• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Acid08

Banned
DESIIIIIIIIIIII

fK1XJrO.jpg
OH YES

Kessel should be on the cover.

Also should have a realistic feature where you use the Leafs in the regular season and after the 82 games are up you can go night fishing with friends.

It doesn't get better than night fishing with friends during playoff time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so I'm a wee bit tipsy after a few margaritas made with some really good reposado, plus some chips and salsa and tacos for Cinco de Mayo here in the office.

Second round still to come since it also happens to be my birthday. So I'm all set for hockey to start!

TrueGrime

Ok, so I'm a wee bit tipsy after a few margaritas made with some really good reposado, plus some chips and salsa and tacos for Cinco de Mayo here in the office.

Second round still to come since it also happens to be my birthday. So I'm all set for hockey to start!

Happy birthday MM. Drinking in the office, eh? Let's switch jobs.

Acid08

Banned

Happy birthday dude! Are you going to be at the game?

TrueGrime

Ugh. AND you're going to the game. Jealously and salt meter rising. =p I usually only head home to Brooklyn twice a year. One in June (for my birthday) and either for Thanksgiving and Xmas and I've never had the time to catch a game in forever. It's been years. Like.. like 90's since I've been to an MSG game. Have seen them play here in Dallas though.

I will be there......I have an ominous feeling. Whether its Habs or Bruins, I feel like someone is getting shelled.
I'll be there on Thursday. I think it's gonna be the most meaningful game of the series. Whoever wins Thursday wins the series, for me.

And I'm not feeling it. I think we'll lose tomorrow AND Thursday.

I'M AFRAID

Giggzy

No Regehr or Mitchell for LA. We need to capitalize on that tonight and even the series up or we're dead ducks in the water

Clydefrog

yeah, not feeling good about tonight's game.

at least i'll be attending this one in person. bringing 3 other kings fans to el centro de honda tonight. yeah i threw in some spanish there because happy cinco de mayo.

GO KINGS GO

leaving work in 1.5 hours

Acid08

Banned
Are they? They must be doing great in their series right now.
Dubinsky did more for them in their series than Nash has done in how long? They may not have won but they're still a young, growing team. Whereas it looks like Nash is just treading water now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dubinsky did more for them in their series than Nash has done in how long? They may not have won but they're still a young, growing team. Whereas it looks like Nash is just treading water now.

True, but Nash doesn't have to carry the team quite the same way Dubinsky has to carry the Jackets.

Honestly, Nash has played well through a lot of these playoffs. He hasn't been scoring, but he's not playing poorly. Usually when he's not scoring he looks like he completely doesn't give a shit (which is fucking infuriating), but that hasn't really been the case for most of this postseason. He's just plain old snakebitten.

The problem is that he's pretty much playing the part of role player right now, when he should be the leading man, especially for what he gets paid. Part of why I wanted Columbus to get through to the second round was because I thought it would force Nash to step his game up, like he did in that game in Columbus a couple months ago. Nash is super streaky, so if he finally gets one, expect more to follow. Just also expect that to only last about 2 weeks before he goes cold again for a month.

Also, the alcohol has clearly worn off. Time to head to the Garden!

Top Bottom