• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Knew the series was over after we lost Price, but then Tokarski had to play amazing and get my hopes up while the rest of the team has taken the series off.

sector4

i9tbjoo.jpg

dankir

As a Habs fan since the 80s I can't even count how many times we've been scored on shitty clearing times. Seriously so many times...

Vyse24

On one hand, the last time the Rangers were up 3-1 in a series, they still lost in 7. On the other, Tuesday is 20 years since "Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!" so it might be destiny to go to the finals on that day.

Rangers get 3 shots. Hopefully they don't send this one to 7 again.

Mentok

Banned
On one hand, the last time the Rangers were up 3-1 in a series, they still lost in 7. On the other, Tuesday is 20 years since "Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!" so it might be destiny to go to the finals on that day.

Rangers get 3 shots. Hopefully they don't send this one to 7 again.

I respect the Rangers completely outplaying the Habs this series, but for the sake of Tokarski's performance (and of course as a Habs fan), I hope we can push it to 7. The Habs have yet to play a solid 60 minute game since beating Boston though, so the likelihood of it happening is slim to none.

Marvie_3

Banned
It's so fucking deserved no matter the outcome. I'm sorry.

Hopefully it's a lot better in game 5, and I don't mean lopsided in our favor either, I mean fucking fair.
Oh no no no. You can't complain if you've won. That's why I'm not supposed to mention the fucking shitty job Quenneville does because the Hawks have won 2 Cups.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone keeps breaking the kingslunk ref rule. Only bitch at the refs if you lose.
It was more like one last celebratory "fuck you." Things quickly switched to LGR and Marty chants, and, for the first time that I've heard in these playoffs here, big sustained "we want the Cup" chants.

Winning a game like that one sure does make it feel like it can happen.

I fully expect to be back in my seat for Game 6, though. No way these Habs are going down without a fight.

Revenant

I'm no hockeyologist but someone should have probably covered that Michael Louis guy, he looks like he knows a thing or two about hockey out there.

what a nice shot though, UNF.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Knew the series was over after we lost Price, but then Tokarski had to play amazing and get my hopes up while the rest of the team has taken the series off.

I think it would have been no different with Price. It's all about PP being unable to work against the Rangers and trouble defeating Lundqvist, but the later was manageable in the last two games.

So really, it's all about the PP. It demoralizes the team when you constantly fail on such opportunities, and it's a situation where you can demoralize the opposing team. Missing such opportunities is what will have cost the Habs this series.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
It was more like one last celebratory "fuck you." Things quickly switched to LGR and Marty chants, and, for the first time that I've heard in these playoffs here, big sustained "we want the Cup" chants.

Winning a game like that one sure does make it feel like it can happen.

I fully expect to be back in my seat for Game 6, though. No way these Habs are going down without a fight.

Tokarski isn't going down without a fight. The rest of the Habs? Eh...

Top Bottom