• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Hope Clyde and Wonky had great times at the game tonight, crowd seemed into it.

If Pearson-Carter-Toffoli can keep this up, the team is in real good shape. REAL good shape. Never would have expected this kind of production out of them. Kopi can play Toews to a slight loss and the Kings still look alright if they come through. Muzzin and fucking KING have looked good, of all people, the last few games. Overall the team is just clicking.

Edit--Mitchell looked good, too. Consistently good decisions. Got his stick on the puck on several opportunities for the Hawks. Looked like he belonged out there.

Mentok

Banned
Really? I'm actually not terribly impressed by the West right now, or at least not as much as I expected to be. I don't want the Kings mostly due to the travel involved, though (that and Gaborik has always eaten the Rangers alive). Also, Original Six Final sounds so much nicer.

I think the Rangers' D matches up against the Kings the best of anybody remaining, but the lack of finishing could be a problem against Quick. The Habs might have a better time offensively, but they'd have a tough time if they don't get Price back, even with Tokarski playing well.

Tomorrow is about as must win as it gets for a team leading a series for the Rangers. The Habs WILL win Game 5 (we're just flat out not winning 3/3 in Montreal), so winning tomorrow is the difference between having 3 chances to clinch a spot in the Finals and being on the verge of elimination.

Rangers D (especially with King Henrik on his game) are on fire right now for sure, but there's just something about the agressiveness from the west. The Rangers are playing a collapse, where LA loves to pass back to the points. I'd be rooting for Chicago too if I were a Rangers fan.
Big game, must win for the Habs tomorrow!

iLLmAtlc

IF the Kings make it to the SCF did they have one of the toughest playoff draws ever? Chicago and SJ are both 55% FF teams and ANH #1 in the west (and 1 back of President's Trophy) despite playing in the toughest division.

Really shut me up because I thought they managed to avoid a lot of good teams in 2012.

IF the Kings make it to the SCF did they have one of the toughest playoff draws ever? Chicago and SJ are both 55% FF teams and ANH #1 in the west (and 1 back of President's Trophy) despite playing in the toughest division.

Really shut me up because I thought they managed to avoid a lot of good teams in 2012.

Avoided good teams? 2012 they were the 8 seed...I'm not sure how they could have it any tougher than that. Played 1 - 2 - 3 straight through, then New Jersey.

Acid08

Banned
Avoided good teams? 2012 they were the 8 seed...I'm not sure how they could have it any tougher than that. Played 1 - 2 - 3 straight through, then New Jersey.
Canucks, Coyotes, Blues, and Devils weren't exactly difficult matchups. You avoided Chicago too. As far as roads to the Cup go, it was a lighter one despite the seeding.

Canucks, Coyotes, Blues, and Devils weren't exactly difficult matchups. You avoided Chicago too. As far as roads to the Cup go, it was a lighter one despite the seeding.

Avoided Chicago because they lost to Phoenix in 5 or 6. And the Hawks were the only other team capable of winning the Cup in the conference. Yeah, they dodged the top tier Eastern Conference talent...but I'm not sure who else they could have played in the West to make that trip harder.

I do think the general quality of teams is higher this year. I also think it's way too early to evaluate a Kings Cup run. But given the teams available to face in 2012, they played the best in the West straight through. You can argue Chicago, I guess, but they lost to a team the Kings ultimately beat.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Someone needs to goad him into making a racial or homophobic slur or something. He must be taken down before he gets a chance to predict the results of the Finals.

Yeah, they have trailed before, Marv, but this team just has a shitty feel to it. They're either complacent, tired or hurt or some mix, but this team doesn't have the feel of a championship team right now.

They're too out of sorts and the defense is bad right now. Sharpie is fighting it and Q keeps making dumbass decisions. The discipline isn't there and the PP is garbage as usual. The older players in Rosi and Zeus have slowed down badly this year and Bollig is as much of a useless shithead as usual. Kaner has been neutralized well by the Kings too so far. Oduya is a dumbass too.

Rosi and Zeus need to go or being LTIR'd in the off season and a defenseman from Rockford and Teuvo need to be pulled up next year. A shot of youth would help a bunch. Bollig can go get hit by a fucking bus.

If Saad and Smith keep developing as well as they have, Morin gets ice time and develops and Teuvo does the same, this team will be even more dangerous next year.

But something just isn't feeling championship caliber about this team right now. A mix of things, really, but I'd love to be proven wrong. I just don't think this team cares enough this year to beat a team as good as the Kings.

Like you said, if a lot of things change, sure. But those things likely won't all happen until it's too late.

iLLmAtlc

My problem is mainly that they played teams that could not match their skill like Blues and Coyotes. I think SJ or Chicago would have been more of a challenge than either of those teams.

And LA avoided Chicago because Crawford had the worst playoff series of his career. Phoenix had no business being in that one with how badly they were outplayed.

It's kinda like in 2010 when the Habs took out the Caps and Pens with unsustainable goaltending, there's no way they were better than either of those teams but they won anyway and Flyers got to avoid them.

But moot point, Kings have shown haters like me this year with the quality of teams they've played so far

Someone needs to goad him into making a racial or homophobic slur or something. He must be taken down before he gets a chance to predict the results of the Finals.

He already said Hawks are winning the cup again and that Kings would lose to NY or the Habs if they somehow beat Hawks.

Roflobear

Rangers need to dominate early. They were on a 1st period goal streak for 5 games till game 3. Day is going to drag. -.-

I thought they scored in the first period of game 3 though, didn't they?

Also I think playing better in the second and/or third periods is more important, as it's something they seem to have a tough time doing

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Stepan is out (I'm personally not expecting him to be back for the rest of the series). Brassard and J.T. Miller are in.

So I'm guessing:

Kreider-D.Moore-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-St.Louis
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Miller-Boyle-Dorsett

Ricker

This is like a game 7 almost for the Habs tonight...getting pumped and nervous already lol...

Please win les Habitants, christie... ;)

I thought they scored in the first period of game 3 though, didn't they?

Also I think playing better in the second and/or third periods is more important, as it's something they seem to have a tough time doing

Brain fart i thought the goal was in the 2nd. And sure i wish they would play better in the 3rd but an early goal always helps my heart from bursting. :D

photo.php

Top Bottom