• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Does MSG have any Billy Joel banners?

I know Nassau and the Mohegan Sun Arena both have them. I'm always amazed.

Billy Joel's the 4th Madison Square Garden franchise along with the Rangers, Knicks, and Liberty! Of course he does!

tS5Hpxu.jpg

For some reason I can't find a picture of the new version of Billy Joel's banner that they put up this season, so here's Elton John's instead.

6rjChwP.jpg

NHL 15 Cover Vote: TJ Oshie, PK Subban, Phil Kessel, Erik Karlsson, Patrice Bergeron, Matt Duchene, Drew Doughty, Logan Couture

I gotta go with Oshie, but Kessel(llll) would be hilarious.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'll buy 15 copies if Subban lands it

Edit: Holy shit, Ferraro is in the game. That's pretty sick.

Aw man, why they gotta stick Subban against Kessel in the first round of the cover vote?

Quick

Banned
Edit: Holy shit, Ferraro is in the game. That's pretty sick.

So, they'll finally have three people doing commentary?

When I saw the feature list mentioning the NHL on NBC presentation, I immediately thought of a virtual Pierre McGuire jacking off between the benches.

Red_Man

So, they'll finally have three people doing commentary?

When I saw the feature list mentioning the NHL on NBC presentation, I immediately thought of a virtual Pierre McGuire jacking off between the benches.
They have Doc and Olczyk doing the main commentary, it's a pretty big upgrade that's much needed.

Anyone who doesn't vote for Subban is a racist.
It's true.

Red_Man

Good news : Prust is out and White draws in tomorrow

Bad news : Bourque missed practice with the flu

Horrific news: Murray is drawing in for Bouillon tomorrow

Solo

I will be there......I have an ominous feeling. Whether its Habs or Bruins, I feel like someone is getting shelled.

NHL 15 Cover Vote: TJ Oshie, PK Subban, Phil Kessel, Erik Karlsson, Patrice Bergeron, Matt Duchene, Drew Doughty, Logan Couture

I gotta go with Oshie, but Kessel(llll) would be hilarious.

I gotta think Kessel won't make it, the box would be bigger and cost several times as much in order to fit him in.

Solo

I feel whoever wins game 3 will take the series.

Probable.

I'm just mostly concerned with how the Habs will come out. Will it be a continuation of the shellshocked team from the third period of Game 2, or the team that played the first 5 and a half games these playoffs?

Red_Man

Probable.

I'm just mostly concerned with how the Habs will come out. Will it be a continuation of the shellshocked team from the third period of Game 2, or the team that played the first 5 and a half games these playoffs?
They've had a lot of ups and downs over the season and have always come up well. It's time to see what kind of team they really are. I won't be surprised if it's too much and they're not able to bounce back, this was suppose to be a transition year after all. I'm Hoping they can use everything they've learned this season to push back tomorrow.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping White can bring some energy to the team. Hopefully with home ice Therein can bet some better matchups for Patches.

Solo

At least Vanek got going in Game 2. Now its time for Pacioretty to fucking do something.

EDIT: lol, as garbage as Vanek was in TB Games 2-4 and Bos Game 1.......he still has 3g 2a 5pts in 6 games.

Sanjuro

At least Vanek got going in Game 2. Now its time for Pacioretty to fucking do something.

Stop talking like there is a game tonight.

:'(

I have a class tomorrow night. I think the probability of me leaving after two minutes is very high.

Red_Man

I'm thinking Oshie will make it. I would say Subban but he's got too much hate for that.
Why Oshie? He's the least talented and only known for his Olympic tricks. I see pretty much every other guy a head of him except for Couture & Duchene.

Hoping White can bring some energy to the team. Hopefully with home ice Therein can bet some better matchups for Patches.
White was great last year in the playoffs, I think he'll be chomping at the bit to get in against the Bruins, just hope all this time off hasn't hurt him.

Quick

Banned
They have Doc and Olczyk doing the main commentary, it's a pretty big upgrade that's much needed.

No complaints. I'm glad they made the commentary team change.

Like Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson before, Gary Thorne and Bill Clement got stale.

Red_Man

No complaints. I'm glad they made the commentary team change.

Like Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson before, Gary Thorne and Bill Clement got stale.
EA didn't do themselves any favours by using the exact same lines year after year. Regardless of how you view them, having Doc and Eddie in there should be a great upgrade, and having Ferraro between the benches will be fantastic.

Is there a reason why Crosby hasn't been on the cover? Doesn't need the exposure? Ovechkin was on the 07 cover.

Casual American fans will vote for Oshie. Couture is odd as he isn't even the most recognizable on his own team.

Top Bottom