• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Alucard

Banned
Series over for Rangers. They're gassed.

Pens in 5.

cage_bliss.gif

Hope you're right.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd feel more sorry that he has to go back there the next day after getting shelled like that. They better hope he's not tired by tomorrow.

This happens literally every year. People talk about Hank's record in the playoffs like it's his fault. Lundqvist was clearly the superior goaltender tonight, but the other guy gets a SO and he gets an L. Story of his career.

This happens literally every year. People talk about Hank's record in the playoffs like it's his fault. Lundqvist was clearly the superior goaltender tonight, but the other guy gets a SO and he gets an L. Story of his career.

Oh, I know. That's why I always think it's funny when people say that his stats aren't even that good, why do ranger fans make such a big deal over him. He's been forced to stand on his head for years, at least now there's some shot blocking and such. A couple years ago the defense would just watch him get shelled all night.

cube444

It's amazing how easy they made it for Fleury tonight.

tch

Nice complete game by the Pens tonight. Gibbons and Vitale looked great. I'd like to see Gibbons and Crosby back together. Hank was unreal tonight in no way was the loss his fault. Crazy the Rangers will be playing their 7th game in 10 days tomorrow

Where the fuck is Rick Nash? If the Rangers best players (other than Henrik) consistently played to half of their ability we'd be kings of the fucking world.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Why not try this at this point?

JT - Step - Nash
Hags - Richards - MSL

That "top" line SUCKS right now. Theres no way to mix words.
Richards and St. Louis are garbage together, though.

Hagelin-Stepan-MSL
Miller-Richards-Nash

Well...Richards and Nash are garbage together, too...

Shit.

Richards and St. Louis are garbage together, though.

Hagelin-Stepan-MSL
Miller-Richards-Nash

Well...Richards and Nash are garbage together, too...

Shit.

Either or at this point. But they gotta switch it up, it's just not working.

Might not even matter, after tomorrow they'll be running on nothing but fumes

I just got home from the game. I was four rows behind the net. I don't think I can watch hockey the same way again.

nAsMvPn.jpg

Pretty dope. I had front row seats behind the glass on the side once. Lucky break as the seller put it on Stubhub for $100 and I jumped on the chance. She said it was up for a couple minutes and I swooped in.

Only thing I don't like is when the action is away from your side of the ice, harder to see what's going on. Never got seats that close again

Is there a duck gif for every occasion or something?

Not every occasion but many occasions. I think we can expand it to swans as well.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, just for good measure, that's the 8th straight Game 2 that the Rangers have lost.

That's gotta be some kind of record, right? I mean, what are the odds?

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Meant to post this here but by accident posted it in the off-season thread.

"Two weeks in the slammer has been hell. So many things I've wanted to say. First things first. I've always thought my dislike for the Maple Leafs came from a place of logic and reason, and that somewhere in my past, the Leafs must have done something to cause my general dislike of them. I realise now I don't dislike the Leafs because of anything inherently wrong with them, I grew to dislike them because my siblings liked them. I've been doing a little soul searching these past few weeks, and I've come to the realisation that can't just hate on a team and their fan base out of pure spite towards my siblings. So this is me offering up an olive branch to Leafs Gaf. A sorta of mutual respect for each other and an offering of peace.

I have to thank the city of Boston, the Bruins, and their fan base for helping me on this journey of discovery and enlightenment. Without them I don't think I would have ever seen the light. These past few weeks, watching both the Detroit and now Habs series with the Bruins, a new feeling washed over me. As this emotional state slowly took hold, I paused a moment to reflect. If this feeling was what I assumed it was, then surely it and what I felt towards the Leafs couldn't have come from the same reservoir of dislike, could they?

