• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

FOOTE

LOL NHL.com:

jcm2VgX.png

I've lost count of the amount of years nhl.com has been using shitty puns for every last one of their headline stories.

Ricker

Bah the Habs could of easily won last night,the series would be tied at 2...the shot that hit the inside of the post and managed to stay out was bad luck... They gave the puck away,couldn't clear the puck 3 times,(why did they just try and clear it to center instead of moving it out to start a play,they werent protecting a 2 goal lead idiots)for the winning goal but I admit it was a great shot by St-Louis...

What I am saying is that Montreal can still win this...

Calamari41

41 > 38
That kind of shit is the reason I needed the Sharks to take care of business early and with prejudice. It will only get exponentially worse around here.

Giggzy

Luckily we don't live in LA, Calamari. We don't have to see any of that shit. Most I see is car flags, and obnoxious coworkers.

Calamari41

41 > 38
You say that but...

Guess where my friend took this photo at?

Probably near the intersection of the 5, 57, and 22? They should probably invest in billboards in their own backyard so their fans become aware of the fact that there is more than one month of hockey in the year. We don't need the reminder here.

Again, I don't know why I have to keep explaining this, but we don't care at all about the Kings as a team. At least, any more than we care about any other teams. What sucks is when your "fans" come out of the woodwork at this time of year. It's like finding a roach infestation in your house, except at least the roaches don't call your wife a cunt and then fail to answer the question "what is icing" correctly.

Calamari that happens in every sports thread. A lot of people don't pay attention/have time to watch regular season games. This goes for all sports that have more than one game a week going on. Shit, my first post in a NHL thread like four years ago I said that I won't post much unless it is the playoffs.

Not posting in the NHL thread doesn't make someone less of a fan. No need to put quotes around the word.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Calamari that happens in every sports thread. A lot of people don't pay attention/have time to watch regular season games. This goes for all sports that have more than one game a week going on. Shit, my first post in a NHL thread like four years ago I said that I won't post much unless it is the playoffs.

Not posting in the NHL thread doesn't make someone less of a fan. No need to put quotes around the word.

No dude I'm talking about real life out there. You guys in here are fine. Shit, I showed up after you all in this thread.

ShaneB

Complaining over "coverage" in this day and age is nonsense. Every team has endless websites, twitter feeds, beat reporters and writers, etc etc etc. I can't imagine anyone just relies on a nightly Sportscentre for their teams news.

Complaining over "coverage" in this day and age is nonsense. Every team has endless websites, twitter feeds, beat reporters and writers, etc etc etc. I can't imagine anyone just relies on a nightly Sportscentre for their teams news.

That's exactly what people do though!

Move to Canada where every hockey team gets all year coverage. Problem solved.

I can't leave the US because of my son. Maybe I will take this job offer in Seattle. That's almost Canada.

Acid08

Banned
Why do you think that hockey hasn't historically had the same mainstream foothold that baseball, basketball, and football do(in the US)?

ShaneB

Why do you think that hockey hasn't historically had the same mainstream foothold that baseball, basketball, and football do(in the US)?

Well that's an entirely different discussion about why hockey isn't "popular" (in relation to coverage compared to the other big team sports). Those shows are always reactionary, and gravitate towards what is popular. Good teams or big market teams are generally that.

I simply meant that now, in 2014, if people want news on whatever team they like, there are plenty of other outlets to get that news instead of what Sportscenter/SportsCentre/Everything Else-Center decides to cover during a primetime show.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's exactly what people do though!

I can't leave the US because of my son. Maybe I will take this job offer in Seattle. That's almost Canada.

Cascadia is awesome, do it.

Pacific Northwest is so damn laid-back of a lifestyle, I love it.

Cascadia is awesome, do it.

Pacific Northwest is so damn laid-back of a lifestyle, I love it.

My old Army roommate is from Seattle. He just moved back after 10+ years. Told me that he could get me a job once I graduate. I have to see how everything works out next year.

I have family from there. It's a really nice place.

zroid

Banned
Or a Blue Jays fan

It's a bit more complicated with the Jays. I think there is a lot of latent Jays love here, but people are just really, really cynical at this point (me included). Right now the team is doing well so the team is getting plenty of media and public attention.

The Leafs of course are in a different stratosphere, lol

I'd say in terms of coverage in Chicago:

Bears > Cubs > Bulls >>> Hawks/Sox.

Kind of funny how the teams with the most recent championships for the city get the least coverage.

I'm so bummed; I snapped my ankle on Saturday while moving a suitcase to my car (because yesterday was SUPPOSED to be the day I officially moved into my Chicago apartment), and now I'm going to be working from home all week. The thing I'm most upset about is missing all of the Hawks games, because we don't have cable :/

Since I can't walk at the moment, I can't even go to a sports bar to catch the game tonight! Does there happen to be any websites that stream NHL games? Or do they broadcast hockey games on the radio (and if so what's the station in the chicago-land area)?

Despite the Hawks losing their past two outings, I've still had a good time watching them. Since I'm still so new to the sport, I'm learning new things about the game no matter who is winning.

Regehr is skating regularly. Won't play tonight and I don't think they are saying when he will return.

I'd say in terms of coverage in Chicago:

Bears > Cubs > Bulls >>> Hawks/Sox.

Kind of funny how the teams with the most recent championships for the city get the least coverage.

That's because the NFL has the most money invested into marketing.

I personally hope LA never gets a Football team.

Quick

Banned
I'm so bummed; I snapped my ankle on Saturday while moving a suitcase to my car (because yesterday was SUPPOSED to be the day I officially moved into my Chicago apartment), and now I'm going to be working from home all week. The thing I'm most upset about is missing all of the Hawks games, because we don't have cable :/

Since I can't walk at the moment, I can't even go to a sports bar to catch the game tonight! Does there happen to be any websites that stream NHL games? Or do they broadcast hockey games on the radio (and if so what's the station in the chicago-land area)?

Despite the Hawks losing their past two outings, I've still had a good time watching them. Since I'm still so new to the sport, I'm learning new things about the game no matter who is winning.

Officially, NHL GameCenter. Alternatively, Hockeystreams.

There are others, but the two are what a majority of people here use, and both require subscription. Hockeystreams has flexible subscription models, though.

I'm sure someone here can send you the way of a site. 87.7 covers it on the radio when the Cubs are on. 720 am when not.

Top Bottom