would be Bourque-Eller-Gio? Fucking LOL.

Eller: 5GP, 2G, 4A, 6PTS, +6
Bourque: 5GP, 4G, 1A, 5PTS, +6
Gio: 5GP, 1G, 3A, 4PTS, +5

Combined: 5GP, 7G, 8A, 15PTS, +17

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Who ever would have guessed before the playoffs that our best line would be Bourque-Eller-Gio? Fucking LOL.

Eller: 5GP, 2G, 4A, 6PTS, +6
Bourque: 5GP, 4G, 1A, 5PTS, +6
Gio: 5GP, 1G, 3A, 4PTS, +5

Combined: 5GP, 7G, 8A, 15PTS, +17

They looked so good against Boston, well Gio less so.

Red_Man

Eller's transformation is pretty remarkable after the season he had, he looks like he did in the series against Ottawa before he got crushed. It will make things interesting this off season, seeing as Bergevin will have to make a move with one or more of the centers.

I also found this interesting, Therrien said this in the post game last night:

We have a group young leaders like Subban, Desharnais, Pacioretty and Price. They're becoming young leaders

Seems like he's pointing out the core which includes Desharnais and not Eller for whatever that's worth, and would seem to indicate Desharnais isn't going anywhere.

Solo

Just watched the HNIC Habs/Bs opening montage that I missed last night. God tier. Got some mega chills during it (especially seeing the Zednik 2002 hit again). That montage alone shows why its the best rivarlry in sports.

zychi

Banned
Ordered my deep dish, got an old style, and am freezing my ass off from the wind and rain in May. Can't get more Chicago then this.
I dont do predictions...so lets go hawks!

Top Bottom