• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Will do. I've been checking the weather report everyday and it was snowing for a couple days earlier this week. It's been 85+ degrees since. I'm sure there will still be some snow on the north face side though, which should make things interesting!

What are all your stops on the PNT? I would love to take a couple months off of work to do the PNT in its entirety.

I'll be going up to Mineral King in Kings Canyon in September. I'm way more stoked for that one as this Yosemite trip is pretty tame. Mineral King has a 10k elevation gain/descend all in 25 miles, pretty rad.

I actually have no idea what our itinerary looks like. I'm out of the planning on this one since I'm taking care of a trip to Mexico in August. I know we're pulling east first to do something by Shaver Lake, and then coming up to Yosemite before we bounce to Oregon and Washington. Going to spend some city time in Portland and Seattle since a few of my friends have never been.

What I'm actually super excited about is next year. We're either going out to the Ozarks (inexpensive, Northern Arkansas region) + Mammoth Caves and some light cave exploring in Kentucky (something I've never done) or New Zealand. New Zealand feels like it would be incredible for a couple weeks.

How was Joshua Tree? I'm be going there in August. Never been.
Ah, I was actually mostly there the see Simian Mobile Disco record their new album @ Pappy and Harriets. Fantastic music venue, outdoors, loads of stars, old western bar adjacent. Atmosphere makes up for the sound staging being a bit subpar. We did a quick push through the Panorama Loop though, it was fun.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Carcillo is the scratch and Dorsett is back in on the fourth line. And it seems from warmups that the lines are back to normal. Guess yesterday's practice was a red herring?

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Richards-St.Louis
Boyle-D.Moore-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
J.Moore-Klein

So basically the lineup that got us to the party in the first place. This will be the first time all the lines and D pairings have been in their "true" form since March.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I want Staal to get a goal tonight. Just because the salt in the building would be delicious.

Nash has already had two golden scoring chances tonight.

Ya no

I know you guys are brutal here to outsiders during the playoffs but.........

Any Bruins guys know where I can find a link to gouchers call on the game? I watched the game at the bar last night and would love to hear it... (I know it wasn't a very exciting goal but the NBC call sucked when I listened to it this morning)

I'm going to the game Saturday with my father and one of my buddies and I couldn't be more fired up. Thank god they won last night because I don't think my heart would have made it through the game going in down 3-1.......
I'll be posted up here (this is from game 3 during the finals last year):

dWWdb7f.jpg

Go B's.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Any Bruins guys know where I can find a link to gouchers call on the game? I watched the game at the bar last night and would love to hear it... (I know it wasn't a very exciting goal but the NBC call sucked when I listened to it this morning)

I'm going to the game Saturday with my father and one of my buddies and I couldn't be more fired up. Thank god they won last night because I don't think my heart would have made it through the game going in down 3-1.......
I'll be posted up here (this is from game 3 during the finals last year):

http://i.imgur.com/dWWdb7f.jpg?3
Go B's.
That's pretty awesome. I'd like to go to the Finals someday. :/

We already have two-thirds of our entire shot total from Game 4, just halfway through the first period.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's pretty awesome. I'd like to go to the Finals someday. :/

We already have two-thirds of our entire shot total from Game 4, just halfway through the first period.

As someone who went to two finals games in 2011....

totally worth it to see another team hoist the cup brah.

:'(

dkeane

Go B's.
At the bottom there's an audio player. It's right at the beginning: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/05/...park-to-bruins-lineup-in-game-4-overtime-win/

Roflobear

I miss the entire first period and the rangers are up two. Honestly considering not watching the rest of the game lest I bring bad luck

Smiley90

You were at Game 7? My condolences.

Must've cost a fortune

I could've sold it for a fortune, that's for sure. Tickets for nosebleeds (which I had) were going for 900+ on craigslist. Insane. I got lucky and got them through a place I was volunteering at the time for 180.- each for my ex and me. Was honestly contemplating selling them, but decided against it because it was a once in a lifetime chance..... oh well. Still worth it.

Then of course I left the arena and the city was in flames, which was surreal as fuck.

I also went to game 2 that year.

And game 2 against the Hawks and game 5 against the Sharks (HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE)

I could've sold it for a fortune, that's for sure. Tickets for nosebleeds (which I had) were going for 900+ on craigslist. Insane. I got lucky and got them through a place I was volunteering at the time for 180.- each for my ex and me. Was honestly contemplating selling them, but decided against it because it was a once in a lifetime chance..... oh well. Still worth it.

Then of course I left the arena and the city was in flames, which was surreal as fuck.

I also went to game 2 that year.

And game 2 against the Hawks and game 5 against the Sharks (HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE)

Yeah you don't see the Cup handed out everyday. I know one season-ticket holder who sold his Game 7 ticket for thousands.

Game 2 must've been awesome, as well as Game 5 vs. SJS. I've only been to one playoff game: Game 5 in 2009 against Chicago. The atmosphere is definitely different from a regular season game.

Smiley90

Yeah you don't see the Cup handed out everyday. I know one season-ticket holder who sold his Game 7 ticket for thousands.

Game 2 must've been awesome, as well as Game 5 vs. SJS. I've only been to one playoff game: Game 5 in 2009 against Chicago. The atmosphere is definitely different from a regular season game.

Game 5 vs SJ was probably my favourite live hockey game ever. So much stanchion... I mean tension.

And having the cup handed out was definitely quite the experience too. We congratulated the Bruins fans around us and wished them a safe trip home. And we cheered for Lucic.

also GO RANGERS GOOOOO

Top Bottom