• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

Giggzy

How are the recent NHL games on the consoles? I haven't owned a console since PS2, but now that I have the new consoles I'm looking forward to playing NHL '15. Worth buying or are they bad?

Curufinwe

Meh, he's been so overpaid it's hard to care. He'll take a discount from his obnoxious contract? What a sweetheart...

$6.6 million a year is not really much of an overpayment considering he's the 36th highest scorer in the NHL over the life of the contract.

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/last-5-nhl-seasons-players-stats.html

I think a team starving for offense like Buffalo or NJ would give him 7 years $49 million. So if he takes less than that from Colorado it would be a discount.

How are the recent NHL games on the consoles? I haven't owned a console since PS2, but now that I have the new consoles I'm looking forward to playing NHL '15. Worth buying or are they bad?

I think the EA hockey games are pretty great. But yeah it's not a perfect simulation. My PS3 broke so I haven't been able to play NHL 14. Looking forward to NHL 15 on the PS Cuatro

I think the EA hockey games are pretty great. But yeah it's not a perfect simulation. My PS3 broke so I haven't been able to play NHL 14. Looking forward to NHL 15 on the PS Cuatro

Yeah, I can't wait for it to be the same shit except slightly better looking. Pretty much expecting Wii U graphics. Not quite on par with the Xbone/PS4, but better than the last gen.

Meanwhile, at 2K...

More than just about anyone else in that crowd.

I diidn't know Smash 88 went to the game.

:lol

$6.6 million a year is not really much of an overpayment considering he's the 36th highest scorer in the NHL over the life of the contract.

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/last-5-nhl-seasons-players-stats.html

I think a team starving for offense like Buffalo or NJ would give him 7 years $49 million. So if he takes less than that from Colorado it would be a discount.
It definitely is. It's also misleading since he was always top line even when he was underperforming so O'Reilley, Duchene, landeskog,etc., all kept being put with him because he was their top guy. He was lazy and struggling to score 20g per season and after the seasons he had before his payday is crap. 18g isn't worth 6.6mil. It's nice that their are desperate teams, but I'm not sure how that makes him a good value. If desperate teams grossly overpaying is your benchmark then you must not watch much hockey. He's had a large improvement this year but his contract was still terrible.

Sanjuro

I'm still waiting for these new EA games to release an updated NHL 94 with online as a bonus or something.

I would be so happy.

Marvie_3

Banned
There is no part of those games that is a simulation of hockey.

I'm still waiting for these new EA games to release an updated NHL 94 with online as a bonus or something.

I would be so happy.
They tried that already and it was fucking terrible.

Just give me another 3 vs 3 Arcade featuring superstar Nik Antropov.

Cat Party

I would be so happy.
Seriously. Not a remake or mode. Just fucking port the damn game over and change the player and team names to comport with current licenses. I refuse to believe there's a good reason why this hasn't been done.

Sanjuro

There is no part of those games that is a simulation of hockey.

They tried that already and it was fucking terrible.

Just give me another 3 vs 3 Arcade featuring superstar Nik Antropov.

When did they do that? I recall something like that during the PS2 era without any online component.

I just want an add-on or LE component of the game. The 94 Mode was kind of a silly gimmick that I don't believe anyone liked.

ijNA3eKHXBb2H.gif

Gotta Go Fast.

Refs were so two faced all game. Call Koivu for losing balance and pushing net off. Johnson does the same thing? No penalty. Why the FUCK wasn't that face off in the Colorado side? Why was it in the neutral zone?

Barrie was directly interfering with both Brodziak and Cooke by the textbook definition on the game winning goal as well. The goal should have been called off and the Avs should have gotten a penalty.

Dumb. So dumb.

Refs were so two faced all game. Call Koivu for losing balance and pushing net off. Johnson does the same thing? No penalty. Why the FUCK wasn't that face off in the Colorado side? Why was it in the neutral zone?

Barrie was directly interfering with both Brodziak and Cooke by the textbook definition on the game winning goal as well. The goal should have been called off and the Avs should have gotten a penalty.

Dumb. So dumb.

Was waiting for this. First of all, Barrie was hit to the ice and as a result slid into another player as well. Not his fault. Evidence:

i49kRLv5CfMhd.gif

Second of all, and more revealing of your lack of understanding of the rules of the game,
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=27011
63.1 Delaying the Game – A player or a team may be penalized when, in the opinion of the Referee, is delaying the game in any manner.
A minor penalty shall be imposed on any player who delays the game by deliberately displacing a goal post from its normal position. The Referee shall stop play immediately when the offending team gains possession of the puck.
Johnson was trying to prevent a goal from happening and couldn't avoid displacing the net. Koivu had every opportunity to avoid displacing the net and he did it anyway.

Sure glad that delay of game for a 5-on-3 wasn't called last night.

No disciplinary action apparently for Q grabbing his nuts.

Q also said no lineup changes anticipated for tomorrow.

Grats on the series win, Blues.

Also, Sharpie had a nice subtle joke about the ball grab:

"He's a passionate guy. I think sometimes he wants to grab his stick and get on the ice with us."

