• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

dream

Good series, Blackhawks fans. Despite the outcome, you have an awesome team, and Toews and Patty Kane are awesome.

Roflobear

Wait, what the hell - why is Crawford not at the net? They didn't even have a 2:00 minute penalty box countdown when he went out, did they?

Sometimes when you're down a goal or two late in the 3rd period, you can bench your goalie in favor of a sixth skater to give yourself a better chance of scoring (with greater risk of course)

Also a goalie usually never goes to the penalty box. Not sure which scenarios they can

Wait, what the hell - why is Crawford not at the net? They didn't even have a 2:00 minute penalty box countdown when he went out, did they?

You can pull your goalie to put an extra skater on the ice (6 on 5). Teams do it when they're down late to try and get a goal fast.

He was so disgusted by the Blackhawks' last 3 games that we went to the locker room and threw up.

Well also this

Marvie_3

Banned
Time to take the Blackhawks bandwagon to the offseason thread

ibo3BuXbcFE0wN.gif

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Ugh, LA/NY final, Bettman must be so excited.

I feel sick to my stomach that I'm going to have to cheer on the Rangers. Not because I dislike them or anything. It's just so hard to root for the guys who just beat your team. Barring a Habs comeback miracle that is, or a Hawks if the Habs fail.

Hawks, please, you need to take this series to game 7

It won't happen. Simple as that. The series is over. No point in even watching the game Wednesday. It'll just be a repeat of the last three games. Q makes stupid ass decisions, players can't pass, Kings score without any effort and the Hawks collectively scratch their balls on the bench. I'll be another 4+ goal game.

Good series, Blackhawks fans. Despite the outcome, you have an awesome team, and Toews and Patty Kane are awesome.

Awesome team? No, not even fucking close.

Roflobear

I feel sick to my stomach that I'm going to have to cheer on the Rangers. Not because I dislike them or anything. It's just so hard to root for the guys who just beat your team. Barring a Habs comeback miracle that is, or a Hawks if the Habs fail.

Join us

ipXXGHgYbTr9m.gif

Assuming the Rangers can pull through

Socreges

Banned
It won't happen. Simple as that. The series is over. No point in even watching the game Wednesday. It'll just be a repeat of the last three games. Q makes stupid ass decisions, players can't pass, Kings score without any effort and the Hawks collectively scratch their balls on the bench. I'll be another 4+ goal game.

Awesome team? No, not even fucking close.
Don't be a baby

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
When sports writers get fucking lazy with their stats:

USA Today said:
The four teams remaining in the NHL playoffs have gone 12-0 when facing elimination this postseason. They are tough outs.

What? The teams that haven't been eliminated yet haven't lost an elimination game?! GET RIGHT OUTTA TOWN!

zroid

Banned

What? The teams that haven't been eliminated yet haven't lost an elimination game?! GET RIGHT OUTTA TOWN!

:lol well you could see it from the angle that they have actually collectively faced quite a few elimination games, which is maybe unusual

the way it's phrased is stupid though

Marvie_3

Banned

I think the point of it is that they've won that many elimination games, not that they haven't lost one.

Edit: Whatever zro fuck you

Roflobear

It would be dark times if Dustin Brown ends up hoisting a second cup. Hope you guys don't show up to the final dance, and it turns into amatuer hour out there.

Yup, same here

:lol well you could see it from the angle that they have actually collectively faced quite a few elimination games, which is maybe unusual

the way it's phrased is stupid though

I guess, but the two teams currently facing elimination haven't played in any elimination games yet, have they?

Edit: Scratch that, Habs have played 2. For some weird reason I thought that series only went to 6 games

Stasis

I hung a Habs shirt on a dumpster in my development.

My gf thought it was very amusing, despite being a Quebecoise, but I chickened out and removed it an hour later. Being the only car with NY plates here I figured it'd be pretty easy to figure out who did it and mess with me, lol.

At least I got a pic!

~Kinggi~

Banned

My gf thought it was very amusing, despite being a Quebecoise, but I chickened out and removed it an hour later. Being the only car with NY plates here I figured it'd be pretty easy to figure out who did it and mess with me, lol.

At least I got a pic!

You are alive, that is all that matters comrade

At least I got a pic!

How can you write that and not post the pic?

Top Bottom