• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs: A thread full of jerk 'yoffs

I forgot who said it, maybe some NBC guy, but before the start of the third period they were talking about Haulla and said something like "His goal right now is the game winner"

What an announcers jinx right there

He did what he had to and we were lucky it was enough. Great play in a situation that they shouldn't have put themselves in to begin with. Team has bought into what Roy sells all year but they still make mistakes that cost games at times. I don't expect to make it to the WCF even, I would be perfectly happy with a solid second round visit. When we play teams who both know how to and have the ability to exploit our weaknesses it's only going to be harder to clean up mistakes like what happened tonight.

Is the defense just bad or is it everyone? My friend seemed excited in the beginning but then started complaining they were sloppy and Varly was playing bad.

Giggzy

Already buzzing about the game tonight. Can't wait. Hopefully we come out hot again. No more blocking shots with the face either.

Edit: oh yeah, lolqueens

MacAttack

tumblr_moq1kaQY0S1qbqx99o2_400.gif

Heretic

Already buzzing about the game tonight. Can't wait. Hopefully we come out hot again. No more blocking shots with the face either.

Edit: oh yeah, lolqueens
Hoping for a win but expecting a loss... Getzlaf is going to be at 50% so unless everyone else has an amazing game, I don't think we're winning this one...

ShaneB

If the Wings could somehow knock the Bruins out, I would take back every bad thing I've ever said about them, and wish them another 23 straight years of playoffs.

Ehhhhh, Fuck the Bruins in Round 1, Fuck the Red Wings in Round 2... or vice versa.

cube444

Anyone here looking for some free Nintendo Club points? I bought two copies of OOT 3DS for my nieces and can only link one of the copies to an account. Can't be bothered to create another one.

I'm not following the argument, but as someone who's been living in Montreal and the area for many years now I can safely confirm that many ppl here are racist and bigots. It's pretty shocking at times just how many, especially among the Francophones for whatever reason. I hear shit about Subban allllllll the time.
Well the right thing to do is to not say anything or get angry about it cause it goes away on its own I guess? That's what I was told anyway.
Is the defense just bad or is it everyone? My friend seemed excited in the beginning but then started complaining they were sloppy and Varly was playing bad.
Our defense is suspect every night just about. Our 4th line is as free as they come as well. Varlamov not in god mode typically means a loss.

Giggzy

Hoping for a win but expecting a loss... Getzlaf is going to be at 50% so unless everyone else has an amazing game, I don't think we're winning this one...

That's where our depth kicks in my friend. Besides, you know our record when getzlaf is out is still amazingly good, so even at 50% (will it even affect him that much? These are the fuckin 'yoffs!) that'll still be a big boost. I think it'll be a big boost to the team too, if their captain is blocking shots with his face then the rest of the team should be inspired to lay their bodies on the line. There's also a lot to improve on after game 1 with some sloppy play.

BELIEVE!

Lehtonen settled down and played great. Can probably steal the game tonight if things go his way.

Of course I still want Anaheim to win. Dallas is in the way

Well the right thing to do is to not say anything or get angry about it cause it goes away on its own I guess? That's what I was told anyway.
Our defense is suspect every night just about. Our 4th line is as free as they come as well. Varlamov not in god mode typically means a loss.
Ah, haven't had much time to watch this season but I figured the better record meant better D but apparently it was just better goaltending/scoring.

Statsny is going to the biggest UFA contract this offseason, isn't he?

http://www.denverpost.com/News/ci_25288955/Paul-Stastny-pleased-to-remain-with
In Chicago on Tuesday, Stastny had said he "absolutely" was willing to grant the Avalanche a "discount" in the negotiations. Amplifying on that Thursday, he said, "What's a discount for you, what's a discount for me, what's it for another guy? I don't know," Stastny said. "You hear different numbers. Everyone knows how it works. You go to the open market to a team that needs you more, but if you're in a good position and the team's doing well and you have a good group of guys and there's chemistry, you're willing to take less. ... As I get older, it's about winning and finding the right pieces what whatever you can do down the road to help, you want to."

Going to just have this in my copy/paste for the next few days.

Curufinwe

Oh they are keeping him? Good for Colorado. The Flyers couldn't even get a discount out of Giroux, and he had one RFA year left.

Funny how the OT goals so far were shot straight at the goalies from the right slot and just kind of snuck thru under the arm.

Oh they are keeping him? Good for Colorado. The Flyers couldn't even get a discount out of Giroux, and he had one RFA year left.

Funny how the OT goals so far were shot straight at the goalies from the right slot and just kind of snuck thru under the arm.

I really wanted him gone for some defense all the way up to the deadline. But, he and Landy play really well together, we don't have a whole hell of a lot of producing wingers and with him in the lineup we're able to spread out scoring to the wings. He's playing with more heart than he has in years passed because we finally have a solid core that can win. I've come around on him this year.

ZeroGravity

Not going to lie, don't have a very good feeling about tonight. I don't think the Lightning will bring their best until their backs are against the wall, and we're not there yet. Wouldn't surprise me if we saw Gudlevskis by the end of tonight.

Not going to lie, don't have a very good feeling about tonight. I don't think the Lightning will bring their best until their backs are against the wall, and we're not there yet. Wouldn't surprise me if we saw Gudlevskis by the end of tonight.

Bishop out indefinitely right? I feel for you man, if Varlamov was injured we would not stand any chance in hell against any team.

Top Bottom