One night, after catching a replay of a magnificent adaptation of the Nutcracker courtesy of the Boston Bruins, I realised there are two types of things in this world; there are superficial things that are only really cosmetic and don't mean much, and then there are real things that come from that inner place in every human being called the gut. How I felt towards the Leafs came from a juvenile place, a superficial place, a place that I didn't really have any real excuse to hold onto. But this dislike that was now following freely through my veins, this was the real deal. It was as if I was living in a state of fogginess, and only now did the haze lift and I could see clearly for the first time in my life. I knew who the real enemy was. The true enemy that every Habs fan was warned of when they were still a small child.

At that moment I recalled something my father told me when I was really young, something I had long forgotten but in the clear mind I was in now, had come rushing back to memory. It was soon after my brother was born and we had now lived in Toronto for a few years, and as we sat father and son watching Hockey Night in Canada, he turned to me and said:

"This city is now our home, and both your brother and sister were born here. But for you and I, we always remain loyal to a different city. The city that took us in when your mother, myself and you as baby first came to this beautiful country; the city of Montreal. One day, your siblings will break your heart when they take to the Blue and White, but it is in their blood to do so, and I only ask that you refrain from judging them too harshly. For you, there can only ever be the Blue, the White, and the Red of the Montreal Canadiens. But be wary my son, for out there in the shadows, peering from behind dark, sinister eyes, lays the true bane of all Habs fans. He is called the Bruin, and to know him is to know true evil itself"

Now considering that this was a long forgotten childhood memory, my hyper imaginative mind may have filled in details that were lost, with things that may have never been said by my father. But I would like to believe that the gist of it was true to what he really did say, and that what he was attempting to communicate to me was the age old Habs adage, "Fuck the Bruins." Yep, after all these years, the clarity of it all hit me like a bag of bricks. The Leafs? They were a childhood distraction of mine, and for the first time, looking at my sister's Kessel jersey didn't send me into a laughing fit. I had bigger fish to fry, and the Leafs could wait. Boston, oh it's on baby.

Now for the rest of what I've been trying to say these past weeks.

Colorado: Absolutely gutted for you guys. Patrick Roy did an amazing job turning that team around, and I would have liked to have seen him and the team go deeper in the playoffs. You guys have a solid group of young players, so I'm expecting to see a lot of good things in the future for that team.

San Jose: Pity is the only thing that comes to mind with these guys. It's as if they are cursed or something.

Pittsburgh: Dude what's up with Crosby? No goals in what is it now, 12 games or so?

Detroit: Was rooting for you guys to beat the Bruins. Hopefully next year we can go back to seeing some of that Red Wings swagger you guys used to have.

Watching the Habs has been an absolute delight these playoffs, and Subban beasting it in the face of all this bullshit, puts a smile on my face. But there's a lot more work ahead, so time to bunker down and Go Habs Go."

MacAttack

Meant to post this here but by accident posted it in the off-season thread.

"Two weeks in the slammer has been hell. So many things I've wanted to say. First things first. I've always thought my dislike for the Maple Leafs came from a place of logic and reason, and that somewhere in my past, the Leafs must have done something to cause my general dislike of them. I realise now I don't dislike the Leafs because of anything inherently wrong with them, I grew to dislike them because my siblings liked them. I've been doing a little soul searching these past few weeks, and I've come to the realisation that can't just hate on a team and their fan base out of pure spite towards my siblings. So this is me offering up an olive branch to Leafs Gaf. A sorta of mutual respect for each other and an offering of peace.

I have to thank the city of Boston, the Bruins, and their fan base for helping me on this journey of discovery and enlightenment. Without them I don't think I would have ever seen the light. These past few weeks, watching both the Detroit and now Habs series with the Bruins, a new feeling washed over me. As this emotional state slowly took hold, I paused a moment to reflect. If this feeling was what I assumed it was, then surely it and what I felt towards the Leafs couldn't have come from the same reservoir of dislike, could they?