Lmfao.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I feel pretty good about tonight, this team isn't bothered by anything, and I'm expecting Price to rebound after last game. With that being said, they'll lose 6-1.

Socreges

Banned
Was waiting for this. First of all, Barrie was hit to the ice and as a result slid into another player as well. Not his fault. Evidence:

i49kRLv5CfMhd.gif

Second of all, and more revealing of your lack of understanding of the rules of the game,
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=27011

Johnson was trying to prevent a goal from happening and couldn't avoid displacing the net. Koivu had every opportunity to avoid displacing the net and he did it anyway.
Interested to see what FUBAR says next. So angry, so convinced, yet so wrong.

Yeah, I can't wait for it to be the same shit except slightly better looking. Pretty much expecting Wii U graphics. Not quite on par with the Xbone/PS4, but better than the last gen.

Meanwhile, at 2K...

:lol

Well, usually the big leap happens with new consoles before they iterate. Maybe not the first try but maybe NHL 16 will be the big leap.

NHL 2K was my favorite until the last few versions and EA took the crown as best hockey game

NFL 2K though... I'd pay so much for it. SO MUCH (59.99)

Curufinwe

It definitely is. It's also misleading since he was always top line even when he was underperforming so O'Reilley, Duchene, landeskog,etc., all kept being put with him because he was their top guy. He was lazy and struggling to score 20g per season and after the seasons he had before his payday is crap. 18g isn't worth 6.6mil.

Good thing he also scored some assists in the past five years; 176 of them. You can't just ignore more than half of a player's production when determining his worth. By your logic Joe Thornton is grossly overpaid.

Vman

Interested to see what FUBAR says next. So angry, so convinced, yet so wrong.

Not making excuses because we lost the game other ways but straight from our beat writer
"I just watched this play again. Barrie skated in the slot after making the pass, undercut Cooke, knocks him to the ice, and then also bowls over Brodziak. No call by either ref on undeniable interference. This happens just as MacKinnon fed a wide-open Stastny for the winner through Ilya Bryzgalov’s wickets."

:lol Johnson was skating his ass off to stop an empty net goal and slid into the net, Koivu got hit into the crease, stopped then cleary pushed the net with his arms, not momentum.

Not making excuses because we lost the game other ways but straight from our beat writer
"I just watched this play again. Barrie skated in the slot after making the pass, undercut Cooke, knocks him to the ice, and then also bowls over Brodziak. No call by either ref on undeniable interference. This happens just as MacKinnon fed a wide-open Stastny for the winner through Ilya Bryzgalov’s wickets."
And yet it clearly didn't happen that way.

Socreges

Banned
What does one Minnesota beat writer's interpretation matter when we can see what happened with our own eyes?

Vman

Dude watch the video. It happened exactly that way. It doesn't even matter cause you won but to say fubar is wrong on that is incorrect.

Dude watch the video. It happened exactly that way. It doesn't even matter cause you won but to say fubar is wrong on that is incorrect.
You're both wrong. Kid wasnt even looking at the guy who hit him to the ice. Deal with the loss and for fuck sake don't cite beat writers as gospel.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Barrie was skating toward the camera, then when he runs into cooke, he starts sliding the opposite direction. How in the hell did he manage to do that by himself?

Edit: Wrong name

Vman

You're both wrong. Kid wasnt even looking at the guy who hit him to the ice. Deal with the loss and for fuck sake don't cite beat writers as gospel.

No I'm not wrong use your fucking eyes. And our beat writer is often sited as one of the nations best so yes i am going to cite him. And i already said it didn't matter because we lost in other ways too. Learn to read baby.

You know how often officials call interference or tripping on accidental collisions? Almost never, as pointed out Barrie wasn't looking at Cooke and he slid into the other guy while he was already down. It's unfortunate for the Wild that two guys were taken down, but it's in no way a penalty. Beat writers try to cause controversy all the time, even when it's not there, that's what gets people to read their articles.

Socreges

Banned
No I'm not wrong use your fucking eyes. And our beat writer is often sited as one of the nations best so yes i am going to cite him. And i already said it didn't matter because we lost in other ways too. Learn to read baby.
Fans that disagree with you: Avs, Blues, Canucks, Habs, Habs

Fans that agree with you: Wild

Also I can't be the only one who read "Learn to read baby" in Barry Whites voice?

Good thing he also scored some assists in the past five years; 176 of them. You can't just ignore more than half of a player's production when determining his worth. By your logic Joe Thornton is grossly overpaid.
He had their best fucking players... He better have some goddamn assists. He wasn't paid 6.6mil a year to barely hit 50 points per season, most of which were assists on other people playing well. END OF STORY. No Avs fan has been ecstatic on paying that much for the performance he put up. Leeching off of their top players whom always had to play with him helped his assist numbers. Are you seriously trying to conflate Joe Thornton with Stastny? Are you fucking drunk right now? Please stop talking about something you clearly know nothing about. God damn.

Acid08

Banned
Do you mean baby as in cry baby or like "hey baby tryna slap in the bathroom right now?"

Andersen has been confirmed to be the starter tonight.

How about Dallas? Tempted to start Tim Thomas? Come on... he's a Cup winner. Probably tired of pumping tires

Top Bottom