• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Bop0UCxCMAA4wgf.jpg:large

Stepan wearing the facemask.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thanks! And yeah, the south shore. About 15 minutes out. Candiac in fact... the town where most Habs players live, though we certainly can't afford the same area lol. Still a great place to be for real estate appreciation, and maybe I'll run into some of them occasionally!

Not heading back stateside for a while. There's a lot to love out here. I just wanna head somewhere fucking warmer eventually. Maybe Van!

Vancouver is definitely mild. And awesome. I'll buy you a beer!

Jesus christ, the Leafs are overrated as shit in HUT in NHL 14. get the the final of the elite challenge or whatever after beating Edmonton, Colorado and Ottawa (they beat Phoenix, New York and Boston) and apparently Clarkson is a sniper and Gunnarson can pick corners at will from the blue line.

/s

zroid

Banned
fun fact:

of 12 series played so far in the 'yoffs, only 5 were won by the team with home ice. If the conference finals proceed as everyone expects at this point, then it will be 5 of 14.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
One thing no one is really talking about is that Budaj has probably played his last game as a Hab. Tokarski would have to go through waivers to go back to Hamilton, and there's no way he gets there unclaimed.

Mentok

Banned
Whether we win or lose tonight, there's a lot of positives to take away from this year. I hope we can at least play ONE 60 minute game in this series, but if not I'm still good. I said anything past the 1st round was a gift, and beating Boston was sure one hell of a gift! The Rangers should be concerned about their players returning with injuries, it's not like LA won't hit them hard.

EDIT: I too think Budaj may be on his way out, unless they trade Tokarski in the off-season.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Whether we win or lose tonight, there's a lot of positives to take away from this year. I hope we can at least play ONE 60 minute game in this series, but if not I'm still good. I said anything past the 1st round was a gift, and beating Boston was sure one hell of a gift! The Rangers should be concerned about their players returning with injuries, it's not like LA won't hit them hard.

EDIT: I too think Budaj may be on his way out, unless they trade Tokarski in the off-season.

I doubt they'd get enough out of Tokarski in a trade to make it worth it, not like Budaj would get anything in return either. The goalie market is so dead the Leafs will probably hold onto Reimer.

Mentok

Banned
I doubt they'd get enough out of Tokarski in a trade to make it worth it, not like Budaj would get anything in return either. The goalie market is so dead the Leafs will probably hold onto Reimer.

Oh no, not saying they would get anything, but if they want to keep Tokarski, what to do with Budaj? They may get a little more for Tokarski.

Solo

I think it's pretty clear that the Habs goaltending succession is now

Price -> Tokarsi -> Fucale, with Price and Fucale being cornerstone goalies (hopefully) for a generation and Tokarski as the middle man and potentially trade bait if we ever get ourselves into a situation like StL or Ana with too many goalies (best problem ever).

Solo

I'd bring Tinordi in. Why the fuck not?

I'd also shake the lineup bigtime. Vanek in the pressbox, spilt DD/Patches, etc. Go for broke.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I am so bored of all the ref commentary. If the Habs win, the refs handed them the game, if the Rangers win, it is "despite" the refs.

Just play!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
We should clone Bouillon

I'd bring Tinordi in. Why the fuck not?

I'd also shake the lineup bigtime. Vanek in the pressbox, spilt DD/Patches, etc. Go for broke.

I would try Vanek with DD and Patches before anything drastic. He seemingly only scores when he's on the ice with them(including that empty net against Boston).

Put AGally/Eller/BGally togther again, then have Plekanec as a pure shutdown line, and a fast, energy fourth line.

Top Bottom