• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Ducks win anyway.

ilVzH2YCorvAn_zps77642a95.gif

0000001221.gif

RIgh3Dg.gif

The Kings are out for blood now.

A84919480.jpg

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hey Clydefrog, now that this game is over, I am interested in your analysis of the home crowds of the respective teams. You had a lot of shit to talk about the Ducks fans who allowed the plethora of Kings fans do their chants but were still themselves deafening until the end (I was there, don't bullshit me).

To me, it seemed like the home crowd tonight, which didn't have to worry about any visitor shenanigans, were an embarrassment from the time the puck dropped until the last 30 seconds of the game.

Giggzy

I have a feeling Beleskey may be out for awhile. Wonder if Winnik will fill in or bring Etem back.

So happy with Vatman tonight. I've loved him from his first game with us. Reminds me of Karlsson, just needs to cut back on his mistakes.

I have a feeling Beleskey may be out for awhile. Wonder if Winnik will fill in or bring Etem back.

So happy with Vatman tonight. I've loved him from his first game with us. Reminds me of Karlsson, just needs to cut back on his mistakes.

Those will stop over time, it's kind of funny that Vatman even looks like Karlssons uglier (in comparison) younger brother. Winnik is going to be a perfect replacement for Beleskey, except maybe without the shot accuracy. This depth is good.

mrducksworth.gif

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Listening to this R. Kelly song called "Show Ya Pussy".

Its pretty good.

Oh and that Ducks game was fun too. Good for you guys, Ducks-Age.

Boudreau said he looked at the career records for his goalies at Staples Center and that's why he chose Andersen over Hiller. Now it all makes sense. Except bit of a weird data size to be examining...

These post-game comments from the team are hilarious.

Nick Bonino: "How about that pass, Teemu?" w/fake recorder in hand. Selanne: "It was a brain surgeon pass."

Hard to be upset with this loss up 2 - 1. On the one hand, this was probably the best they played all series...on the other hand, it sucks to lose after that kind of effort. Either way both teams look even in a way that they didn't in the first two games (Ducks thoroughly led pace and possession prior to tonight) and that was good to see. Still, after coming out of that Sharks series, I'm wary of any and all letdowns conceivable. AND JESUS FUCK WITH THESE DEFENSIVE ZONE TURNOVERS, WHAT THE HELL.

RE: the Staples crowd...come on guys. It is what it is. The 300 levels are going to be rowdy, and the further down you get from there is going to get quieter and quieter. That's life as a post-2010 Kings fan and it will be until the team is in the gutter again. Fucking awful to hear boos when Andersen went down, though. Knew it was coming and hated every second of it. Nobody should ever boo a fucking injury. Disgraceful. Crowd was heated on the missed high stick at the end and came to life after both goals. It's a front running crowd and we all know it.

Not too many Ducks fans though. Kind of feel like if there had been more they would've forced the crowd to invest more. I really dig the back and forth atmosphere, I think I'm going to aim for a Honda Center game next.

time 2 get more drunk. time 2 forget.

You're good Pickles, people...
... You're good Pipperols, packels.
You...
You're...
Err... Great stuff, yo.

And yeah, we watched on TV so we didn't exactly grasp the whole entirety of Staples Center. The upper bowls may have been rowdy, but the lower bowls sure as hell weren't. Even during the SJ series I couldn't recall them being like that until they started 'front running' as you call it.

There will never be more than a handful of Ducks fans at Staples. Period. The culture doesn't lead to it like it would any other state rivalry in any sport. Ducks will always be the franchise it is with the cheap tickets in Anaheim, at Honda Centre where THE MIGHTY LA KISS PLAY and the Ducks will always be accessible while LA will always have expensive tickets and be sharing the same venue as the Lakers and Clippers etc.

Velcro Fly

Will never understand how dumb people can be posting stupid things like that with their twitter and instagram handles right there.

Clydefrog

Hey Clydefrog, now that this game is over, I am interested in your analysis of the home crowds of the respective teams. You had a lot of shit to talk about the Ducks fans who allowed the plethora of Kings fans do their chants but were still themselves deafening until the end (I was there, don't bullshit me).

To me, it seemed like the home crowd tonight, which didn't have to worry about any visitor shenanigans, were an embarrassment from the time the puck dropped until the last 30 seconds of the game.

How about both home crowds fucking sucked. does that make you happy?

Clydefrog

Hard to be upset with this loss up 2 - 1. On the one hand, this was probably the best they played all series...on the other hand, it sucks to lose after that kind of effort. Either way both teams look even in a way that they didn't in the first two games (Ducks thoroughly led pace and possession prior to tonight) and that was good to see. Still, after coming out of that Sharks series, I'm wary of any and all letdowns conceivable. AND JESUS FUCK WITH THESE DEFENSIVE ZONE TURNOVERS, WHAT THE HELL.