One night, after catching a replay of a magnificent adaptation of the Nutcracker courtesy of the Boston Bruins, I realised there are two types of things in this world; there are superficial things that are only really cosmetic and don't mean much, and then there are real things that come from that inner place in every human being called the gut. How I felt towards the Leafs came from a juvenile place, a superficial place, a place that I didn't really have any real excuse to hold onto. But this dislike that was now following freely through my veins, this was the real deal. It was as if I was living in a state of fogginess, and only now did the haze lift and I could see clearly for the first time in my life. I knew who the real enemy was. The true enemy that every Habs fan was warned of when they were still a small child.

At that moment I recalled something my father told me when I was really young, something I had long forgotten but in the clear mind I was in now, had come rushing back to memory. It was soon after my brother was born and we had now lived in Toronto for a few years, and as we sat father and son watching Hockey Night in Canada, he turned to me and said:

"This city is now our home, and both your brother and sister were born here. But for you and I, we always remain loyal to a different city. The city that took us in when your mother, myself and you as baby first came to this beautiful country; the city of Montreal. One day, your siblings will break your heart when they take to the Blue and White, but it is in their blood to do so, and I only ask that you refrain from judging them too harshly. For you, there can only ever be the Blue, the White, and the Red of the Montreal Canadiens. But be wary my son, for out there in the shadows, peering from behind dark, sinister eyes, lays the true bane of all Habs fans. He is called the Bruin, and to know him is to know true evil itself"

Now considering that this was a long forgotten childhood memory, my hyper imaginative mind may have filled in details that were lost, with things that may have never been said by my father. But I would like to believe that the gist of it was true to what he really did say, and that what he was attempting to communicate to me was the age old Habs adage, "Fuck the Bruins." Yep, after all these years, the clarity of it all hit me like a bag of bricks. The Leafs? They were a childhood distraction of mine, and for the first time, looking at my sister's Kessel jersey didn't send me into a laughing fit. I had bigger fish to fry, and the Leafs could wait. Boston, oh it's on baby.

Now for the rest of what I've been trying to say these past weeks.

Colorado: Absolutely gutted for you guys. Patrick Roy did an amazing job turning that team around, and I would have liked to have seen him and the team go deeper in the playoffs. You guys have a solid group of young players, so I'm expecting to see a lot of good things in the future for that team.

San Jose: Pity is the only thing that comes to mind with these guys. It's as if they are cursed or something.

Pittsburgh: Dude what's up with Crosby? No goals in what is it now, 12 games or so?

Detroit: Was rooting for you guys to beat the Bruins. Hopefully next year we can go back to seeing some of that Red Wings swagger you guys used to have.

Watching the Habs has been an absolute delight these playoffs, and Subban beasting it in the face of all this bullshit, puts a smile on my face. But there's a lot more work ahead, so time to bunker down and Go Habs Go."
tl;dr
9GDxFVw.gif

TrueGrime

I looked up the schedule this morning expecting a Habs/Bruins game tonight and saw none. Made me especially angry that the Rangers are playing back to back games and other teams are getting two days off.

Giggzy

Ducks need to win tonight.. We played great Saturday just didn't lace up our scoring boots tight enough. I can't take much more of this shit talk from band wagoners at work!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Blame the Bell Center. They have a concert tonight.

Every series is getting 2 days between either games 2 and 3 or games 3 and 4. Except for NYR-PIT.

The alleged reason is that because there's a Liberty game on Thursday and a Billy Joel concert on Friday they couldn't fit in the game. Which sounds kinda like bullshit to me because the Liberty game is at 11 am. They could easily have the arena set for an evening playoff game, and I don't think they need 24+ hours to set up for Billy Joel.

TrueGrime

Every series is getting 2 days between either games 2 and 3 or games 3 and 4. Except for NYR-PIT.

The alleged reason is that because there's a Liberty game on Thursday and a Billy Joel concert on Friday they couldn't fit in the game. Which sounds kinda like bullshit to me because the Liberty game is at 11 am. They could easily have the arena set for an evening playoff game, and I don't think they need 24+ hours to set up for Billy Joel.

Blame the Bell Center. They have a concert tonight.

Fucking concert messing up a very important playoff schedule.

Top Bottom