• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

MacAttack

Full Disclosure: I fell asleep before the overtime period last night and woke up 10 minutes into the Kings-Ducks game very confused.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The question was raised here before this series started, but apparently the Ducks are staying in a hotel by Staples for this leg of the series. Smart move.

Calamari41

41 > 38
So were Kings fans taunting Hiller. Andersen is a weird way to spell Hiller

No, no, they were chanting that Andersen wasn't doing a very good job and thus the Ducks coaching staff should make the decision to replace him with Hiller. Collectively as a group the fans decided to chant for this purpose. This is backed up by the fact that Andersen was replaced by Hiller. It's just too bad that puss Andersen had to fake an injury to get off the ice.

Giggzy

No, no, they were chanting that Andersen wasn't doing a very good job and thus the Ducks coaching staff should make the decision to replace him with Hiller. Collectively as a group the fans decided to chant for this purpose. This is backed up by the fact that Andersen was replaced by Hiller. It's just too bad that puss Andersen had to fake an injury to get off the ice.

Kings fans. What good guys.

That's next level taunting.

Boohoo Andersen grow a pair

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Here, I'll make things a little more interesting.

Rangers-GAF, if there's a Game 6 (Sunday at 7 pm), I will give away my (1) ticket to anyone who wants to go. That's give, not sell. You're on your own to get there and eat and so on, though.

So, you know, let's go Rangers and junk.

Rangers-GAF, if there's a Game 6 (Sunday at 7 pm), I will give away my (1) ticket to anyone who wants to go. That's give, not sell. You're on your own to get there and eat and so on, though.

Hmmm.

TrueGrime

Throw in plane tickets from TX to NY and you've got a deal. Oh, JFK not LaGuardia please.

Cake Boss

Banned

Damn damn damn I would have drove down to NY for some free tickets.

Sanjuro

I'd possibly bite.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Marty St. Louis is still in Montreal, so as of right now it looks like the lineup is probably going to be:

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Pouliot-Brassard-Carcillo
Boyle-D.Moore-Dorsett

It had been looking yesterday in practice like Carcillo was going to be an extra with MSL on that Brassard line, but Carcillo was not with the scratches at morning skate today, so presumably he's being plugged in there. Unless AV just goes back to the drawing board entirely with MSL out.

Calamari41

41 > 38

That's what I call a free market solution!

Clydefrog

Kings fans at work won't talk to me right now. Only one did. "Refs had money in their pockets. They didn't call the high stick which led to your 3rd goal. They want this series to last so they get more revenue. That's all I gotta say." Then walks away from me while I'm trying to tell him missed calls go both ways...

The reffing was bad/inconsistent last night. However, yeah, the refs didn't cause the Kings to lose.

*walks away*

Lots of ignorant trash-talking from Geese fans. There are tons of die-hard Kings fans, but they're probably watching the game in bars all over town. You guys should have seen the bar I was at; it certainly wasn't dead-silent.

It's correct that Staples doesn't get a lot of the die-hards in the lower sections. Too many large companies own season seats and give them out to their employees. Tickets to high-profile games go to the more prestigious employees, who might not be true die-hard fans. It's an unfortunate side effect of living in the world's entertainment capital.

No one should interpret that to mean that Kings fans suck. We have a great fanbase.

Anyway, last night was pretty crap. Just couldn't convert many opportunities. Tbh, I'm a little nervous. I could easily see the Ducks winning the next three straight. We need to get Game 4.

Geez the Rangers are playing again tonight. That's Game 5 when one series just played Game 3 last night. Terrible scheduling.

If the series goes to Game 6 that's Sunday and Game 7 would be Tuesday.

Calamari41

41 > 38
No one should interpret that to mean that Kings fans suck. We have a great fanbase.

oq0bpFs.jpg

Ok.

Anyway, last night was pretty crap. Just couldn't convert many opportunities. Tbh, I'm a little nervous. I could easily see the Ducks winning the next three straight. We need to get Game 4.

I think that both sides are rightfully nervous in this series. It has been incredibly even through all three games, with the deciding factor of each one amounting to a bounce here or there going one way or the other. The series could just as easily be 3-0 in either direction right now, and both teams know it.

I've gone to hundreds of Ducks games and dozens of Kings games over the years, so here's the gist of it from where I'm standing:

You just put into words something I'd always been suspecting. That going to Staples is a status symbol. Thanks for the insight!

And wow, attending Ducks games since you were 7? Respect.