RE: the Staples crowd...come on guys. It is what it is. The 300 levels are going to be rowdy, and the further down you get from there is going to get quieter and quieter. That's life as a post-2010 Kings fan and it will be until the team is in the gutter again. Fucking awful to hear boos when Andersen went down, though. Knew it was coming and hated every second of it. Nobody should ever boo a fucking injury. Disgraceful. Crowd was heated on the missed high stick at the end and came to life after both goals. It's a front running crowd and we all know it.

Not too many Ducks fans though. Kind of feel like if there had been more they would've forced the crowd to invest more. I really dig the back and forth atmosphere, I think I'm going to aim for a Honda Center game next.

time 2 get more drunk. time 2 forget.

*hugs*

don't get too drunk. you gotta get a handy from your GF while she wears the Quick jersey

BTW: I still have my game 2 ducks orange towel. should I youtube a burning of it? ;)

Calamari41

41 > 38
There will never be more than a handful of Ducks fans at Staples. Period. The culture doesn't lead to it like it would any other state rivalry in any sport. Ducks will always be the franchise it is with the cheap tickets in Anaheim, at Honda Centre where THE MIGHTY LA KISS PLAY and the Ducks will always be accessible while LA will always have expensive tickets and be sharing the same venue as the Lakers and Clippers etc.

I've gone to hundreds of Ducks games and dozens of Kings games over the years, so here's the gist of it from where I'm standing:

In general, Staples Center is where you go to "check in" in your t-shirt/blazer/jeans/receding hairline combo for the purpose of trying to impress your other receding hairline friends. Either that, or your boss got tickets from his insurance broker and asked the cube farm if anybody wanted them. It doesn't matter what is happening at Staples, it just matters that you show up as being there on your feed.

In general, The Pond is where you go to watch a hockey game with your family. The Ducks fanbase skews more young and old, and also more female than most. With the way Kings fans act in the Pond, there is no way more than a few Ducks fans are ever going to go into Staples. One reason is because of the safety issue, but another very influential reason is that we as a fanbase just don't care about the Kings in the same feverish way the Kings care about the Ducks.

Neither type of fanbase is acceptable to the "Hockey or Die" fanbases of many other teams, but when choosing between the two options above, I would pick the Pond any day. I was one of those 7 year old kids in the stands once, and I am glad that I was able to enjoy going to games through my childhood all the way up to now. The only time I didn't feel safe going to a game was when the Kings came to visit, especially in the 90s. As someone (edit: Pickles) said earlier, the crowd was way different before ~2010. It was more like the Dodgers crowd that beat a man half to death in the parking lot a couple of years ago.

How about both home crowds fucking sucked. does that make you happy?

Nah bro, it doesn't. The "problem" with the situation in the Pond on Monday was that there were a large number of Kings fans, maybe between 1/3rd to 2/5ths of the arena. The reason you cited for the home crowd sucking is that the King fans were doing their little chants through the game and cheering. That does suck and does put the Duck fans in a bad light for not more actively stopping it. But shit, the Duck fans were matching the King fans every time they started one of their chants, and cheering loudly/starting their own chants throughout the entire game. And this was while losing or tied the whole time, after a goal against us in the first thirty seconds which will take the wind out of any crowd across the country. Plus, you know as well as I do that your guys would have been SILENT if they were trailing like we were through the game. And remember, I was at that game, so your inevitable "lol nuh uh!" response to this may work with anybody reading this, but it won't work with me.

The crowd at Staples, 99% King fans, was dead fucking silent through the entire game last night. The only times they came alive in the least were 1) when their goal was scored and the five real-time minutes after, 2) in the last minute of the game, and 3) when Andersen was injured (this one is completely embarrassing for you guys).

The only reason your bullshit is bothering me is that you're trying to lump my fans in with your notoriously beyond-shitty fans, and that is something I just can't abide. Duck fans may not be that great, but we sure as shit aren't King fans.

Giggzy

Kings fans at work won't talk to me right now. Only one did. "Refs had money in their pockets. They didn't call the high stick which led to your 3rd goal. They want this series to last so they get more revenue. That's all I gotta say." Then walks away from me while I'm trying to tell him missed calls go both ways...

Kings fans at work won't talk to me right now. Only one did. "Refs had money in their pockets. They didn't call the high stick which led to your 3rd goal. They want this series to last so they get more revenue. That's all I gotta say." Then walks away from me while I'm trying to tell him missed calls go both ways...

Quick was in on it too, made Lovejoy look like Bobby Orr on that third goal. The fix is in.

Giggzy

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh 1m
No medical report here but Andersen did walk through the room and didn't appear to be hobbling badly or anything like that.

why do Habs D never cross the blue line?

The rare times that they do, you got Markov passing, then Vanek thinks Markov is still around and Markov just turns his back head backs toward the Habs zone. Habs never hold their Ds at the points

Most shots on Rask were direct shots, not much passing to force Rask to commit. You can't beat a goalie over his caliber with direct shots.

Without powerplays, Habs got no offense going.

Top Bottom