• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Acid08

Banned
y04OLAI.jpg

Who loves this? Me. I do.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Twice in the last 8 days the Rangers have managed to keep a team to 1 shot on goal in a period.

Quite the far cry from the "defense" we used to play back in October.

Dat Red backpedal when he got called on his shit.

Again.

Well done, Acid and 19.

Frey: I've seen the same when the Cards were playing the Sox. :p

jhex0q87AuobG.PNG

All real headlines on Yahoo.com right now. I guess Steen got sick of Backes too.

ijNA3eKHXBb2H.gif

Gotta Go Fast.

Wow I wish I saw that live. That must have been a great game

The worst thing about tonights loss was that you could see the Hawks giving up one late for the last four minutes of the game. That shit shouldn't have even happened

Dat Red backpedal when he got called on his shit.

Again.

Stop doing this. Jesus christ why do you even bother?

Wow I wish I saw that live. That must have been a great game

The worst thing about tonights loss was that you could see the Hawks giving up one late for the last four minutes of the game. That shit shouldn't have even happened

It was a great game and I was pleasantly surprised that it was as fun as it was.

Concerning the Hawks I just can't see anything good coming from losing that way in triple OT to boot. Hope I'm wrong cause I'd much rather see them win, they don't really have any excuses to come out flat next game either cause they are who they are but god damn man that's a heart breaker.

It was a great game and I was pleasantly surprised that it was as fun as it was.

Concerning the Hawks I just can't see anything good coming from losing that way in triple OT to boot. Hope I'm wrong cause I'd much rather see them win, they don't really have any excuses to come out flat next game either cause they are who they are but god damn man that's a heart breaker.

Again, it shouldn't have even gotten to OT. I have faith they will use this as motivation and get their shit together. It might take until game four but it will happen

side note: I just read something, laughed and pointed at my computer screen like that one Shaq gif

I honestly don't think the Hawks will react too negatively to it. They've all been there and lost in multiple OT games before and have plenty of experience in those situations. They'll regroup and adjust and will be fine on Saturday. It's only game one of the playoffs.

Oduya and Hammer need to wake the fuck up and stop turning the puck over the entire game and so do Sharpie and Hoss. Toews and Kane both looked good coming back, at least, and Smith looked surprisingly good. Same with Saad.

Fourth line was meh. Crow was great.

Will likely go to seven games now.

ZeroGravity

Nearly 3 minutes of empty net in the 3rd period of a playoff game. Roy has some balls and is quite the gamblin' man.
Elliotte Friedman was talking on HNIC how advanced stats might back up that pulling your goalie early is a good strategy, and that other teams might start copying it from Roy.

Elliotte Friedman was talking on HNIC how advanced stats might back up that pulling your goalie early is a good strategy, and that other teams might start copying it from Roy.

He's definitely done it in the regular season quite a few times, I can only recall once or twice that it didn't work out. Really depends on the team you have I'd imagine.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Most of the time you don't score with an empty net in the final minute, it makes sense to pull the goalie earlier to give your team more time with the man advantage. It's not really that outlandish.

Well.... I certainly didn't expect that

(quoting so Red can see)
This guy.

Bsigg12

And you just jinxed it... We will look back at this post and say "this is why the avs lost the cup"

Side note: I <3 Red_Man

Na, this team has an uncanny ability to score in desperate situations. Johnson made a play that changed the end of the game. It was one of those plays where a team buys in and believes, he could have let it go but he made sure it wasn't over and the avs ultimately won. If that doesn't spark a team I don't know what does.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Na, this team has an uncanny ability to score in desperate situations. Johnson made a play that changed the end of the game. It was one of those plays where a team buys in and believes, he could have let it go but he made sure it wasn't over and the avs ultimately won. If that doesn't spark a team I don't know what does.
This is some Tabris shit right here. It was a great play, it wasn't life changing.

While I do think you'll get past whoever comes out of the Hawks/Blues series all torn up, I'm still not convinced you guys can beat the Cali teams or the Bruins.

This game isn't going to magically make the team go on a cinderella run.

He did what he had to and we were lucky it was enough. Great play in a situation that they shouldn't have put themselves in to begin with. Team has bought into what Roy sells all year but they still make mistakes that cost games at times. I don't expect to make it to the WCF even, I would be perfectly happy with a solid second round visit. When we play teams who both know how to and have the ability to exploit our weaknesses it's only going to be harder to clean up mistakes like what happened tonight.

Stasis

You make fun of fans of other teams for how they look, what they put on their faces, some fans in Montreal have history being bigoted as fuck and I'm the parody? Right, carry on there Red.

I'm not following the argument, but as someone who's been living in Montreal and the area for many years now I can safely confirm that many ppl here are racist and bigots. It's pretty shocking at times just how many, especially among the Francophones for whatever reason. I hear shit about Subban allllllll the time.

Top Bottom