• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Stasis

As a Ranger fan, this is still a series. Montreal is far from out. No one should let their guard down.

Agreed, but I really wanted the moral victory of coming out with a W after that diving lopsided call gong show.

This isn't over, I just want a lot less nonsense in game 5. I hope the NHL took notice of all the embellishment they had going on and will be looking out for it. I also hope we don't start doing it ourselves seeing that it clearly fucking works. I have faith in AV though. I think he'll send a message to both be more careful with high sticks, and to not embellish.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tokarski isn't going down without a fight. The rest of the Habs? Eh...

The strange thing about these Canadiens is that even when you're outplaying the fuck out of them, they still seem constantly dangerous. We've gotten super lucky many many times in this series where they flat out missed glorious chances, especially lateral passes to someone coming in the backdoor completely unmarked. Blink for a second and these guys can still easily beat us.

Broadway Hat went to Carl Hagelin tonight. Deserved. Guy was fucking flying in the first period especially.

I'm fucking exhausted.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
The strange thing about these Canadiens is that even when you're outplaying the fuck out of them, they still seem constantly dangerous. We've gotten super lucky many many times in this series where they flat out missed glorious chances, especially lateral passes to someone coming in the backdoor completely unmarked. Blink for a second and these guys can still easily beat us.

I want to know what happened to the Montreal from game 2. That team actually looked legit dangerous. The whole team has been playing like shit since then. All those passes to nowhere that just end up on Ranger sticks. It's infuriating to watch because you know they can do so much better. :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Was Patches in that game? I swear he wasn't.

I said he was going to have a big game, so he was completely invisible.

Also, why is the Canadiens' second goal still being credited to Subban? I'm looking at replays now and it pretty clearly changes direction off of Gallagher's leg.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tokarski's not good enough to beat Lundqvist three games in a row. This series is over.

Tokarski doesn't have to beat Lundqvist. The rest of the Habs do.

Tokarski has done pretty much all he has needed to. It's the defense in front of him that has let him down. The Rangers goals tonight were:
-free and clear breakaway when Subban abandoned his post on the PP
-free and clear breakaway when Boullion abandoned his post near the end of the second
-perfect shot by St. Louis after being left all alone after 3 failed attempts to clear the zone

Literally zero defensive support on any of those plays.

It's not over until you win 4 games. With all the bounces in this series, it could still go either way. But the Habs had trouble with the Rangers' speed tonight.

Mentok

Banned
Tokarski doesn't have to beat Lundqvist. The rest of the Habs do.

Tokarski has done pretty much all he has needed to. It's the defense in front of him that has let him down. The Rangers goals tonight were:
-free and clear breakaway when Subban abandoned his post on the PP
-free and clear breakaway when Boullion abandoned his post near the end of the second
-perfect shot by St. Louis after being left all alone after 3 failed attempts to clear the zone

Literally zero defensive support on any of those plays.

This. Meanwhile the Rangers are flatout protecting King Henrik from dangerous plays.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AV has been amazing in these playoffs. Really hasn't been talked about enough. His demeanor has been setting the tone for the team, and the lineup moves he's made, when he has had to make them, have mostly turned out golden.

As much as I liked (and still do like) Torts, there is absolutely no way we're in the ECF at all this year with Torts as the coach. We might not have even made the playoffs given the start of the season.

Stop trying to make "kingslunk" a thing.

tumblr_mcf8loptxV1rwq30eo1_500.gif

RC

Banned
Torts would give me second hand embarrassment watching his overly hostile responses.

AV is way more calm and collected. Loved his response tonight to being asked if the Rangers or refs were to blame for all their penalties

On pure entertainment value, nothing beats a Torts presser. For better or worse, he always spoke his mind.

4am and still buzzed. 1 more win. Pretty crazy. I don't even care to win at home just wrap it up asap. If they're going to have a legit chance in the finals they need the extra days off and the west go 7 lonnnnng games.

Tenck

Is there a legitimate stream I can tune into when the playoff games are up? I've been watching it at my friend's house, but I can't be making this drive every time ;_;

Edit: Legitimate as in one of the networks broadcasting it legally, in case people were wondering.

Is there a legitimate stream I can tune into when the playoff games are up? I've been watching it at my friend's house, but I can't be making this drive every time ;_;

Edit: Legitimate as in one of the networks broadcasting it legally, in case people were wondering.

If you have a legitimate cable account (or access to someone's login):

stream.nbcsports.com

cube444

Great shot by MSL but wtf was Koharski doing by falling to one knee.

"Right when I got it, I just saw their 'D' in front of me and I saw him chilling there on the right side," Hagelin said.

Must be talking about Emelin. No idea where he was on that play leaving Marty all alone.

Solo

Habs have been grossly outplayed in every game so far. Being down 3-1 is no surprise here. I'd be surprised if they won another game.

cube444

Habs have been grossly outplayed in every game so far. Being down 3-1 is no surprise here. I'd be surprised if they won another game.

Chin up man. You had already booked the SCF plans for the Habs before this series even started.

Offense has dried up worse than Mrs. Manics pussy when she turns 80.

zroid

Banned
P.K. Subban ‏@PKSubban1 7h
.MTL On to the next one! Biggest game of our lives coming up! #habsnation #believe #NHLSubban15

:lol at the #NHLSubban15 hashtag right after a soul-crushing loss

he didn't even do it right. the hashtag is #NHL15Subban, lol.

Top Bottom