Kings fans at work won't talk to me right now. Only one did. "Refs had money in their pockets. They didn't call the high stick which led to your 3rd goal. They want this series to last so they get more revenue. That's all I gotta say." Then walks away from me while I'm trying to tell him missed calls go both ways...

The ol' "dish it out but can't take it" thing eh?

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh 1m
No medical report here but Andersen did walk through the room and didn't appear to be hobbling badly or anything like that.

Good. Good.

I guess it's also a good sign that I'm not worried if he's injured or not.

I... Actually want to see John Gibson in a playoff game? He has a ridiculous amount of confidence and (I hate this term) "swagger". He could turn playoff atmosphere into such a non-event in his head, and for a goalie to do that is amazing.

Would we then be one of the rare teams to have 3 goalies play in the playoffs and get wins for each?

The question was raised here before this series started, but apparently the Ducks are staying in a hotel by Staples for this leg of the series. Smart move.

Yes! Quite a few of us were wondering that. Very good move. Keep the team in the right mentality and keep Getzlaf away from a house of 3 kids.

Lots of ignorant trash-talking from Geese fans.

Oh good, you stopped saying "Swans".

And yeah, it's so obvious that both the Kings and Ducks are evenly strengthed, even to Sutter and Boudreaus coaching. This shit is gonna go to 7 games.

Giggzy

I hope we can win in 6 as I'll be backpacking through Yosemite during Game 7. Although I've heard Yosemite is so modernized with all the tourists now that you can get cell reception throughout the park. Listen to the radio feed while sitting next to a campfire and stargazing? Yes please!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Geez the Rangers are playing again tonight. That's Game 5 when one series just played Game 3 last night. Terrible scheduling.

If the series goes to Game 6 that's Sunday and Game 7 would be Tuesday.

Today's useless stat of the day is that the Rangers are an all-time 0-16 in series in which they trail 3 games to 1.

Always a first for everything, though. Or...something?

Hell Giggzy, it'd just be good to have you in this thread if an elimination happens!

God knows we're gonna need group counselling or group celebration.

Also all that comparison analysing I was going to do yesterday about replacements in the lineup is pointless because it was pretty fucking obvious that Vatman made all the difference.

I hope we can win in 6 as I'll be backpacking through Yosemite during Game 7. Although I've heard Yosemite is so modernized with all the tourists now that you can get cell reception throughout the park. Listen to the radio feed while sitting next to a campfire and stargazing? Yes please!

Give a full report when you get back, I'm headed up there this fall. Doing a Pacific Northwest backpacking trip and that's the first stop.

I guess it's also a good sign that I'm not worried if he's injured or not.

I... Actually want to see John Gibson in a playoff game? He has a ridiculous amount of confidence and (I hate this term) "swagger". He could turn playoff atmosphere into such a non-event in his head, and for a goalie to do that is amazing.

It's weird (and shitty) that so many people were happy that Andersen went down when it happened. Yeah, he was playing well, but Hiller was nowhere near the reason why the Ducks dropped games one and two. And I don't want to see Gibson enter this series and become some freak playoff rookie legend, which is damn near guaranteed to happen if he does play.

I really think Carter and Richards need to swap lines. Carter is being asked to created shots for Pearson/Toffoli but they need him out there looking for goals. Richards has played better for a while now but that line still isn't a real scoring threat. Carter might be able to make it one.

No idea how to save King/Stoll/Williams. It's not that they've looked terrible...but man, the best case scenario with them on the ice is they don't give up a goal.

Giggzy

Give a full report when you get back, I'm headed up there this fall. Doing a Pacific Northwest backpacking trip and that's the first stop.

Will do. I've been checking the weather report everyday and it was snowing for a couple days earlier this week. It's been 85+ degrees since. I'm sure there will still be some snow on the north face side though, which should make things interesting!

What are all your stops on the PNT? I would love to take a couple months off of work to do the PNT in its entirety.

I'll be going up to Mineral King in Kings Canyon in September. I'm way more stoked for that one as this Yosemite trip is pretty tame. Mineral King has a 10k elevation gain/descend all in 25 miles, pretty rad.

Beaulieu

Hello fellow canadians.
Will the Pens vs Rangers game be streamable from cbc.ca tonight or is that just for canadian teams ?
thanks a bunch, im a hockey noob.

Acid08

Banned
Sounds like the Sharks crowd is pretty similar to the Ducks crowd. Lots of families and the audience there isn't really about just going to go. Has always been a crowd that is very invested in the games, I was actually pretty surprised how many people left before the final buzzer in Game 7. Although considering the circumstances it's kinda understandable.

Biggest difference is probably that the tickets are more expensive here.

Top Bottom