• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Roflobear

What a strange conversation =P

Also love Doughty's reaction here

PracticalGrandioseKronosaurus.gif

zychi

Banned
Oh my god, how do you let that get past you? How?
Because half of the Hawks have to deal with these no calls to the face:

Weird coincidence that so many Hawk players have cuts right on the bridge of their noses :/

I'm not making excuses, but if DK does this all game, gets his stick "taken" by an opponent, and LA is cut on their faces, something needs to be called.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Because half of the Hawks have to deal with these no calls to the face:

Weird coincidence that so many Hawk players have cuts right on the bridge of their noses :/

I'm not making excuses, but if DK does this all game, gets his stick "taken" by an opponent, and LA is cut on their faces, something needs to be called.

Oh wow, that is pretty damn ridiculous. And from the Kings, no less? I refuse to believe it.

I mean, seriously, at what point do you just skate up to the ref and say "look, there is a Kings stick literally trapped inside my visor. Perchance this evidence will convince you that a high stick hath occurred??"

Looks like I should go back and watch the two periods I missed.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Montreal seems to be putting everything into the first period tonight, at least from all the talk. If we can pull a Game 2 scenario, where the Habs came out on fire only to find themselves somehow down a goal at the first intermission, that may be enough to break them for good.

I still find it difficult to believe that we could pull off three straight wins in Bell Centre, so I'm not expecting to win tonight, but I also feel far more confident about this whole situation than I normally would. The Rangers got a firsthand lesson in what they CAN'T do while up 3-1 in the last round, so they should be ready for it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty good crowd vid of St. Louis' OT winner.

This looks like it's about 3 or 4 sections to the right of my usual spot.

Also gives a pretty good view of just how wide open MSL really was.

EDIT: In other news, Carey Price skated and practiced in full equipment before the rest of the team this morning. I know what Therrien has said about him being out, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's a Game 6/7 option.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty good crowd vid of St. Louis' OT winner.

This looks like it's about 3 or 4 sections to the right of my usual spot.

Also gives a pretty good view of just how wide open MSL really was.

EDIT: In other news, Carey Price skated and practiced in full equipment before the rest of the team this morning. I know what Therrien has said about him being out, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's a Game 6/7 option.

I would keep Price out regardless, no way he's 100%.

Calamari41

41 > 38
U still mad about the ducks bro? Poor Teemu has to watch the finals from his couch this year.

No, I'm not, if anything I'm more proud of them based on how the Kings are performing in this round. I'm pointing out how far off the deep end you're going and how fascinating it is to watch in real time. Also, on a related matter, it doesn't really work when you try to make fun of a team for being eliminated when they already beat the crap out of your team in a previous round.

Most "salt" being expressed with regards to the Kings performing well has less to do with hatred of the actual team and more to do with annoyance at the inevitable flood of Kings fans that will grow with each victory. To use a previous analogy, it's like calling someone salty when they get annoyed by a newly discovered cockroach infestation.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Stepan in a face cage, fully participating in practice, taking line rushes with Nash and Kreider, skating on the PP units.

Sure seems like he's playing tonight.

This seems INSANE. Hope he knows what he's doing.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Stepan in a face cage, fully participating in practice, taking line rushes with Nash and Kreider, skating on the PP units.

Did we ever get specific details on where his jaw was fractured, and how big it was? Or is that something they hold onto until after their season is over?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Did we ever get specific details on where his jaw was fractured, and how big it was?

Not really, other than that he had a plate inserted. I figure the fracture couldn't have been huge considering it was initially missed on an x-ray and required a CT scan the next day to find. But that doesn't seem like something you want to risk making worse.

TrueGrime

Crazy man. Sometimes players just need to take a breather and heal!

Calamari41

41 > 38
Not really, other than that he had a plate inserted. I figure the fracture couldn't have been huge considering it was initially missed on an x-ray and required a CT scan the next day to find. But that doesn't seem like something you want to risk making worse.

Yeah for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he legitimately is fine risking a worse break, which would heal in the offseason (right?), in order to help out his team.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he legitimately is fine risking a worse break, which would heal in the offseason (right?), in order to help out his team.

Well, yeah, but he might want to, like, eat or something during the offseason too. :D

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I wouldn't be worrying about the fracture so much as any possible concussion issues he may have.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Stepan is on a soft diet, but he can talk. He is not currently medically cleared to play and is considered a gametime decision. According to AV "a lot of things have to fall into place for him to play." Decision will lie with the doctors as to whether or not he can play.

So I'm pretty sure he's playing.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Stepan is on a soft diet, but he can talk. He is not currently medically cleared to play and is considered a gametime decision. According to AV "a lot of things have to fall into place for him to play." Decision will lie with the doctors as to whether or not he can play.

List of things that need to fall into place:

- Be the playoffs

Stasis

That'd be good, but I'll be nervous. We can't lose Step again or for a longer period, nor can we lose another center which sure seems to be the trend in this series. Though I'm far from taking this one for granted, my concern lies more with facing the Kings center depth. If the Hawks are having trouble there it's safe to assume we will too, particularly if we're not running the full squad.

That said, we just got confirmation that we sold our condo this morning and we're now off to sign a contract to have a new house built in a fantastic area we had previously reserved a plot on conditional to this sale, a sale we almost lost. I feel like my day would be fucking perfect if we can wrap this up right here in Montreal. Icing on the cake. Then I'll go play the lotto.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That'd be good, but I'll be nervous. We can't lose Step again or for a longer period, nor can we lose another center which sure seems to be the trend in this series. Though I'm far from taking this one for granted, my concern lies more with facing the Kings center depth. If the Hawks are having trouble there it's safe to assume we will too, particularly if we're not running the full squad.

That said, we just got confirmation that we sold our condo this morning and we're now off to sign a contract to have a new house built in a fantastic area we had previously reserved a plot on conditional to this sale, a sale we almost lost. I feel like my day would be fucking perfect if we can wrap this up right here in Montreal. Icing on the cake. Then I'll go play the lotto.

Congratz! Staying in Montreal?

Stasis

Congratz! Staying in Montreal?

Thanks! And yeah, the south shore. About 15 minutes out. Candiac in fact... the town where most Habs players live, though we certainly can't afford the same area lol. Still a great place to be for real estate appreciation, and maybe I'll run into some of them occasionally!

Not heading back stateside for a while. There's a lot to love out here. I just wanna head somewhere fucking warmer eventually. Maybe Van!

Top Bottom